PDA

View Full Version : my hopes about halo2

ghost 009
08-17-2003, 11:12 PM
I HOPE halo 2 multiplayer is gonna be way more better than the first one. I liked a couple of the levels in the first halo bloodgulch, sidewinder, and a couple others. But I think that the whole single player envroment was so much better than the multiplayer. I see some of that going into the pc verion of it. But like on hang em high I dont like it on ts. I dont like cause I think that if your on the blue team your screwed cause the red team always respawns on the top. If you had parts of the single player game into the mutiplaeyer game that would .....very shagadelic. I also dont like how the rocket launcer is. The tank launcer goes much faster. If they just made the rocket launcher go as fast as the tank but only use one rocket at a time. But I think the weapons in halo 2 will make up for the ones in halo. The only weapon I was good at in halo was the pistol but in halo 2 you have the battle rifle which I am gonna use a LOT. But in Halo 2 you can use whatever gun to match >you. If your just a strait up go up and kill type you now can use duel smgs or if you like duel pistols you got it or if you like to rush em use a battle rifle, of ther is always vechicles and new covenent guns. Which means better players and a much, much sweeter gameplay if they make it right which I would like to call W.A.R.

Reclaimer
08-19-2003, 05:19 AM
I think there's a higher percentage of players who play Halo not in a LAN enviroment. Meaning, multiplayer on a single xbox. So playing a MP game on a single player campaign map, would be a pain. Yeah, it would be cool. But those maps are way too friggin big for the majority of the Halo players to really enjoy. Four people running around the AOTCR map? It would be days before you saw anyone. So realistically, it would be better to make maps specifically for smaller groups. Besides, look at the map descriptions. It will tell you how many people should play on a map. Sidewinder - perfect for 16 players. Chiron - 2-4.

As for the pistol, I hope it stays the same. I never leave the base without it. I'll toss out the Assault rifle to keep a shotgun/pistol combo.

I think the tank and rocket launcher are just fine. Each one suits a purpose. The rocket launcher seems to me more like a rocket propelled grenade. Not an actual missile. Besides, at medium range, just beyond getting caught in your own splash damage, that weapon is plenty fast. You're not sniping with it. It's anti-personnel / Group dispersal. Don't try to fling one down range. Use the tank for getting your point across the map. There's a balance in the way the weapons where designed in this game.

As for dual weapon wielding, I would love to carry a shotgun and pistol at the same time. Pick 'em off as they charge up, and if they get too close, whack em with the 12 guage.
---It's amazing that so far into the future with all that technology, the only thing that really just stayed the same is the good old boom stick!

ScorpionX
08-19-2003, 06:04 PM
But like on hang em high I dont like it on ts. I dont like cause I think that if your on the blue team your screwed cause the red team always respawns on the top.

I have no clue where you get that statement from, but it is false. Very false.

If you had parts of the single player game into the mutiplaeyer game that would .....very shagadelic.

As Reclaimer said, almost all of the single-player maps are way too big for 4 people. The only exception I can see is Pillar of Autumn.

I also dont like how the rocket launcer is. The tank launcer goes much faster. If they just made the rocket launcher go as fast as the tank but only use one rocket at a time.

Well the rocket is mostly meant for anti-armor and close range, not to be camping and shooting at the enemy's base from across the level. That would be just plain pathetic to give a weapon that much power.

Anyway, I do hope they keep the pistol as a powerful weapon in Halo 2, but to add weapons that can actually take someone with the pistol out.

ghost 009
08-19-2003, 10:12 PM
The rocket would still kill you up close no matter how fast it is going and it would be a hell of a lot easier to destroy vehicles because they are still hard to destroy up close. And when I said parts of the single player level I ment parts of 1 level not the whole thing.

Reclaimer
08-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Butterz
The rocket would still kill you up close no matter how fast it is going and it would be a hell of a lot easier to destroy vehicles because they are still hard to destroy up close. And when I said parts of the single player level I ment parts of 1 level not the whole thing.

