PDA

View Full Version : "If Microsoft has a surefire hit in its holiday lineup, it's Crimson Skies"

AlBoogy
08-19-2003, 07:20 PM
That is a quote taken from an ign article written yesterday. After reading the preview, I think I have another game to look forward to for this holiday season. Im glad something is coming thats not a FPS. Heres the article. Enjoy! (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/434/434241p1.html)

Please do not blame me for hype!

bluefire712
08-19-2003, 07:40 PM
When I first heard about this game (a very long time ago) I was very interested. Then I got very deterred by the Discovery Channel's special on "Inside the Microsoft Xbox," that showed all the misfortunes the staff working on the game were having. They showed a preview of it when J. Allard was playing and he said it wasn't fun enough and needed to think from a "different standpoint." People got fired from the development team. I thought it was more-a-less canned at that point and, if released, would be a major flop. But after reading this article, I have renewed interest in the game. I don't think it'll be Halo or Halo 2, but I also agree with you it's good to get away from the FPS especially on Live.

Koopa
08-19-2003, 08:19 PM
i knew from the beginning this'd be a hit. i loved crimson skies on pc, and i've been hoping hrtr would live up to the pc version's greatness.

AlBoogy
08-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by bluefire712
When I first heard about this game (a very long time ago) I was very interested. Then I got very deterred by the Discovery Channel's special on "Inside the Microsoft Xbox," that showed all the misfortunes the staff working on the game were having. They showed a preview of it when J. Allard was playing and he said it wasn't fun enough and needed to think from a "different standpoint." People got fired from the development team. I thought it was more-a-less canned at that point and, if released, would be a major flop. But after reading this article, I have renewed interest in the game. I don't think it'll be Halo or Halo 2, but I also agree with you it's good to get away from the FPS especially on Live.

If you kept watching, you would have seen that the new team working on it took it where many of the people wanted to take it to. After seeing it again, J. Allard was very happy with the game and felt it was going to be a great game again.

MerimacHamwich
08-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
i knew from the beginning this'd be a hit. i loved crimson skies on pc, and i've been hoping hrtr would live up to the pc version's greatness.
It's a hit? That's incredible! Especially seeing as it hasn't been released yet! Woohoo.

Do the fingerdance!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pa71ec01a18173a3fc19bbf1d4590a2f9/fb5c168a.jpg

Koopa
08-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

It's a hit? That's incredible! Especially seeing as it hasn't been released yet! Woohoo.

Do the fingerdance!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pa71ec01a18173a3fc19bbf1d4590a2f9/fb5c168a.jpg

let me clarify myself, for those who'd rather mock me than try to figure out the content of my post.

*ahem*

i had a feeling since this game was announced that it would be fun.

Nosferatu187
08-19-2003, 09:06 PM
yes I also liked the PC version of this... It was great:p

Cryogenic Pyro
08-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Im glad something is coming thats not a FPS.
Actually, Armed and Dangerous is an FPS and a TPS! But on to games that REALLY aren't FPSes coming out. If you like simulation racing like me, Sega GT Online will be great.

AlBoogy
08-20-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

let me clarify myself, for those who'd rather mock me than try to figure out the content of my post.

*ahem*

i had a feeling since this game was announced that it would be fun.

I would give it up. He could rearrange those words too.

Papke
08-20-2003, 02:22 AM
Yes, he's unstoppable.

But anyway, I had tons of fun with it on pc. On xbox live it will be great!

Chaotic
08-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by bluefire712

Being that i played this game at E3 it kicks ass and is far from disapointing.

RudedogX
08-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Bluefire, don't trust everything you see on Television. I don't think they really gave a true feeling of what people thought of this game at E3. It was almost impossible to even get to the booth because of how good/popular this game got. Trust me, you will not be disappointed when the game comes out.

Leviathon
08-20-2003, 08:18 AM
Is this game an "Xbox Only" title...?

Chaotic
08-20-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Leviathon
Is this game an "Xbox Only" title...?

I believe so :cheers:

RudedogX
08-20-2003, 08:25 AM
Yes, it's made by MS, and not some 3rd party developer.

borka105
08-20-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Bluefire, don't trust everything you see on Television. I don't think they really gave a true feeling of what people thought of this game at E3. It was almost impossible to even get to the booth because of how good/popular this game got. Trust me, you will not be disappointed when the game comes out.

I can't believe you of all people like this game........ Doesn't it boast some heavy similarities with Mechassault.........

especially the shoot everything in site.......? I mean, I have no clue why you guys didn't like Mechassault seeing as how I believe it's the 5th best games on xbox according to gamerankings. This one seems very similar to it.........

*I'm personally really excited about it..... Can't wait for October!

-borka105

RudedogX
08-20-2003, 09:08 AM
I think the big difference with this game is the fact that it is faster paced, you fly all around these big boards, and because of that flying you don't have to just look straight, you have to look down and up and then there are quite a few other differences. In the end, yes, it's better than mechassault.

Casper
08-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by borka105

I can't believe you of all people like this game........ Doesn't it boast some heavy similarities with Mechassault.........

especially the shoot everything in site.......? I mean, I have no clue why you guys didn't like Mechassault seeing as how I believe it's the 5th best games on xbox according to gamerankings. This one seems very similar to it.........

I can't believe you of all people would bring up MA with a plane fighter game, especially since you still won't get off that games nutz :rolleyes:

Anyways, this game was uber at e3 and I can't wait til it hits the stores....much needed non-FPS fighter on Live should do the trick for the holiday season...viva la XBL :D

Jafo232
08-20-2003, 11:46 AM
One of my all-time favorite online games was Air-Warrior where you could play against up to 300 people at the same time.

I hope CS is even half as fun. In AW, the hardest part was learning all of the moves in the air that would help you defeat an opponent with lesser skills. If CS uses this angle, I fear this will be a very addicting game.

The part in the article that said something like if you have the best plane but the worst skills, it doesnt mean you will win, gives me hope that it will require real flying skills to be any good at the game. I hope I am not too rusty when this comes out. :)

One a side note, EA bought Air Warrior, ran it for like 6 months or so, then ended the game, now you cannot play it online anywhere. Before they bought it there were a few places you could play it online, even on AOL.

runninutes
08-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Yes, it's made by MS, and not some 3rd party developer.

Woohoo! Exclusives rule!

LINKINPARK8591
08-21-2003, 02:51 PM
i like mechassault although i have it for pc already so i didn't feel like buying it for the xbox although i do think that's its good, i love the pc version, and the xbox one is good two......crimpson skies looks like it will be something to buy espeically since i've been waiting for a game like this to come out for the xbox...........:yikes: :rofl: :cheers:

LynxFX
08-21-2003, 04:37 PM
All I have to say about Crimson Skies:

Best playable game at E3!

Peepers
08-21-2003, 05:44 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with those hyping Crimson Skies. I played its predecessor on the PC and it was great fun. I hope that MS debuts a first-party official joystick; the game will be fun on a pad, but a joystick is best.

AlBoogy
08-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
All I have to say about Crimson Skies:

Best playable game at E3!

Maybe you could write up a preview of it? Maybe?