PDA

View Full Version : scontroller blah

spectre187
08-21-2003, 04:42 PM
i finally got my xbox, hopefully this one will work when i wake up tomorrow unlikethe last one... this one came with a controller s tho... i must say the old "big" one is so much better...just a little observation

JJaX
08-21-2003, 04:47 PM
I agree, The S-controller sucks ass.

dances with broom sticks
08-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by spectre187
i finally got my xbox, hopefully this one will work when i wake up tomorrow unlikethe last one... this one came with a controller s tho... i must say the old "big" one is so much better...just a little observation

Ill trade you my big one for your S, but seriously, I agreed with you, but now that I put some time into the S, I like it much better. I like the sticks better, and the triggers, but the button placement i dont see any big difference in (well obviously a difference, but not for the good or bad.)

JJaX
08-21-2003, 05:03 PM
I cant seem to press the black & white buttons on the fly with the S. I use my index finger to press these on the regualr controller

Peepers
08-21-2003, 05:41 PM

That's what I thought too, but once I tried the controller-s, it grew on me. I don't know how one could comfortably play KOTOR (which uses the WHITE and BLACK buttons frequently) with an original.

However, I will say, that I still prefer the original joysticks, but the new and improved button placement and d-pad make the s worthwhile. I also think it would be cool if I could get an S-style controller that was as big as the original.

DocHoliday78
08-21-2003, 06:00 PM
The S controller is great for people who have small hands especially little kids.

spectre187
08-21-2003, 08:12 PM
jjax. thats why i don't like it...same reason...
and no i won't trade, with the money from shipping it'd be a waste of money, i'd rather keep this for player 2 and get a better controller for 1p since i don't play video games with other people much

Ford Mustang
08-21-2003, 10:47 PM
I agree. I despise the S-Controller. I think the original is so perfect of a fit for my hands and the button placement is great.

To each his own, I suppose. :D

Koopa
08-21-2003, 10:56 PM
s controller>original controller

i just press the black and white buttons with the bottom part of my thumb

xboxman_1
08-21-2003, 11:03 PM
The S controller is great for people who have small hands especially little kids.

LOL, thats such a joke. A few of my cousins have very small hands and prefer the fatty, I have pretty big hands and prefer the S. To each his own.

PapaSKooT
08-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

So i'm not the only one! :rofl:

JJaX
08-22-2003, 01:23 AM

How does one do that when their right thumb is on the right analog stick?

You have 2 right thumbs?

Your playing halo, and theres a warthog coming at you. You need to switch to your stickey grenades. What do you do? Stop aiming just to switch your grenades?

And i use the back button and the right analog at the same time in GR. I can throw my sites on a target while switching my rate of fire.

S-controller < regular

Holt88
08-22-2003, 01:25 AM
I like the regular one, S controller is crap to me.

blonks
08-22-2003, 03:54 AM
s controller&gt;original controller

word

blonks
08-22-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

You have 2 right thumbs?

Your playing halo, and theres a warthog coming at you. You need to switch to your stickey grenades. What do you do? Stop aiming just to switch your grenades?

And i use the back button and the right analog at the same time in GR. I can throw my sites on a target while switching my rate of fire.

S-controller &lt; regular

well people with SKILLZ like myself hit it really fast....and the S does rule...i like both but i perfer S

Douchesforfun
08-22-2003, 08:50 PM
s type is a **** load better... that old ****in thing is almost as ****in big as the 50 pound xbox.. i mean jesus christ if i want an uncomfortable control i know where to turn... ol anchor balls:argue1:

CrazyCougar
08-22-2003, 08:53 PM
S-controller >x10 Original

l Maximus l
08-23-2003, 03:12 AM
ORIGINAL > s-type

I can't stand the S-Type...I don't like the button placement of the white and black buttons, as mentioned earlier, and I also can't stand where the back and the start buttons are.

