PDA

View Full Version : New ninja info!

Koopa
08-20-2003, 12:15 AM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/434/434470p1.html

Ninja Gaiden is snug at the top of my list with the likes of Prince of Persia and Crimson Skies.

looks like xbox has a great holiday lineup!

theres some really great stuff they mentioned...i think they're most impressed with the camera and lockon system, which all seem to be very intuitive, from what they said. they also squashed my fears of this being a simple hack and slash...to summarize, they said its about killing stylishly, like a ninja, rather than just killing. the best part is that ign seems to think tecmo did a good job making it easy for players to assume the role of TeH ub3r 1337 Ninj4!

the crimson skies comment at the end was nice, too...helps to show how well they think that game will do:D

Dyslexic Chaos
08-20-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/434/434470p1.html

looks like xbox has a great holiday lineup!

theres some really great stuff they mentioned...i think they're most impressed with the camera and lockon system, which all seem to be very intuitive, from what they said. they also squashed my fears of this being a simple hack and slash...to summarize, they said its about killing stylishly, like a ninja, rather than just killing. the best part is that ign seems to think tecmo did a good job making it easy for players to assume the role of TeH ub3r 1337 Ninj4!

the crimson skies comment at the end was nice, too...helps to show how well they think that game will do:D

*Enter Merimac* "Geez, why won't you stop talking about Half Life 2!!1 We all know that's what you're really talking about here. Quit being such a fanboy Koopa, you Oompa Loompa Koopa. haha, i make myself laugh!!! Take that, Mr. Facts!!!"
*This message has been brought to you by the letters S-M-A-R-T-A-S-S-. lol, j/k mac, you're alright.

Seriously though, this is good news to hear. Xbox and NG are finnally getting the recognition they deserve, now if only they could get Gamespot to recognize how great this game may be... *macs voice* "How do you know that it will be the greatest game of all time, huh, Mr. Fanboy of Facts!!!!" */mac*

Whatever...

Koopa
08-20-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Jerred B

*Enter Merimac* "Geez, why won't you stop talking about Half Life 2!!1 We all know that's what you're really talking about here. Quit being such a fanboy Koopa, you Oompa Loompa Koopa. haha, i make myself laugh!!! Take that, Mr. Facts!!!"
*This message has been brought to you by the letters S-M-A-R-T-A-S-S-. lol, j/k mac, you're alright.

Seriously though, this is good news to hear. Xbox and NG are finnally getting the recognition they deserve, now if only they could get Gamespot to recognize how great this game may be... *macs voice* "How do you know that it will be the greatest game of all time, huh, Mr. Fanboy of Facts!!!!" */mac*

Whatever...
meh, point taken, but i think we can lay off the flaming now.

but yeah, ninja wasn't really on my most wanted list till the preview. the wall-run thing reminds me of how its handled in jedi outcast. just run against a wall and press jump.

...now that i think of it, i hope i dont accidentally run on walls when im trying to avoid an enemy or something..i hope its all as intuitive as they say it is:D

JR Alberda
08-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Man it sounds like those guys are on the right track, Im sick of games that are intended for you to win fairly easily. Example, I will never play Halo2 below heroic level, hopefully only Legendary. Games should be tough and games should be intuitive. Rock on!