PDA

View Full Version : Tao Feng VS Mortal Kombat

Shadow20002
08-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Tao Feng's graphics are extremely impressive. Tao Feng's release being after Mortal Kombat most likely helped the team learn what the Xbox was truly capable of. Tao Feng's graphics are very similar to Mortal Kombat, but Tao Feng's damage textures put it over the top. Throughout a round you and your opponent portray bruises, cuts, torn clothes and even bloody eyes. This feature really shows that the team did some work on the graphics and is a much needed improvement in fighting games that allow the players to see how much ass kicking they are receiving or inducing.

Graphics Winner: Tao Feng

Source@ (http://www.ownt.com/xbox/reviews/2003/tao_feng_vs_mortal_kombat/tao_feng_vs_mortal_kombat.shtm)

jelgiad
08-20-2003, 03:30 PM
if im not mistaken, i've seen this thread before

wweomaniac
08-20-2003, 04:05 PM
both games are so old. many months old... why post about it now?

but imo, MK: DA is better. The graphics in Tao Feng may be better than MK's, but Tao Feng gets incredibly impossible incredibly quick. And the combo system isnt as good as it was hyped up to be.

studepaber
08-20-2003, 06:45 PM
IMO Tao Feng > MKDA. I really tried to like MKDA but it's sub-par on so many levels. DOA3 beats both of these but next week Soul Calibur 2 should become king of 3d fighters.

spectre187
08-20-2003, 09:05 PM
mkda gameplay is great, thats what matters

l Maximus l
08-21-2003, 01:24 AM
MKDA is simply MK. What else can I say? The game rocks...I love it and play it pretty damn often...mainly when buddies come over. We all are very skilled at this game...it takes some time, but, once you get the controls down and memorized, it's all about kicking ass!

Tao Fang just didn't interest me as much.

ArchitectOfMind
08-21-2003, 01:36 AM
I agree, MK was and is Original and will always be legendary in my eyes.

Sure Tao Feng has got tip top graphics, and yeh I like all the cuts, slits, swelling and bruising its a flat out wicked feature, but to be honest its just a novelty, I think its safe to say on behalf of everyone else, once its all been seen and done Tao Fengs out the window and its back to MK.

That may seem a little harsh but hey were talking New-Born Vs Legend. The outcome is Crystal Clear.

spectre187
08-21-2003, 07:20 AM
tao feng did intrest me for a grip, but all the flashy graphics won't make up for gameplay, and mk has the greater time spent working with gameplay...old games, old gamers, and old companies... thats what its about...