PDA

View Full Version : What is the best motocross games ever???????????

stevnso117
12-17-2001, 12:38 PM
What mx game is your all time favorite.

Ground_Pounder
12-17-2001, 04:51 PM
I SOOOOO hope MS brings the motocross madness series to Xbox, that was one some of my favorite games for my PC, back in the day... lol

an MM3 would be WICKED, and I think because it would be first party, would be the sweetest lookin game since sliced bread.

stevnso117
12-18-2001, 07:52 AM
I agree i would love to see mcm3 on the x box but its not gonna happen unless someone other than rainbow studios develops it rainbow and microsoft split ways. Also rainbow has beed bought by thq. Stephene roncada said rainbow would have a new mx game with a new name for either xbox,gamecube,or ps2 but it will take 2 more years before we see it.

Msterrrr
12-18-2001, 10:00 AM
you left off the game that started it all exitebike for nes!!!

for us old timers
i'll go with atv fury since i used to race them
also MM3 would be awesome for x-box but its not looking good that we will ever see it
i have heard bad things about ricky carmichals so the wait goes on for the killer motocross game for x-box

stevnso117
12-18-2001, 10:20 AM
I did forget excitebike i can`t beleive i did that it was my favorite game in its day boy that was along time ago huh. I also raced quads up until about a year ago. I rode a 98 lonestar outlaw with sparks engine.

Msterrrr
12-18-2001, 10:30 AM
wow really thats some big buxx there,, i raced in the early 90's up here in the northeast district 34,, and a few nationals had a 5th at southwick in the pro-am using that quad in the pic
also had quite a few 250r's but never any custom built ones like you had that sucker must of cranked!!:cool: :cool:

stevnso117
12-19-2001, 10:22 AM
Yeah its sweet but they do cost so bucks and its no peice of cake to put togheter the first time because everythings so tight. You remeber when joe byrd was riding for trinity/lonestar be and joe are friends and he got me a good deal on it. Me joe and heather rose where going to do the pace series that year but i got divorced about that time and had a 2 year old daughter to think about. I still ride so but just for fun now it takes so much time to really do it and stay in shape its hard to do and work full time 2. I heard shane hitts parents pay him to race for a tax write off im not sure if its true are not but wouln`t that be nice.

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 12:24 PM
You know, Excitebike was a cool game at the time, but, I will have to admit, I was pretty d a m n impressed with Excitebike 64 :) That game was pretty fun while the 64 lasted :)

Kamshaft
12-19-2001, 12:31 PM
I really hope that Microsoft, since they own the licences to Motocross Madness and Midtown Madness that they bring them in some form to the Xbox. Or Angels Studio (Midtown Madness 1 & 2 developers) and Rainbow Studios (Motocross Madness 1 & 2 devs.) get a go ahead by a third party publisher to make some kind of Motocross game, or a Midtown-like game.

But those of you that know me, I'm a huge Motocross Madness 2 fan, and when I see the power of the Xbox, my imagination goes thru the roof thinking about the possibilites. (-:

Rancey
12-19-2001, 12:49 PM
The MCM series does seriously rock, but I don't know if I like 2 or 1 better!

stevnso117
12-19-2001, 12:56 PM
Thats a hard one for me to jason mcm1 was great and the first of its kind. I guess mcm2 is my fav though cause there are so many realistic tracks like the diz series.

Lightwave Freak
12-19-2001, 01:08 PM
Motocross 1 and 2 got really boring for me after the first hour or so... I guess im just not into racing games...

stevnso117
12-19-2001, 02:19 PM
Have any of you played mcgrath supercross world for ps2 its been awhile since i`ve seen a game this bad.

Msterrrr
12-19-2001, 05:13 PM
you know i went to a national in texas,,, wolf creek i think was the name of the joint and we parked next to,, joe byrd this was back in 92 or 93,, i went down with a few friends packed tight in a ford van with 4 quads 100 degree temps,, boy those were the days,,lol
Darren from Nacs racing was a close friend of mine,, we raced together up here all the time,, also did a few of the arena races w/ monster trucks in madison square garden that was fun,, we did team NY against team NJ,, it was all set up,, but the crowds loved it,,

I used to play exitebike till my thumb blistered
have played MM2 on my bro's pc also and it was kick ass ,,
plz come to xbox!!! MM2 :D :cool: :p

Hugh_Jass
12-19-2001, 06:50 PM
My favorite one isn't on the list. It's the original MotoRacer.

Msterrrr
12-19-2001, 07:23 PM
the funny thing is ,,,,13 people have voted and not one person voted for the only xbox game so far...:eek:

Tempest87X
12-19-2001, 08:16 PM
Old School!
when i saw this thread. in my mind im thinking (excitebike excitebike!)
but i didnt see a choice for it on the poll.
Seems like alot of people like it.
Excitebike 64 wsa also good.

