PDA

View Full Version : Dvd rom

GreenFire
08-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Alright, now, many of you might find this stupid, but I like to tinker. So let me explain. I planned on putting my xbox and dreamcast into a computer tower. I started with the xbox, took everything apart and put it in the tower. For some reason it will boot and then lock up. So then I put it back in the xbox case and it works fine. I thought that metal might be touching the solder points, so i used fatty risers. It still didnt boot properly. Back into the origiinal xbox case, and it works fine. Does anyone know anything about this. Oh, btw, the reason I named the thread dvd rom was because I had to take the dvd rom apart to take off the original plastic mounting pieces so that i could fit it in a bay in the tower. I think I touched the lens because when i first booted, it wouldnt read a disc at all. then i cleaned the lens with windex and it read the disc but then quit with a message about a dirty disc. also, my game file on ut was erased. I dont know, lots of crazy stuff. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions, or a working dvdrom, lmk. Thanks.

if you want to get a hold of me directly, email me at kbubp@myrealbox.com or aol IM me at antipop2195.

Papke
08-17-2003, 11:13 PM
I suggest you leave the box the way it is, or at least buy a new one so you can have one for tinkering and one you know will be fine.:D

I don't know anything about this stuff, so sorry I can't help.:D

GreenFire
08-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Well, if I had the money to buy another xbox i would. I probably will after I pay off my new car and buy a Fzr600. I am only 17 btw making 6.50/hr. So, income isnt that great. But, if anyone wants to sell me their xbox for relatively cheap, I'm up for it. Preferably one that has been modded with the EvoX bios. Sorry for mentioning that <---. Ah well.

Papke
08-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Easy on the odmay alktay:p

J Dub
08-18-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by GreenFire
Well, if I had the money to buy another xbox i would. I probably will after I pay off my new car and buy a Fzr600. I am only 17 btw making 6.50/hr. So, income isnt that great. But, if anyone wants to sell me their xbox for relatively cheap, I'm up for it. Preferably one that has been modded with the EvoX bios. Sorry for mentioning that &lt;---. Ah well.

Good job. This thread'll be locked now.

And maybe if you're so short on cash you shouldn't be screwing around with stuff that isn't replaceable. Just a thought, anyways.

LynxFX
08-18-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by GreenFire
Sorry for mentioning that &lt;---. Ah well.
By saying that you obviously know the rules but just incase
do not talk about modding in the XBA forums. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/misc.php?action=faq&page=2#rules)

Thread closed.