It's just a matter of finding the effective killing distance of the rocket launcher. Yes, yes, yes, the rocket can kill all the way across the map, but if you actually kill someone from red base to blue base on Blood Gulch, 2 things are happening. 1, You got extremely lucky. 2, You opponent is pathetic to get killed by a rocket that takes around 5 seconds of flight time to get there, the whole way you can see it coming.

The point is that the RPG should only be used in short range. If you use it long distances, then you're wasting rockets.
The tank should only be used to clear other tanks, or getting a shell across the map, simply because it's the fastest way.

You want effective means of using a rocket? Firing down at people trying get up ontop of one of the BG bases. Nailing people trying traverse ladders, basically any instance where you have to fire down at someone, or trying to kill people in a tight space without actually going into the space yourself, and finally clearing vehicles out. But only against the tank can you possible get away with a long distance shot. And I use the term possibly rather loosely.

Each weapon has specific value and usefulness. You just can't screw around in combat. The longer an egangement continues, the more likely you'll die. So that's why you must have the correct tool for the job. The more you play this game, the more obvious the roles each weapon has becomes.

xXx-Tricky-xXx
09-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Ok, lok, i think i kidna got a lil over drematic writing this. Didnt notice i wrote this much. hehe

halo 2 better have bigger maps and be able to fly. and have all vehicles and everything. I think it would be neat having a map thats an old abandoned city and you can go in buildings. Also I hope you can have AI bots in Multiplayer. I want ot have liek 4 bots on my team and 3 on my friends because 1 vs 1 is boring. Its neat to have them on the jeep or tank all together. Oh and maybe a double duel banshee or something. One is gunner and other is flyer with machine gun kinda thing or something. I think some peopel dont liek Halo because its gun variety. Not much. They might be used to Unreal Torunament games or something.
Halo 2 should have a wide variety of guns. Having multiplayer a little like Unreal Torunament would be awsome. Liek you could do 4 teams. You and a friend on same or opposite and like there woudl be 20 people, 5 on each team. I coudl get banshee or somethign and just pulvarize them all. Hehe. If i was working on Halo 2 it would be better in multiplayer. On Halo, multiplayer wasn't homey and wasn't very compatible. but my advice to Bungie is make multiplayer to full extent. All Vehicles in game alot of guns and AI BOTS! lol I would like to just shoot some GI's after getting bored of Single Player. If you did that I could play single player in multiplayer if that makes since. Just shooting Aliens and crap gets borign fast. And multiplayer gets boring faster. Maybe Halo 2 will change that.

I wish we coudl make a bunch of ideas and send them into Bungi and see if they like anything. I mean come on. Fans know best.

ghost 009
09-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by xXx-Tricky-xXx
Ok, lok, i think i kidna got a lil over drematic writing this. Didnt notice i wrote this much. hehe

halo 2 better have bigger maps and be able to fly. and have all vehicles and everything. I think it would be neat having a map thats an old abandoned city and you can go in buildings. Also I hope you can have AI bots in Multiplayer. I want ot have liek 4 bots on my team and 3 on my friends because 1 vs 1 is boring. Its neat to have them on the jeep or tank all together. Oh and maybe a double duel banshee or something. One is gunner and other is flyer with machine gun kinda thing or something. I think some peopel dont liek Halo because its gun variety. Not much. They might be used to Unreal Torunament games or something.
Halo 2 should have a wide variety of guns. Having multiplayer a little like Unreal Torunament would be awsome. Liek you could do 4 teams. You and a friend on same or opposite and like there woudl be 20 people, 5 on each team. I coudl get banshee or somethign and just pulvarize them all. Hehe. If i was working on Halo 2 it would be better in multiplayer. On Halo, multiplayer wasn't homey and wasn't very compatible. but my advice to Bungie is make multiplayer to full extent. All Vehicles in game alot of guns and AI BOTS! lol I would like to just shoot some GI's after getting bored of Single Player. If you did that I could play single player in multiplayer if that makes since. Just shooting Aliens and crap gets borign fast. And multiplayer gets boring faster. Maybe Halo 2 will change that.

I wish we coudl make a bunch of ideas and send them into Bungi and see if they like anything. I mean come on. Fans know best.
sounds just like I want it to be.

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 11:52 AM
my hopes it will be out before i get to old!!!!!