Kamshaft
12-20-2001, 12:06 PM
Just read my review on it....you'll see. (-:

Hugh_Jass
12-20-2001, 12:14 PM
I haven't played any motocross on the XBOX yet. That's why I didn't vote for it.

Brian
12-20-2001, 06:23 PM
MX2002 was horrible! Tetris had better graphics!!! :sarcasm: .. but ya.. ;)

Rochey69r
12-20-2001, 10:39 PM
best motobike game is elastomania

stevnso117
12-21-2001, 08:45 AM
what is elastromania

stevnso117
12-21-2001, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Msterrrr
you know i went to a national in texas,,, wolf creek i think was the name of the joint and we parked next to,, joe byrd this was back in 92 or 93,, i went down with a few friends packed tight in a ford van with 4 quads 100 degree temps,, boy those were the days,,lol
Darren from Nacs racing was a close friend of mine,, we raced together up here all the time,, also did a few of the arena races w/ monster trucks in madison square garden that was fun,, we did team NY against team NJ,, it was all set up,, but the crowds loved it,,

I used to play exitebike till my thumb blistered
have played MM2 on my bro's pc also and it was kick ass ,,
plz come to xbox!!! MM2 :D :cool: :p

Yeah i know what you mean they were the days. I never met darren i`ve heard he was a really good guy.I use to talk to shawn sermini alot i heard he had a bad wreck in a street bike you know how hes doing. I `ll try to post a pic of my quad soon im using my computer at work and there at my puter at home. I`ve did several quad wars in birmingham i really don`t like them like racing but the crowd loves it the last one we did people were trowing stuff it was crazy. I have also played excitebike till i had blisters.

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 12:35 PM
Dudes, I don't want to sound like an idiot or anything...but, is motocross madness that bad ass motocross game on the PC? I played this KILLER motocross game on the PC and it was absolutely mind blowing...

I remember that the game I played had a level that was absolutely huge...the setting was out in the desert and you could hill climb if you got enough speed...I remember the graphics were absolutely mind blowing...it was about a year ago or so...Does that sound right? It was the first and only time I have seen it...if that game comes to the XBox, I'm all over it!

Again, I don't want to sound like an idiot because I never looked at what game it was. I could ask my brother in law who is the one that had it. But, I thought I would ask you guys first to see. If that is the game, it will be a must buy on XBox! Man, I remember having a frickin' blast!!!

stevnso117
12-21-2001, 01:00 PM
Yeah dude im sure it was motocross madness 2 you played i`ve had it for 2 years and still play it alot.

stevnso117
12-21-2001, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
best motobike game is elastomania

What is elasomania pc game?:confused:

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by stevnso117
Yeah dude im sure it was motocross madness 2 you played i`ve had it for 2 years and still play it alot.

Dude!!!! Thanks, buddy...then my vote goes to Motocross Madness! That game is intense!

stevnso117
12-21-2001, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Dude!!!! Thanks, buddy...then my vote goes to Motocross Madness! That game is intense!

Yeah it is truly a great game i can`t wait for a good mx game on xbox though.

Brian
12-21-2001, 04:41 PM
Dudes, I don't want to sound like an idiot or anything...but, is motocross madness that bad ass motocross game on the PC? I played this KILLER motocross game on the PC and it was absolutely mind blowing...

I remember that the game I played had a level that was absolutely huge...the setting was out in the desert and you could hill climb if you got enough speed...I remember the graphics were absolutely mind blowing...it was about a year ago or so...Does that sound right? It was the first and only time I have seen it...if that game comes to the XBox, I'm all over it!

Again, I don't want to sound like an idiot because I never looked at what game it was. I could ask my brother in law who is the one that had it. But, I thought I would ask you guys first to see. If that is the game, it will be a must buy on XBox! Man, I remember having a frickin' blast!!!

Heh, it was most likely Motocross Madness 1.:cool:

Rochey69r
12-21-2001, 11:18 PM
You know, Excitebike was a cool game at the time, but, I will have to admit, I was pretty d a m n impressed with Excitebike 64 :) That game was pretty fun while the 64 lasted :)

right on maximus!!!

i just rented it a day ago!!

its the only good motorbike game i have ever played apart from elastomania!

Rochey69r
12-21-2001, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by stevnso117
what is elastromania

go to elastomania.com

and get the free demo YOU WILL BE HOOKED!!!

ONLY 1.4MB!!

