PDA

View Full Version : Hitman3:Contracts

ArchitectOfMind
08-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Lets rattle our brains and see what we came spill out here.

I cant wait for Hitman 3 to hit the shelves I almost soiled myself when I heard the news of its estimated release and ofcourse the same goes for the possibility of a Hitman inspired film.

Down to business, what new features would you like to see appear in the next edition of Hitman and/or what old features would you like to see chewed up and spat out?

Cheers-

MerimacHamwich
08-20-2003, 08:29 PM
First off, seeing as Hitman 2 already had pretty much all the gameplay elements I could have asked for, I would say Hitman 3 needs good graphics. Hitman 2 looked ok, but that was it, if Hitman 3 looks like Halo 2 or Doom 3 then it would be a massive hit, we are talking Halo status here.

Maybe add in the ability to drive vehicles. This could add a whole lot of new elements to gameplay, it could be done stealthily or rampaging psychotically. Say you open the door of a parked vehicle, snatch the driver and put him out cold. Steal his clothes and vehicle, then poeple would be almost none the wiser. Then again, you could just run out in the middle of a street, and snatch a car GTA style.

Which kind of brings me to my next point. It would be neat to do some missions in a huge city environment. This, just as the vehcicles, could add a huge stealth or a huge psychotic element. Say you have to assasinate someone walking alot the bussling streets of a huge city. Crowds of poeple (New York style) are walking down the side walk. You spot your victim, you slowly catch up to him, weaving your way through the crowds un-noticed. Once you get behind him you stab him in the back and slowly walk him away from the crowds and into a deserted alley way, where you leave him in a dumpster. Or, you could run down the street knocking poeple over and blasting bullets everywhere.

Those are the things that came to my mind at first.

Shadow20002
08-20-2003, 10:45 PM
If Hitman 3 have some polishments on the side of graphics, it be sure that this one will be on top list. :p

Ford Mustang
08-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
First off, seeing as Hitman 2 already had pretty much all the gameplay elements I could have asked for, I would say Hitman 3 needs good graphics. Hitman 2 looked ok, but that was it, if Hitman 3 looks like Halo 2 or Doom 3 then it would be a massive hit, we are talking Halo status here.

Maybe add in the ability to drive vehicles. This could add a whole lot of new elements to gameplay, it could be done stealthily or rampaging psychotically. Say you open the door of a parked vehicle, snatch the driver and put him out cold. Steal his clothes and vehicle, then poeple would be almost none the wiser. Then again, you could just run out in the middle of a street, and snatch a car GTA style.

Which kind of brings me to my next point. It would be neat to do some missions in a huge city environment. This, just as the vehcicles, could add a huge stealth or a huge psychotic element. Say you have to assasinate someone walking alot the bussling streets of a huge city. Crowds of poeple (New York style) are walking down the side walk. You spot your victim, you slowly catch up to him, weaving your way through the crowds un-noticed. Once you get behind him you stab him in the back and slowly walk him away from the crowds and into a deserted alley way, where you leave him in a dumpster. Or, you could run down the street knocking poeple over and blasting bullets everywhere.

That sounds awesome...This game would be so great with elements like that. :D

dances with broom sticks
08-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

I think MH had amazing ideas. I loved hitman2, but it just felt like something was missing. maybe a freeride type of thing (no idea how it would work?) or somehow have multiplayer (again, no idea, maybe 2 assasins?)

ArchitectOfMind
08-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Woh those are some sweet ideas they are the Cats Knackers!

I really like the vehicle idea, in some shape or form its bound to bring an intense element to the game, and plus the boot compartment of a vehicle of your choice hehe would be a perfect place to hide away those irritating dead bodies, and maybe even lock away a K.O'd innocent to prevent them from spilling the beans to the authorities.

I'd love to see some kind of beserk mission where you have to take out someone of great importance and then take a vehicle for an intense ride across town, through cluttered streets and cobbled alley-ways whilst being fiercely persued by Spetnaz agents in out-of-control motors whilst unloading a fair few magazines in your direction.

I agree that the graphics should be bumped up to a higher standard, we could do with some state-of-the-art, top notch cut scenes. I really do hope so seeing as the budget is apparently £43.3 Million I believe, heh we could be in for a massive surprise!?

One last point here, one thing about Hitman-2 which irritated me slightly and i'd like to see the back of, is that I have often gone beserk with the Ballers or other high-caliber weapon on an enemy and they have ridiculously been blown away by the force of the gun. Almost like they are taking part in an Olympic long jump contest to what seems an unrealistic distance. For example, on mission-3 I creeped to the top of the cathederal and I unloaded a clip into the guard standing infront of the narrow window. Instantly to my disbelief he ricocheted off the window surround and flew like a leaf for what seemed miles, I went in search of the of the body and it were in the middle of the park!!

-Cheers

MerimacHamwich
08-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Haha, I think they should keep that in. While incredibly un-realistic it was pretty freaking halarious. I remeber in the first mission I blasted a guy with the ballers. I went in the front door, whipped out the ballers, ignored the maid, blasted the guy infront of the second doors, opened them intime to see another whino coming through the last set of doors that lead to the pool. I started blasting him, he flew in the air and I kept shooting. He eventually landed in the pool, it was awesome.
:D

Darn, I gotta play some Hitman 2 again.

Last time I had it installed on my computer I was on the Japanese missions, specifically the one where you have to go to the top of that building and kill that head guy. I tried it once then just sorta never played again, I don't know why. I lost that save file though, so I have to start from mission one again, which sucks. Oh well.

:cheers:

ArchitectOfMind
08-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Woh mate, you need to play the game past those missions you've missed out on some sweet ass missions! And just between you and me, I almost dumped in my knickers when I got hold of the M60 and the M195 - It was Mass Murder at 1000 rounds per minute.

Hahah I know what you mean about the insane flying stunts performed by the enemy, I did laugh untill my rib cage went into truma from time to time. Maybe they could have an option to switch from Woah! To Realistic depending on the mood.

MerimacHamwich
08-21-2003, 01:00 AM
That is an awesome idea. :) A physics level setting, realistic or insane.

I think I am going to un-install Never Winter Nights and re-install Hitman 2 tomorrow.
:cheers:

-edit-
Oh, and by the way. Welcome to the website! I can see you will be a welcome and valued member here.
:D

ArchitectOfMind
08-21-2003, 01:07 AM
Thank-you very much indeed good sir. Heheh.

Good to see i've got some over seas support. =)

ArchitectOfMind
08-21-2003, 02:38 AM
OK what about this for an idea.

An Optional Storyline.

Where your actions in one mission may affect the plot line for another. For example, say your scoping up on a target and you rip a shot through the frosted glass window to find you've missed the target, or merely injured it, the target makes a move for a back-exit, before you can adjust your sights to finish the job you hear a roaring vehicle flee the scene. Consider at this point you dont nessecerely fail the mission but simply delay the objective, as the game advances onwards, unexpectedly you meet the target again and you have your second chance, although this time the target is accompanied by a cluster of hardened war criminal's.

Think of all the different case scenarios that could be applyed, I think this kind of stuff would broaden the game massively, various scenarios, various cut scenes, heh why not alternative endings?

What do you reckon?

spectre187
08-21-2003, 07:54 AM
better ai