PDA

View Full Version : Finally, got my OXM...but....

l Maximus l
08-20-2003, 02:03 AM
First of all, pretty cool stuff....magazine was good, I think...

But, my demo disk...everything works fine, except for what I really wanted to see! lol...Soul Caliber 2 had absolutely no video to it. In other words, I couldn't see any picture, just audio. So, with my frusteration, I started a game and kicked the living crap out of my opponent...atleast, that's what it sounded like! And, then, I moved on to the next round and kicked the crap out of the second guy... I was simply performing a DOA3 button mashing technique :D As if I had an option.... :confused:

crimson tide
08-20-2003, 02:30 AM
how was otogi i have been thinking about getting if it scores a 7.5 or more at gamespot it seems that all the japanses games on x box i bought i like. i dont want to make the same mistake with otogi that i made with crimson sea i dint buy it and now i cant find it anywere. if otogi is anything like gunvalkarie i will love it.

Koopa
08-20-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by crimson tide
how was otogi i have been thinking about getting if it scores a 7.5 or more at gamespot it seems that all the japanses games on x box i bought i like. i dont want to make the same mistake with otogi that i made with crimson sea i dint buy it and now i cant find it anywere. if otogi is anything like gunvalkarie i will love it.

i personally didn't like it, but everyone else on the boards seems to love it....

go rent it and find out for yourself, i guess:D

crimson tide
08-20-2003, 02:51 AM
was the gameplay like gunvalkarie or devil may cry ?

Papke
08-20-2003, 02:51 AM
Otogi is great, I played through the demo a couple times. Smashing the hell out of demons doesn't get old.:D

As for your SC2 demo.......I don't understand why everyone keeps having demo disc problems. I guess I have just been lucky.

Without wallowing in my own crapulence, the SC2 demo is fantastic. Poor Maxy.:(

Shadow20002
08-20-2003, 03:23 AM
Hey about Otogi, this game is burn like more than 1000 degrees !!! So great so far i played the demo. Yea, there are only one level but keep me visiting it like at least one time a day just to throwing the devils back to hell. Environments are totally destructible, even grounds and mountains. You can make big hole by sending your ennemy to the ground. ;)

mitch2025
08-20-2003, 12:36 PM
hey Maximus, go to pg 96 and their will be an adress to write to for costomer service about the mag or the disc. u can get a FREE replacement disc

Casper
08-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Maxy - just boil the dam disc, you'll be fine ;)

Dyslexic Chaos
08-20-2003, 01:32 PM
was the gameplay like gunvalkarie or devil may cry ?

I'd compare it to Sega's other game, Shinobi. Pretty fast paced and lots of options on the demo for magic and weapons. I havent had a problem with thje SC2 demo either, although i was scared i would because i had heard of previous problems with it. Why can't OXM do Demo Disks right, like Official Playstation Magazine does. They always have awesome Demos, Mem card saves, Video strategies and awesome features like interviews and such.

DocHoliday78
08-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Dude just do the boiling trick: Boil water untill its really bubbling and not simmering place the disc in for about 30 seconds dry off with a soft cloth and boom it will be as good as new. Worked for me like a charm.

JR Alberda
08-20-2003, 01:45 PM
I personally think that Otogi was boring. Seriously It was not fun at all, probably just isnt my type of game.

l Maximus l
08-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Damn...you guys were actually serious about boiling the disk...hmmmm....why not? I'll give it a shot :D (damn, I had some rhymes going....shizzle my nizzle...fo sheezy)

But, anyway...about Shinobi, I about fell asleep playing the game. While the effects are sweet, this game is nothing more than a flashy Azurik, but, a little more linear. And, I found the camera to be extremely annoying. For instance, your character is able to jump and even "double jump" and he does it damn high. However, for some odd reason, gravity isn't much of a reality since your character floats down slower than a feather drifting in the wind...but, that's another story. Back on track, while jumping and trying to attack an enemy in the air is horrible...since your character falls down slowly, you may not get enough hits in to kill the enemy and you may find yourself taking a lot of time trying to locate the enemy that is likely right above your head...but, could be to the side, or something.

Since Soul Caliber 2 wasn't working for me on the demo disc, the only game I was most impressed about was ESPN Football...(a.k.a. "NFL 2k4) and the first person technology. Or "FPF" as OXM wants to be credited for :D

DocHoliday78
08-21-2003, 12:23 AM
So how were the results with the disc? Oh and way to remeber to credit OXM for FPF.:D

l Maximus l
08-21-2003, 12:53 AM
I haven't tried boiling the disc yet...I worked a 16 hour day today and....quite frankly, I'm beat. I have to do it all over again tomorrow and Friday :eek:

DocHoliday78
08-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Wow, your not getting any sleep are you?

Delphar7
08-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Does anyone else get Java errors on these "new" OXM discs? I find since they switched Disc mastering I get them... (Issue 20 I think)

*shrug*

delphar

l Maximus l
08-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Delphar7
Does anyone else get Java errors on these "new" OXM discs? I find since they switched Disc mastering I get them... (Issue 20 I think)

I'm not sure, man....I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Originally posted by Delphar7
*shrug*

Hey, instead of saying it, just use this mama jama: :confused:

:D

Delphar7
08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I'm not sure, man....I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Hey, instead of saying it, just use this mama jama: :confused:

:D

Well well well.. Mr. Smarty pants. . . ;P

:confused:

crimson tide
08-22-2003, 12:14 AM
hey maximus-xba you said otogi was like a flashy azuirk was azuirk a good game i have never heard of it before

webdaemon
08-22-2003, 12:39 AM
You can also go to the website and order a replacement disc. I did that a couple months ago and they sent me a second magazine as well.

Unreal
08-22-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
First of all, pretty cool stuff....magazine was good, I think...

But, my demo disk...everything works fine, except for what I really wanted to see! lol...Soul Caliber 2 had absolutely no video to it. In other words, I couldn't see any picture, just audio. So, with my frusteration, I started a game and kicked the living crap out of my opponent...atleast, that's what it sounded like! And, then, I moved on to the next round and kicked the crap out of the second guy... I was simply performing a DOA3 button mashing technique :D As if I had an option.... :confused:
My Soul Calibur demo doesnt work either. I have just sound. :(

DocHoliday78
08-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by webdaemon
You can also go to the website and order a replacement disc. I did that a couple months ago and they sent me a second magazine as well.

Yeah but that takes a really long time. Besides the boil method works perfect.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

Yeah but that takes a really long time. Besides the boil method works perfect.

holy crap, quit with the boil method ish!!! Man, it's nice to know it works, but don't you think you're going a little overboard mentioning it in every thread?

DocHoliday78
08-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Yeah i just cant get over the fact that boiling a damn disc actually works.

l Maximus l
08-23-2003, 03:22 AM
hey maximus-xba you said otogi was like a flashy azuirk was azuirk a good game i have never heard of it before

Azurik: Rise of Perathia is the full name of the game. You'll either love it or hate it. Personally, I enjoyed the game...it seemed a lot like Zelda without a horse :D

Unreal
08-23-2003, 11:45 AM
I would have said Otogi was like Gunvalkryie and Shinobi put together, like some of the import reviews have stated. But that is just my opinion.