AND BEST OF ALL ITS FREEE

stevnso117
12-24-2001, 08:23 AM

go to elastomania.com

ONLY 1.4MB!!

Thanks dude i`ll check it out and let you know what i think.

JeremyX
12-24-2001, 05:16 PM

stevnso117
12-26-2001, 03:02 PM

go to elastomania.com

ONLY 1.4MB!!

I tried it your right it is fun and addictive. At first i thought it was gonna suck but i was wrong it reminds me of trials style riding. Anyway its simple but fun especially at work lol.

Big Ben
12-27-2001, 02:32 PM
Where's the love for Excitebike???

-Big Ben

XboXGangsta
12-27-2001, 08:41 PM
Exitebike fo EVA, play that game till I die fo sho

Xcessive Force
12-28-2001, 09:23 AM
Ok I also think that the Motocross Madness series would be good but, all of you that play this game online know that with out the user created tracks Motocross Madness 1 and 2 would not have lasted as long as they have.

Stephen you know that.

Would user created tracks at all be possible with the Xbox??

Like say create a track on the computer save to a disc then upload to Xbox HD or something like that, if that is possible then yes I would be all for it.

If Not,

Microsoft would have to add at least 100 trks if not more for MCM3 to not get boring.

stevnso117
12-28-2001, 01:33 PM
I couldn`t agree more dude if it wasn`t for all the quality user created tracks for mcm2 i`d have been finished with it long ago. I think atv fury is as good a game as mcm but i got burnt on it quick cause lack of tracks. Im not sure how downloading tracks will work on console i have wondered about that myself. I think what will have to happen is someone have to include a editor with the game even if its just a simple one to keep the game alive. Supercross cicuit had a editor and it was for ps1 I can`t beleive atv fury didn`t have one.

Ground_Pounder
12-29-2001, 01:56 AM
Elastomania is a really addictive game, what was it called before, with the cheesier grafix ??? I had that like 5 years ago on my 166 with MMX technology... those were the days... lol. Really addictive though.

I agree on the MCM 2 and user created tracks thing, that's what kept me going. You NEED tons of tracks to make a game like that work. I think they should add a SECOND cd to a game of this type with a working editor, something with substance. And have a server, where you can post and download tracks TO your xbox hard-drive and then play them online. It may sound like a bit of work, but hey, the technology is there, it should be used to it's potential if you ask me !!! This would be THE GREATEST thing that could be done to a game of this type. Xbox can do it... I KNOW it can !!!

CO1
12-31-2001, 07:46 AM
MCM 1 & 2 are the best and I agree that it is largely due to the user created tracks. I have to put in a plug for MX 2002 Featuring Ricky Carmichael. At first I wasn't very impressed with this game but after completing career mode a couple of times it has grown on me. It's not the best and there are lots of things that can be improved but it's not the worst either. After a while I started over looking it's flaws and now I just enjoy it for what it is.

karoty
08-30-2009, 08:34 PM
It may sound like a bit of work, but hey, the technology is there
demande taux pret personnel en ligne credit simulation (http://pretpersonnelenligne.org) Faire un pret immobilier en ligne avec un bon creditdemande taux pret personnel en ligne credit simulation (http://pretpersonnelenligne.org)

Professor Kaos
09-02-2009, 01:54 AM
def loved mcgrath 2000 on my n64

stevnso117
09-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I sure wished someone would step up to the plate and make a good mx game. Its been along time since Rainbow had any competition. I'll never understand why Rainbow did not make downloadable tracks for MX VS ATV. I was really hoping 2XL would of made a new MX Game. They have the talent to do it. Heck the SX game they made on the I Phone is pretty sweet. Then Deibus that made Motocross Mania also had the talent but they just kinda fell of the map. I would love to see a squel to either SX Circuit or Mx Rider. I don't know if we'll ever get another MX Game with the lasting power and fun factor of MCM 2. The user created tracks on online play made it awesome. Since then online play has became a joke. It will be interesting to see how the new rainbow mx game that uses both sticks will be. Just my two cents.

racingfreak92
09-20-2009, 10:47 PM
my fav ever is MX Superfly for Xbox, man the racing wasent the best but the free roam mode was some of the most fun i ever had playing with a friend. split screen ftw

bdavid81
09-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Never been good at motocross games myself. I still play the original ExciteBike.

WickedPT
09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I agree...Excitebike!! Memories...

stevnso117
09-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I still enjoy excitebike to this day myself. Its amazing how much fun a simple game can be. Wasn't their a 3d version or some other verison on Excitebike 64? I never played it but think I remeber hearing or seeing something about it. Have any of you ever played it? If so what was it like?

I downloaded that Elstomania along time ago when this thread was started and its a very fun addictive game as well.