One thing the S-type has going for it is the traditional diamond pattern for the A,B,X,Y buttons. But, I'm so damn used to the Original that even that is tough to get used to.

Though, I admit, I usually bust out the one S-Type controller I have when I play fighting games. But, for Halo, GR: Island Thunder, other FPSs and racers, it's all about the Original!

http://www.teamlorenz.com/Signs/165%20coors%20original%20guitar.JPG

Duke
08-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Bought on S. Only person who touches it is one of my housemates. My white buttons were out on the other 3 and had to play a gr tourney. Couldn't shoot a damn thing with the S.

borka105
08-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Do I always have to straighten you guys up!?

(feel like the guy from around the horn on espn)

why the S is better

1. it's got FLAT ROUND BUTTONS. Not the jelly bean oval ones that hurt your hands

2. the buttons are layed out in the diamond pattern, not crowded in together in some weird deformed way.

3. the black and white buttons are circular and big

4. the triggers are more loose and more reactive

5. the 2 joysticks actually curve and form a bowl so that your fingers can grip and control them tightly

the original one is a piece of sh*t. it's one of the main reason people would not buy an xbox. There is a reason MS doesn't package it anymore. These are 5 HUGE DEFECTS, it makes me LMAO that you guys can see past them.

-borka105

Duke
08-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Umm, since most of us have used both, we've taken the "defects" into account and decided we like the original.

Borka, when you can successfully eliminate me in GR, maybe I'll take your S controller hype into account. Obviously it's a personal decision, but the feel of the original is much more natural for me on most games.

Since I have the time I'll respond to at least a couple of your points. Let's see.....

1. wow, the shape of the buttons doesn't really faze me. Hurt? wow, hope you don't touch the wrong end of some safety scissors today.

2. Main buttons are layed out in a diamond and the position of the B and W buttons allow me to tap them w/ my unused index finger.

3. I have no trouble finding the black and white buttons even if they aren't "circular and big"

4. The more reactive sticks mean less precision in aiming. I like to ease into it.

5. umm, I haven't had any trouble gripping the thumbsticks. They do stick out quite a ways from the pad.

wow, all 5. but like I said, personal choice so go to hell :cuss:

btw, start playing gr more. haven't seen ya on much :cheers:

l Maximus l
08-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Is it me, or do the white and black buttons on the S-Type seem to be sunk it too much? :watchout:

borka105
08-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Umm, since most of us have used both, we've taken the &quot;defects&quot; into account and decided we like the original.

Borka, when you can successfully eliminate me in GR, maybe I'll take your S controller hype into account. Obviously it's a personal decision, but the feel of the original is much more natural for me on most games.

Since I have the time I'll respond to at least a couple of your points. Let's see.....

1. wow, the shape of the buttons doesn't really faze me. Hurt? wow, hope you don't touch the wrong end of some safety scissors today.

2. Main buttons are layed out in a diamond and the position of the B and W buttons allow me to tap them w/ my unused index finger.

3. I have no trouble finding the black and white buttons even if they aren't &quot;circular and big&quot;

4. The more reactive sticks mean less precision in aiming. I like to ease into it.

5. umm, I haven't had any trouble gripping the thumbsticks. They do stick out quite a ways from the pad.

wow, all 5. but like I said, personal choice so go to hell :cuss:

btw, start playing gr more. haven't seen ya on much :cheers:

I mean sure the controller gets the job done..... but it's like comparing cars.

both a KIA and a BMW will get you from point A to point B, but which on would you rather drive in to get there?

the S has the better and more improved features.........so why settle for something inferrior when you can for the same price use something superior?

then again, like you said, it's about taste....

*to the GR question, I've been playing a lot of Madden 2004 lately. I am mostly a sports fan, so that's why I may not be as good in GR, RTCW....... but with the footbal games coming out, I'll be sure to show of my real skills in those games.

