PDA

View Full Version : New Images of New Xbox Dashboard

Shadow20002
08-20-2003, 03:30 PM
The new website, known as Xbox Live Web, is set to launch on August 25th and is part of the process which is seeing a totally upgraded Xbox Live service which will also give gamers an all new Xbox Live dashboard with improved features.

Xbox Live Web will give gamers web based access to their friends lists, view your game stats, manage your Xbox Live account, as well as getting the latest news and information about new Xbox Live titles, tournaments and events.

Source@ (http://www.gamespaper.com/news/NewXbox.comsiteanddashbo.shtml)

Stormlord
08-20-2003, 05:50 PM
Cool, too bad it's my first day back at school on August 25th. BUt hopefullly I can wake up and enjoy a little Xbox LIVE before I have to go. :D :cheers:

DZNUTZ
08-20-2003, 05:56 PM
wow...the new sub comes with a full version of mechassualt , i think its a crappy game....but others would disagree. plus its basically free. pretty cool.

FuNkY mOnK
08-20-2003, 06:20 PM
I think those were real tag names. anyway i love my xbox even more now.

JR Alberda
08-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Too bad no more info on creating/managing leagues. I wonder how customizable it will be. ex. TopSpin league, can you lock people onto certain characters, have custom only leagues or pro only leagues or mixed pro/custom leagues. for Fever can you have a custom team league with a draft or something, now that would be cool. Picking players 1 at a time and trading etc.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Did anyone notice on the second pic that the last friend invites him to play Brute Force?!?!?! Could this be a sign of downloadable online play!?!?! I hope so, because that would make this game a MUST BUY!!!!!

rough_rida
08-20-2003, 10:25 PM
wOOT!:cheers:

bluefire712
08-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B
Did anyone notice on the second pic that the last friend invites him to play Brute Force?!?!?! Could this be a sign of downloadable online play!?!?! I hope so, because that would make this game a MUST BUY!!!!!

Yeah, I'd probably have to buy it if that were the case. But I somehow doubt it, why wouldn't Digital Anvil just wait an extra month to get inplemented? Plus I think that screenshot may have been hacked with or Photoshopped. If you look at the other Friend Invites there's one labelled "Halo2" and another "Gotham 2" which is extremely odd because... Microsoft wouldn't let a typo like there not being a space in between "Halo" and "2" happen. And most Live games with long name like RtCW have it spelled out (instead of it just saying "Wolfenstein") so in theory it should say "Project Gotham Racing 2." I am not sure how "official" those screenshots are and how old they might be. Maybe they were made on the last second and the webmaster didn't do it right? Who knows, but Brute Force would be cool. I am excited either way.

juvie2k01
08-20-2003, 11:08 PM
if u want to play brute force online, or any other system link games go to xbconnect.com

Dyslexic Chaos
08-20-2003, 11:28 PM
I know, but I'd prefer it lag-free, easy to contact people and have voice chat.

Liquid Gears
08-21-2003, 03:51 AM
Very cool.

Oh yeah, 3500th post. Score.

Hugopolo
08-21-2003, 09:55 AM
That dashboard is so much better than the current one :D

webdaemon
08-21-2003, 10:25 AM
Yeah, it'll be cool to have a voice chat lounge to find your friends to set up a game.

Casper
08-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Good deal, just hopefully it's not buggy til they have to install a patch so we don't have to deal with any stupid issues....bring on the pain! :cheers:

l Maximus l
08-21-2003, 01:45 PM
I'm diggin' the new dashboard. I really like the current one, but, after looking at it for nearly two years, it's nice to see a change. I just think the entire premise of having the dashboard upgraded is simply bad ass! What other console in history has done such a thing...even remotely close? Sweetness :D

Also, I'm also dumbfounded about the Brute Force invite on the sample screen. That would be sweet if they implemented XBL play!

RudedogX
08-21-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Also, I'm also dumbfounded about the Brute Force invite on the sample screen. That would be sweet if they implemented XBL play!

Considering I'm getting the game from DZ in about a week, it would be very sweet!:cheers:

Prior
08-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Well thats going to be great for me because i start school sept 2nd so on the 25th i'm going to play some nice Ghost Recon island Thunder.:p

Nosferatu187
08-21-2003, 03:25 PM
looks fresh!

Ill still have 5-6 days to mess around with it before I go back to school September 2nd :mad: but other then that I cant wait.. Gotta love Xbox

ShannonX
08-21-2003, 05:15 PM
definately a sweet looking setup. It might even make me want to get more active with Live again. If i have the time.

SPARTAN VI
08-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Hmmm, maybe they implemented a new feature where you can play games via system link on XBL? :yikes:

Sounds like a long shot, but could be possible... right?

Hugopolo
08-21-2003, 08:15 PM
I would say yes if it was a system by like sony or sega but not Microsoft

webdaemon
08-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Maybe Microsoft is incorporating something from XBConnect to Live. Then we would be able to play link games on Live. I would imagine it would require a program running on your computer like XBConnect though...