PDA

View Full Version : Atari Brings The Trivial Pursuit To Xbox

Urduhn
08-18-2003, 01:40 AM
Atari today revealed plans to bring the Trivial Pursuit game onto the Xbox video game system from Microsoft with Xbox Live support. The famous trivia game will come to life on Xbox with innovative gameplay, multimedia clips and entertaining question topics that will be presented by six celebrity hosts from both television and movies.

"Bringing the Trivial Pursuit Unhinged game to next-generation console platforms will allow us to take everything people love about the board game even further by offering more ways to interact with other players, exciting new game play features and entertaining multimedia questions," said Nancy MacIntyre, vice president of marketing for Atari. "The Trivial Pursuit Unhinged game will stay true to the spirit and essence of the classic board game while also fully embracing the pace and distinctive style of console game play."

The Trivial Pursuit Unhinged game delivers incredible new game features that turn a familiar classic into an amazing new experience where a crafty move might outdo a correct answer. The Trivial Pursuit Unhinged game includes three game modes - Classic, Flash and Unhinged, which features bonus points and special board moves. In Unhinged mode, players can now steal wedges, bet as to whether other players will answer correctly, earn and spend bonus points, as well as a plethora of additional special moves and squares that keep the game entertaining.

Developed by Artech Studios, the Trivial Pursuit Unhinged game will be available this holiday with a suggested retail price of $29.95 for Xbox and PlayStation 2 and $19.95 for the PC.

DZNUTZ
08-18-2003, 11:36 AM
damn..this actually sounds pretty damn coo to me.

i'll probably cop a copy...especially if its at that low price.

thrAsher
08-18-2003, 12:01 PM
This would be a blast on Live. I'd be down for some Trivia tournies for sure. The Unhinged mode sounds like fun, too. I wonder who the celeb talent is.

So, any word if it'll support Live?

yeszir
08-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
So, any word if it'll support Live?
The answer (yes) is in the first sentence of the article posted. This should retail at a low price (well, lower than 50) because its a trivia game. I bet itll release at 40 and then go down, but ill definitely be picking it up. Online trivia sounds fun!

thrAsher
08-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Well, guess I should read the posts more thouroughly, sorta skimmed it. :D

runninutes
08-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Frankly, I wasn't too excited about the idea until I saw that it'd be Live - that's a great idea for this game. Thinking of fun trivia games - has anyone else played You Don't Know Jack? Those games are excellent - too bad the TV version wasn't...

dances with broom sticks
08-18-2003, 12:48 PM
I think it would be really fun, but they have to make sure to have a TON of questions, because the game will completely suck as soon as people get the same questions. Nothing is worse than playing a triva game on the computer when everyone knows the answer already.

Maybe they could have weekly or monthly d/c with a ton of questions, and once the new questions come out, the old ones arent used anymore.

yeszir
08-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by runninutes
Frankly, I wasn't too excited about the idea until I saw that it'd be Live - that's a great idea for this game. Thinking of fun trivia games - has anyone else played You Don't Know Jack? Those games are excellent - too bad the TV version wasn't...
haha, hell yeah! I had hours of fun screwing my opponents on all the questions they didnt know. That was an awesome game....

Arven
08-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Some video game trivia would make a nice addition.

Shadow20002
08-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, rental first then maybe buy it. :o

PapaSKooT
08-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by yeszir

The answer (yes) is in the first sentence of the article posted. This should retail at a low price (well, lower than 50) because its a trivia game. I bet itll release at 40 and then go down, but ill definitely be picking it up. Online trivia sounds fun!

The answer ($29.95 for Xbox and PlayStation 2 and $19.95 for the PC) is in the last sentence of the article posted. :D :D :D :D