PDA

View Full Version : Halo, lost some luster in PC-Xbox conversion

Prophet
12-17-2001, 11:16 AM
I've been watching Halo for over a year now. It was originally a PC game that was going to revolutionise the first person shotters forever. Now, dont get me wrong, it's still a **** good game, but there is a lot of stuff different from the E3 video from last year. One example, in the PC version there was supose to be animal life (like the first Unreal game). Every thing from birst and rodents to large two legged things with pig heads. Also, the Plasma rifles shot dart things that would stay lodged inthe target or any thing els it hit. Aliens also talked in a differnt laguage (non human). There are a few other things but I can't remember them of the top of my head right now. Now, like I said, I'm not attacking Halo, I love plaing it but, I do wish some of the more ambitous fetures would would have stayed. Maybe in Halo 2, after all, the rest of the stations in the galaxy need destroyed.

Prophet

ShannonX
12-17-2001, 06:13 PM
hmm, you might be thinking of the needler. It shoots out pink, target homing needles that will lodge into flesh and explode. quite impressive looking when you fill your buddy up with that gun in multiplayer..... ahhh =)

XboxChump
12-17-2001, 06:57 PM
Also things are tooken out due to time restraint's....But i havent heard it is comign to pc.Originally it was,but it might not be now.

monkeyman
12-17-2001, 07:06 PM
i like halo how it is:D

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 07:31 PM
Animal life would have been awesome... ahh.... how great it could have been...... Not that I don't think it's the game of the year, as I think it should be... But it could have been the greatest game of all time.

robnyack
12-17-2001, 07:56 PM
Halo might be the greatest game of all time.....seriously.

ok, how about one of the greats of all time?

Mario
12-17-2001, 08:00 PM
I looked into the other Halo ideas before the final release on the XBox console. It had alot of neat stuff that was taken out for technical reasons. For example, the convenent sword, the one that those yellow alien guys with the energy shields carry. You were gonna be able to pick those up and use it, but they had alot of problems with how the master chief used it. Mostly technical problems made them take alot of the "cool" things out.

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 08:00 PM
Ya, it's definetly on my "Greatest of All Time" list.

XAddict
12-17-2001, 08:50 PM
I go to sleep at night with halo under my pillow

Prophet
12-18-2001, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
hmm, you might be thinking of the needler. It shoots out pink, target homing needles that will lodge into flesh and explode. quite impressive looking when you fill your buddy up with that gun in multiplayer..... ahhh =)

Actually no, I wasn't. If you watch the E3 footage of the game you will see the plasma rifle being fired by Elite. It's still a blue/teal color but has a white dart in it. Not pink darts that explode. Plus they wheren't even as big as the needlers projectiles. Check out the PC Gamer web site to find the old vid, or maybe search it out on google.

Prophet

ShannonX
12-18-2001, 07:57 AM
well, all i can say is you cant have every idea and concept in every game ever created. You have to draw the line somewhere. And obviously, they felt that leaving that "gun" out wouldn't be a big loss.

what i was implying before was that they had or were thinking about a needler, and decided that they would use that for the "sheild/flesh" penetrating weapon instead of a dart plasma rifle and make the plasma rifle a normal weapon.