PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Names/Tags for Console

Deathincarnate
08-18-2003, 08:22 AM
i have somehow managed to change the name of my xbox from the original name it was given and i have no idea how i did it

I belive it happened when i named my memory card but have tryed it since and had no success

I Know there is a way but i need to know how to repeat it

can you help

dances with broom sticks
08-18-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Deathincarnate
i have somehow managed to change the name of my xbox from the original name it was given and i have no idea how i did it

I belive it happened when i named my memory card but have tryed it since and had no success

I Know there is a way but i need to know how to repeat it

can you help

There is many ways, I think you can do it in DOA, and there is a few other games. But survival mode of DOA will change it to whatever you save your name as.

Im not completely sure this is accurate, as I havent done this for along time, but its something like that

bluefire712
08-18-2003, 12:05 PM
If you made an online nickname in Return to Castle Wolfenstein, you Xbox will be renamed to the last nickname you made. Keep in mind don't make too many nicknames, because they cannot be deleted from the hard drive.

GreenFire
08-18-2003, 10:51 PM
^^^ Make as many nicknames as you want, you'll never fill up the hard drive with text files.

Ford Mustang
08-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Are you sure you can't go into the Memory section of the Dashboard and get rid of them? You can delete individual accounts for games, so I don't see why you couldn't delete nicknames. Just a thought.

bluefire712
08-18-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
Are you sure you can't go into the Memory section of the Dashboard and get rid of them? You can delete individual accounts for games, so I don't see why you couldn't delete nicknames. Just a thought.

Nope, it's stored on the interal Xbox files. If you want confirmation, feel free to stop at Activision Support they have a support ticket on the issue at http://activision.custhelp.com/.

l Maximus l
08-18-2003, 11:40 PM
There are a few games that you can change your original XBox name with. A few that I know from the top of my head are:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Dead Or Alive 3
Moto GP
Moto GP 2

And, there are a few more...

My original was "The Bear". The ironic thing was, after my first XBox fried, I bought another one and it also had the original XBox name as "The Bear".

I changed my first XBox to "Maximus"...and my current one is appropriately named "Maximus2". If this one fries, I'll buy a new one and call it "Maximus3"...but, I hope that never happens :D

blonks
08-19-2003, 10:36 AM
my nickname for wolfenstein is

Big Pappa Plump

and thats registered*...

*not really it just sounded good