PDA

View Full Version : XBL price Change?



Discretion
08-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Beginning in October, Xbox Live will be available at the following prices:

* $79.99 - Xbox Live one year renewal/subscription
* $8.99 - Xbox Live monthly rate
* $49.99 - Xbox Live Voice Communicator
* $99.99 - Xbox Live Starter Kit (includes full version of MechAssault and Xbox Communicator headset)

I got this from the front page... It changed?! WHAT A RIP! That's $30 more and the headsets are a rip.

Edit: I just had a friend talk to XBOX TECH, and they said those are Canadian. The front page isn't too clear on this. I was thinking HOLY CRAP thats a lot of $ compared to before. WHEW.

MerimacHamwich
08-18-2003, 04:28 PM
I am guessing that seeing as this is a Canadian website, and the owner Stephen, who happens to be Canadian, posted this information that the prices are probably Canadian. Also, there is the fact that these were the Canadian prices anounced a while ago, minus the Mech Assault one.

Discretion
08-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I am guessing that seeing as this is a Canadian website, and the owner Stephen, who happens to be Canadian, posted this information that the prices are probably Canadian. Also, there is the fact that these were the Canadian prices anounced a while ago, minus the Mech Assault one.
Yeah, I figured that out through a friend. I figured something was wrong but I wasn't sure since it wasn't specified. It was once announced @ XBA I believe of US pricing so I got confused. :p

MerimacHamwich
08-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Yeah, the news posting here at XBA seems pretty chaotic. No specifics seem to be included like currency, time zone, and things of that nature.

If the mods would pass that on I am sure alot of us would appreciate it.
:)

BigJosh359
08-18-2003, 06:54 PM
News for US Prices. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=3700)

Knight
08-18-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
News for US Prices. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=3700)

If they go up $30 for a year I'm going to be mad.
But it's good news to hear it's staying at $50.

FuNkY mOnK
08-18-2003, 07:08 PM
I'm confused, do we have to pay 49.99 u.s dollars for the renewal plus 5.99 a month? because that would be $121.87 before tax a year WTF!!!! :mad:

Knight
08-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
I'm confused, do we have to pay 49.99 u.s dollars for the renewal plus 5.99 a month? because that would be $121.87 before tax a year WTF!!!! :mad:

No, you can pay just $50 for the whole year or $6 a month.

So it's $50 or $72 that's if you chose to pay $6 a month.

DocHoliday78
08-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Well the prices could be much worse. I am just glad that they didnt up the year subsription price. All i got is 55 bucks:D

Young_Fledgling
08-19-2003, 03:30 PM
these prices suck :(