PDA

View Full Version : does anyone want TRON 2.0 to come to the xbox?

greggp666
08-18-2003, 12:07 AM
i just played the demo on my computer and i thought it was really cool i love the glow effect that they use. i just wish i had a better computer. so in turn i am hoping it come to the xbox . what do you guys think?

Papke
08-18-2003, 12:12 AM
I actually had fun playing the multiplayer demo too.

What the hell, bring it to the box!

Urduhn
08-18-2003, 01:28 AM
Sure, why not.

Shadow20002
08-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Ok.. bring it on !! ;)

Frink
08-18-2003, 02:23 AM
Though I'm a huge fan of the original Tron, I thought that demo was kind of lackluster. I was expecting a great game, on par with teh addictiveness of the arcade original and Discs of Tron, but I just didn' t get it.

I haven't played the updated demo, so I'll have to get it tomorrow and see if it's any better. But bring it to the Xbox anyway, can never have too many games.

Highlite23
08-18-2003, 08:20 AM
I would love to see a well designed Tron game come to XBOX, I loved the movie concept back in the flegling years of gaming.

Hey Frink, whenever you want to mosy on into the DIsc's of Tron booth, come give me a visit...I got one a couple of years ago from a arcade cealer and it's next to my bar in the basement.;)

I loved that game in the arcade...............BTW, where have all the arcades gone??

thrAsher
08-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
I would love to see a well designed Tron game come to XBOX, I loved the movie concept back in the flegling years of gaming.

Hey Frink, whenever you want to mosy on into the DIsc's of Tron booth, come give me a visit...I got one a couple of years ago from a arcade cealer and it's next to my bar in the basement.;)

I loved that game in the arcade...............BTW, where have all the arcades gone??

If it sells well, maybe we'll see an Xbox version. I'd be cool with that. I play Tron at the laundromat by my house whenever I got to do laundry.

And the arcade has moved into the living room, really. All my friends who used to go to the arcade w/ me now own Xboxes or PC's and therefore have no need for the arcade.

BTW, where did all the drive-ins go?

Delphar7
08-18-2003, 02:37 PM
I would LOVE to have a Tron game for xBox... And maybe JUST maybe, have the original "arcade" game unlockable, like they did with RTCW: Wolfenstein 3D.

Memories. . .

Still would love the discs of Tron though.. and I'd play 2.0. (Course I was suckered into the website early and thought it was Tron 2.0 The
movie)

And All the Drive-ins have moved to the Living room with Large screens and projection TVs, DVD's, 7.5.1.62 Point Surround-UposideDownSounds... and the Fact people rather Make out on their couch than in the Back seat of the Car! :p

Oh, where did all the Back seats go. . .

delphar

jabrre
08-18-2003, 05:34 PM
How times have changed!! I never thought the day would come when the arcade was extinct, but its all a part of life. Good things must come to an end.

The only thing I will miss with the Tron 2.0 if it comes to the BOX is this: the arcade feeling of Tron back in the 80s (I believe it was 1982, if my memory is right). I remember the awesome feeling sitting with the speakers right near my ears playing the game. Tron, Pole Position 2, and Dig Dug were the games that were getting plenty of quarters (make that tokens) from me back in those days. So, even if Tron 2.0 was released for the Box, there will still be something missing in the transition.

runninutes
08-19-2003, 09:27 AM
I'd like to see it on XBox - looks like they've done some interesting stuff with the concept, but my PC couldn't even run it in 48 X 24 resolution (and no, I didn't leave out any numbers), so XBox is the only way I'll get to play it.

There is a drive-in near my house, and I'm always surprised to see it's still there. I've only been to a drive-in a couple of times, with a bunch of friends, and we all ended up sitting on top of the car, next to the car, etc.

As to arcades, I've noticed that the few left tend to lean more towards the "gimmick" games that you have to have special equipment to play, such as racing games where you sit in a seat, dance games, big gun games like Time Crisis 3, skee ball... you get the picture. They only have a few regular games left, and they all cost like 75 cents, except for a few classics like Pac-Man and Galaga, which cost 25 cents. There just isn't much point in playing most games in an arcade when for the same amount of money (if you like the game) you can play them at home. Heck, a rental at Blockbuster's what, $5? That's only 5 or 6 plays of most games at an arcade.

They recently had an article in my old University's newspaper about people who play DDR there - one of them figured he had spent about $4000 playing it... You could buy a full-sized DDR arcade machine for that much money! Actually, for around $1500, you could get a cool used pinball machine. You could spend about another $800 to buy a classic like Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat (less for something like Pac-Man), and have $1700 left over to buy a PS2, a PS2 memory card, a few DDR games, a couple of hard dance pads (a pair would run you between $100 & $200), a decent sound system, and an ok TV. That'd leave you with a pseudo-arcade in your house, and you could invite your DDR buddies over to your house to play (they could bring the beer with the money they're saving).