PDA

View Full Version : Full Spectrum Warrior

l Maximus l
08-21-2003, 01:01 AM
I have been hearing a lot about Full Spectrum Warrior all around the industry. Is it me, or is this game grossly underrated or is the hype fair...or is it not hyped up enough?

The entire premise of this game is intriguing, from what I have been reading. I guess the United States Army designed this game to train real soldiers before heading out to the battlefield. It's a squad based shooter and should do really well compared to Ghost Recon. But, I guess this game is in third-person, which I'm not sure is a good thing or not. But, it is said to be XBox Live compatible.

Apparently, back at E3, this game had the most nominations than any other...4 to be exact. Halo 2 and Half Life 2 only received 3, by comparison. So, is the game something we should pay more attention to or is this one to brush aside?

What do you guys think?

MerimacHamwich
08-21-2003, 01:07 AM
I am looking forward to it. :) For more information follow the links!
Full Spectrum Warrior.com (http://www.fullspectrumwarrior.com/)
Games Domain Preview (http://www.gamesdomain.com/xbox/previews/Full_Spectrum_Warrior.html)
A full list of IGN articles about FSW (http://xbox.ign.com/objects/566/566987.html)
Anyhow, yeah, this game seems like it will be really good to me. Move over Conflict Desert Storm!

l Maximus l
08-21-2003, 01:16 AM
Yeah! Exactly! I guess Gamepro magazine has a HUGE section on this game and basically describing it as one of the most innovative games made to date. I haven't read it personally, but, I have close friend in the gaming industry that was telling me about it today and said that I really need to check it out. Have you or anyone else seen Gamepro's article? (it's in the most recent mag)

prakeem
08-21-2003, 01:51 AM
This game is a tease. By that I mean we cant actually aim, shoot or kill individually. That is the sole reason why I will not touch this game. Sure, the game looks incredible, but I can't satisfy myself by commanding and delivering orders to a team that I can't ultimaty control. That's just me.

ArchitectOfMind
08-21-2003, 01:59 AM
I know what you mean, im a hands on type myself. How do you think this game will compare if it come up against something like Ghost Recon or Americas Army?

l Maximus l
08-21-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by prakeem
This game is a tease. By that I mean we cant actually aim, shoot or kill individually. That is the sole reason why I will not touch this game. Sure, the game looks incredible, but I can't satisfy myself by commanding and delivering orders to a team that I can't ultimaty control. That's just me.

Oh really? I thought that you get to control one dude at a time while issueing commands to your squad? :confused:

MerimacHamwich
08-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Maximus, I do believe you can. Infact, that is exactly what you do in the videos I have seen. I think there was an article a little ways back that someone quoted, alot of poeple seemed put off by it but I never read it myself, that could be where they are getting that idea, maybe mis-interpreting what it said? At any rate, I still believe it is pretty much just like Conflict Desert Storm, except more in depth and better graphics.

-edit-
Here (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/425/425322p1.html) is a link to the videos.

Shadow20002
08-21-2003, 02:22 PM
wow.. four nominations for a game, beat Halo 2 and Half-life 2 ? Seems like this one have some good stuffs into it. Keep my eyes pills on it this fall or early in 2004. ;)

Dyslexic Chaos
08-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Ok, the ay the game works is, you CAN NOT have direct control over someone. You can order indiviual soldiers to look at an area and be ready to shoot if an enemy pops up. I highly suggest looking at the vids, because while the idea sounds horrible, once you see it in action, you will be amazed.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Oh, and the videos here at Gamespot are longer and free. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/fullspectrumwarrior/media.html

Watch the whole thing and you will be amazed at the Deepness of the game.

Oh, and you may have to sign up for GS Basic, but it's free, so meh :confused:.

l Maximus l
08-21-2003, 02:34 PM
I'm reading everywhere that the A.I. in FSW is the best ever seen in any game to date. Hell, it's got the stamp of approval from the U.S. Government...it should be as realistic as possible!

Papke
08-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Savage combat via xbox live......what's not to like?

JJaX
08-21-2003, 04:36 PM
I downloaded the game vids from IGN a few months ago. This is one of those games you gotta be pumped about.

You cant control a soldier? Boo-F'n-Hoo.

Take a look at the game and how it plays, than judge it.

prakeem
08-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Oh really? I thought that you get to control one dude at a time while issueing commands to your squad? :confused:

If that is the case, than consider my panties already wet! However, from everything that I heard and seen, it is unlikly that you will be able to control an individual's firing operations. I may consider renting it, beyond that, :confused:

Unreal
08-22-2003, 08:46 AM
All I know is that this was suppose to be a training tool for the military. It is now going to be a game, so you know the realism will be out of this world.

Arven
08-22-2003, 09:33 AM
I was reading about it last night in Gamepro. I'm still trying to figure out what sort of gameplay it will offer. It's a strategy game, but played from over-the-shoulder perspective. I don't know much about strategy games, never played one. The developer commented that all our squad-based games are not really squad-based. I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by that.

MetalSludge
08-22-2003, 09:51 AM
I cant wait for this game.

Snoop E
08-22-2003, 09:52 AM
i read an article bout this and it said the one that is first coming out is to be more fast paced then the one that the army has right know, but also in the article they said they were going to realease the army aswell as the thq version.

EDIT - im pretty ****ing hyped bout this game

Delphar7
08-22-2003, 10:08 AM
Well well well, seems like this game will be worth a rent.

Although with all the shooters and war games coming out in the next 6 months, I have to start to be selective with what I buy...

delph

l Maximus l
08-23-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Delphar7
Well well well, seems like this game will be worth a rent.

Although with all the shooters and war games coming out in the next 6 months, I have to start to be selective with what I buy...

delph

Dude...the fact that this game was financed by the U.S. Army to be developed for combat training simulation certainly puts this game on a higher level than pretty much all war shooters. I guess the A.I. in this game is the best to date.

I'm convinced that this game definately should be looked at more closely.

This reminds me about this little game called "Halo" before the XBox launched. Not many people heard about it, but, it was said to be amazing by hardcore PC gamers that were salivating for its release before Microsoft bought out Bungie. That anticipation quickly spread...I think we could be introduced to a similar type of game that is going to take the war combat genre to a whole new benchmark. As of right now, it's just a guess :D

FuNkY mOnK
08-23-2003, 05:52 AM
It would be a dream come true if they incorporate vehicles of all kinds.imagine flying a helicopter, take out a grid land and evacuate squad members all while getting shot at. my hearts pumping right now.

JADE8704
08-23-2003, 08:52 AM
i wonder how the game will play...i know its more of a strategy game than a run-n-gun, though

XboxGamers
08-24-2003, 03:02 PM
It has a different gameplay and I like it. Can't wait!

Delphar7
08-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

This reminds me about this little game called "Halo" before the XBox launched. Not many people heard about it, but, it was said to be amazing by hardcore PC gamers that were salivating for its release before Microsoft bought out Bungie. That anticipation quickly spread...I think we could be introduced to a similar type of game that is going to take the war combat genre to a whole new benchmark. As of right now, it's just a guess :D

Yeah, I remember waiting for it, after all the wonderful Marathon games I was eagerly awaiting Bungie to release the Mac Only Halo game, then... Microsoft stepped in a bought Bungie. . . (Course I imaging Bungie was developing a PC version too)

*sigh* I'll rent it anyways, too many games to buy, xiii and Dead mans Hand and Fable and halo2 and and and....

delphar