PDA

View Full Version : MS fault or EA

sports10
08-17-2003, 04:56 PM
OK so whos fault is it that Madden isnt online. I thought it was EA cuz they didnt like MS, but then I heard it was MS cuz they have all these stupid guidelines and gives the game creators no freedom. Which one is it, cuz madden is the best but they wont put it online, and games arent the same these days w/out online.

Uchiha Sasuke
08-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by sports10
OK so whos fault is it that Madden isnt online. I thought it was EA cuz they didnt like MS, but then I heard it was MS cuz they have all these stupid guidelines and gives the game creators no freedom. Which one is it, cuz madden is the best but they wont put it online, and games arent the same these days w/out online.

I'm hearing the same stuff too. I heard it was mostly MS fault that no games by EA are live supported. I don't know the exact details though.

Chaotic
08-18-2003, 10:25 AM
It's because EA doesn't want microsoft to control the use of their football game for online use and allow them 0 access to the game servers. EA wants full control and wants to be able to run their own game servers, that's why they support ps2 because they run their own game servers. Since you need the xbox live service and a specfic network to run games MS would have to take control of EA's game in order for xbox live players to have access to it.

Holt88
08-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Heard EA want's to charge people.

RudedogX
08-22-2003, 08:13 AM
Add what was said to this little fact: EA wants all servers for the previous year's games shut down the same day the new games come out, thus forcing you to buy the newest year's games. I know several of my PS2 friends that have already had this happened with last year's madden, so yes, it is EA's greed, and not MS's fault.