PDA

View Full Version : 15 million Xboxes in 2004 ?

Shadow20002
08-20-2003, 03:33 PM
Microsoft to sell 15 million Xboxes as GameCube suspended?

The Inquirer reports that sources at Taiwanese manufacturers claim that Microsoft will ship upwards of 14.5 million Xbox consoles in 2004.

A report in the Economic News made the claim, based on conversations with local manufacturers such as Wistron.

And the same report said that Nintendo had "suspended" manufacture of its GameCube machines, further spurring sales of the Xbox, the manufacturers hope.

Sony sales of PlayStation 2s have already hit 55 million units this year, the newspaper claimed, with Hon Hai and Asus the lead manufacturers of the console on the island.

wweomaniac
08-20-2003, 04:01 PM
they havent even sold 15 million since 2001, what makes them think that theyre going to sell 15 millioni in 2004 alone?

Stormlord
08-20-2003, 05:48 PM
I think he means they'll reach 15 million. So far Xbox has 9-10 million solod world wide. Atleast they'll make something in 2004.

No Fear 23
08-20-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
I think he means they'll reach 15 million. So far Xbox has 9-10 million solod world wide. Atleast they'll make something in 2004.

yes, bc of halo 2, doom 3, hlaf-life 2 and many more freat games. those kind of games will boost xbox sales up.

BCan
08-21-2003, 04:39 AM
Well, so far the XBOX has arrived at each of the milestone marks ahead of what the PS2 did....

So, who's not to say that they can sell a truckload of them next year.

webdaemon
08-21-2003, 10:41 AM
I'm just wondering what will happen with Xbox Live when there are 55 million Xbox's in use... :yikes:

LINKINPARK8591
08-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

yes, bc of halo 2, doom 3, hlaf-life 2 and many more freat games. those kind of games will boost xbox sales up. :cheers:

wweomaniac
08-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by BCan
Well, so far the XBOX has arrived at each of the milestone marks ahead of what the PS2 did....

So, who's not to say that they can sell a truckload of them next year. no they haven't. after two years, PS2 sold 27 million worldwide.

DocHoliday78
08-22-2003, 12:59 PM
PS2 had no competition though. The Dreamcast was the ugly step child of those years even though it was a good system. I hope the xbox2 sells that much, Live would be badass.

webdaemon
08-22-2003, 08:03 PM
There's an Xbox 2?!?!?!?!?!?

-------------------

I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.

BCan
08-23-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
no they haven't. after two years, PS2 sold 27 million worldwide.

Considering Sony never publish units sold, interesting to see where you have got this info from....

They only publish units shipped, and until the XBOX came along there were no real figures on what the PS2 had actually sold. How many of those shipped sat in warehouses for months and months, technically no longer with Sony????

Unreal
08-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
they havent even sold 15 million since 2001, what makes them think that theyre going to sell 15 millioni in 2004 alone?

The Inquirer reports that sources at Taiwanese manufacturers claim that Microsoft will ship upwards of 14.5 million Xbox consoles in 2004.
That looks like shipped to me. Which means sales to retail. They in turn sell them to us. If the Xbox does not sell then they sit on shelves. Which in turn cause MS to slow down production. i.e Nintendo with the Cube. If MS ships this number of Xbox's retailers do so based on the demand of the system. As noted by the article one possible demand for the system is the hault of production of the Cube.

And the same report said that Nintendo had "suspended" manufacture of its GameCube machines, further spurring sales of the Xbox, the manufacturers hope.

wweomaniac
08-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by BCan

Considering Sony never publish units sold, interesting to see where you have got this info from....

They only publish units shipped, and until the XBOX came along there were no real figures on what the PS2 had actually sold. How many of those shipped sat in warehouses for months and months, technically no longer with Sony???? of course their numbers were published. They were first published and put in the press, and weeks later (before xbox came otu), they came out with that advertising campaign that said "27 million people can't be wrong" or something like that.