PDA

View Full Version : is something wrong w/ my xbox?!?! help please!!!!

Kev Van Dam
08-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Ever since I bought madden 2004, my xbox has been actin wierd i would get this error on the screen that says please call xbox constumer service something is wrong with your xbox (there is a number 07 in the top of the screen also) and the ejection button green light turns red?!?!!?

Whats wrong with it???????!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?:argue1: :mad: :watchout: :(

xboxman_1
08-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Hm...no idea. Try calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX....I think thats the number. Go to xbox.com to make sure.

Stormlord
08-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Well did you get a smudge on it with your fingers? IF not clean it anyways. If the problem persists try deleting your Madden 2004 file from your hard drive. If it's still a problem it could be a damaged DVD drive or Hard Drive. I had the same problem and ended up having to buy a new Xbox.

Make sure it's just Madden. Try every other game and see if it does the same. If it does then call 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269). Explain to them your problem. And tell them that you already tried deleting the file. They'll probably ask you to send it in. First things first, if you're still under warranty or something, make sure it'll be for free. IF it is for free then tell them that it's a Hard Drive and DVD problem. Since I said it was a DVD prob they only fixed my DVD and I was stuck with a busted HD. They take care of everything. They'll send you a box and you ship it to them in it. You'll get it back in 8-10 business days. Before you send it get a memory card and save whatever you really want to keep from the HD. If it will cost you something, more than likely it's going to be $108. With the Xbox being 180 I just bought a new one. Hope that works. :cheers:

Prior
08-18-2003, 11:23 AM
well i kinda have the same probleme but diffrent i play all my xbox games no prob but lately when i play my new ghost reon live and when i'm waitin for it to load it says game erroc disc dirty or fdamge but each time i chekc its not my loading is gettin slower and stuff like i think that theres too mcuh dust on the laser but i'm not sure so if you guys have any suggestion plz tell me thx.

Peace

No Fear 23
08-18-2003, 11:40 AM
something is wrong with ur xbox bc the green light turned red. call them up.

Stormlord
08-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Use a Laser lens cleaner. But watch out cause my Xbox played Halo and stuff fine but all live games' files got corrupted and couldn't sign on Live with'em. Even then it was corrupting my Silent Hill files. Just call them up to see if they can help. IF you're afraid of the waiting on the phone it actually doesn't take that long to get an attendant. :D

Dre
08-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Since your Xbox actually says "Call Customer Service" have you tried calling them?

prakeem
08-18-2003, 08:49 PM
That's what you get for buying Madden..........naa I'm playin!

Rapp1dFire
08-18-2003, 09:08 PM
it is probly overheated if it is red:cuss:

GreenFire
08-18-2003, 10:46 PM
I have a list of the error codes and what they mean, I'll get back to you on the 07 code asap.

GreenFire
08-18-2003, 10:48 PM
This information is a believed to be correct, should be as close as it gets;
Also:
Bootloader stuff you should never see, since if it fails kernel doesn't boot. (thus you see no message)

Code Who sets it - Description

0 - any - No error (duh)

1 - bootldr - Unknown exactly, something to do with checking the motherboard

2 - bootldr - Eeprom check failed

3 - bootldr - ??/not used

4 - bootldr - Ram check failed

5 - kernel - HDD not locked (retail bioses require the hd to be locked)

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

8 - kernel - No HDD found

9 - kernel - HDD parameters (PIO/DMA/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug)

10 - kernel - DVD timeout

11 - kernel - No DVD Founnd

12 - kernel - DVD parameters (PIO/DMA)

13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

14 - dashboard - Error loading dashboard (dashboard generic error)

15 - - ??/not used

16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)

17 - - ??/not used

18 - - ??/not used

19 - - ??/not used

20 - kernel - The dashboard was attempted to load and failed; It was a cold boot, and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed, but it (for some reason) needed to be noted that the dvd passed the challenge/response authentication

21 - anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag

In closing:

21 was the highest number I could find, I dont think anynthing is past that. And for the unknown ones, I couldn't find anyreference to them at all, I don't believe they are used.

DocHoliday78
08-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Rapp1dFire
it is probly overheated if it is red:cuss:
I had no idea the xboxs could overheat. Where did you hear that at?

GreenFire
08-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

I had no idea the xboxs could overheat. Where did you hear that at?

Oh yeah man, if it flashes red, its overheating. You know I have my xbox apart, and lemme tell you, last night I was playin rtcw and it just turned off and flashed red and would not turn back on. Then I felt the heatsink and ****... it must have been 200 degrees at least. So, yeah, they can overheat. If you are having an overheating problem, either call ms or be brave and put your own fans in. Youll have to splice the hd power connector on the newer ones as the only have the power adaptor for 1 fan on the mobo. either way, a #7 means it cant find the hard drive. which sucks. if you need any help/suggestions email me or somethin. later

Prior
08-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Well i think StormLord answer my question but i'm ot sure if so thx

Leviathon
08-20-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by GreenFire

Oh yeah man, if it flashes red, its overheating. You know I have my xbox apart, and lemme tell you, last night I was playin rtcw and it just turned off and flashed red and would not turn back on. Then I felt the heatsink and ****... it must have been 200 degrees at least. So, yeah, they can overheat. If you are having an overheating problem, either call ms or be brave and put your own fans in. Youll have to splice the hd power connector on the newer ones as the only have the power adaptor for 1 fan on the mobo. either way, a #7 means it cant find the hard drive. which sucks. if you need any help/suggestions email me or somethin. later

My friend, who is a IT pro and does some modding on the side for people said that an xbox overheats easier when taken apart and left to run with it's cover off. He said the air flow increases when the cover is on. He showed me how this works. He took his the cover off, and turned it on with a new dashboard that displays
the temperature. It kept rising and rising to a point that it would overheat. He put the cover on and the temp started to go down.

To me that doesn't make sense cause you would think that it would run cooler with the cover off. My friend said that the cover is designed to help circulate the air flow some how....:huh:

FYI too. To those of you who might have modded boxes and have installed new HD's. Larger HD's create more heat. My friend put in a 120 gig HD in his box when he first modded it and it overheated all the time. He had to scale down to a 60 gig.

mattgame
08-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Call customer service let them help you.

Douchesforfun
08-22-2003, 09:20 PM
i have problems playing dvd's and stuff it always skips