-borka105

Cyclone
08-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Pfft.. I love my s-control. It's the best control I've ever used. Yes, better than the PSX/PS2 control!.

spectre187
08-24-2003, 12:26 PM
no one cares about ps2 tho... lol its a system sold on hype plain and simple...its "popular" so everyone goes and buys that system...

l Maximus l
08-24-2003, 12:47 PM
no one cares about ps2 tho... lol its a system sold on hype plain and simple...its &quot;popular&quot; so everyone goes and buys that system...

EXACTLY!!! Because it's the most popular, people naturally follow trends.

It's honestly beyond me that people go out even now to purchase a PoS2 when it's already 3 years old! lol

But, back on topic, I think the Original XBox controller has to be the best controller I have ever used...plain and simple.

JJaX
08-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by blinx

well people with SKILLZ like myself hit it really fast....and the S does rule...i like both but i perfer S

You figured me out. I lack in skill and thats why i cant use the S-controller. :o

Well you come show me your "SKILLZ" you little |3itch. :cheers:

halo_demon
08-31-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

You have 2 right thumbs?

S-controller &lt; regular

Let me ask you something dumb@ss.Why do you need to aim at the same time you're switching from normal grenades to plasma?I have an s type controller and i can easily evade warthogs on multiplayer and avoid vehicles on legendary mode.I simply back away from the incoming vehicle and instinctively tap the button to switch types of grenades.D@mn that's so hard to do i know but we're dealing with people who have beat the game on legendary not easy you piece of sh1t.peace out

halo_demon
08-31-2003, 11:55 PM
First of all Dukebuckhorn you are a total dumb@ss If the game is worth playing it has options that let you adjust the sensity of your sticks as you would a mouse on a pc game.Halo is one of many games that lets you adjust it perfectly to how you like it.Don't use such a lame excuse to get your views acrossed.I don't listen to dumb@sses And to stop you short from making a horribly lame joke yes i am listening to myself.

The only thing that even bothers me the slightest is the back button placement.And that's only because while playing multiplayer Halo it's hard to check the score while intensely playing.But oh no i don't know if i can survive.I'm not even going to diss the original.I like it too.So if you like s-type you do.IF you don't you don't.Who the hell cares?peace out

WynnFire
09-01-2003, 02:25 AM
I used to despise the S controller and thought that I would let my friends use it when they would come over but, I got used to it and use it a lot. Except for shooting games though, it doesn't seem as acurate or as fast as the big one does. Plus the big one is more comfortable when playing long long games of Halo, I never get hand cramps or anything. :D

JJaX
09-01-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by halo_demon

Let me ask you something dumb@ss.Why do you need to aim at the same time you're switching from normal grenades to plasma?I have an s type controller and i can easily evade warthogs on multiplayer and avoid vehicles on legendary mode.I simply back away from the incoming vehicle and instinctively tap the button to switch types of grenades.D@mn that's so hard to do i know but we're dealing with people who have beat the game on legendary not easy you piece of sh1t.peace out
Har har harhra LOlZ LoLZ!!!!111!!!11!!

You are one funny kid. Im sure i pooped on legendary before you even bought your xbox. And i used to play online all the time and was on a winning squad in a online 3 man CTF tournament. I got more than enough skills to go around, and if you doubt me, let me know and set something up. Caspers seen da skillz.

Keep stirring s4it up noob!!! :p

halo_demon
09-02-2003, 01:29 AM
hmmmm jjax.For a person with enough "skillz" to go around you seem to have a problem adapting.I picked up an s -type controller and in 20 minutes i was back up to bar with things.And if i could challenge you i would, but my friend said there are harddrive bugs going around on the servers.I worship my xbox so i dont go online for fear of corrupting my hard drive.And matbe you did beat the game before me.That doesnt make you better.It just means you bought the console before me.W O W!

P.S. Me and my friend rip people apart in lan parties every weekend so i think ive had my share of fighting for the top.

peace out