PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete live form my X?

El Latino Mafioso
08-21-2003, 07:13 PM
how can I delete all of the files in the hardrive including the xbox live thing???thankz a lot l8ter

BigJosh359
08-21-2003, 08:41 PM
I dont think you can without doing the dirty to your xbox, but even then, i dont know exactly how that would work.

Why do you want to delete it? Even if you arent using it, why bother possibly messing up your xbox?

dances with broom sticks
08-21-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Techi14
how can I delete all of the files in the hardrive including the xbox live thing???thankz a lot l8ter

pretty sure there was sumthin u could do to reformat? call 1-800-4my-xbox and ask them. I seem to remember a button combo or something. try doing a search here
]

Titty
08-21-2003, 10:52 PM
everything you save in your xbox goes into your memory where then you can delete w/e you want thats in your memory.

Nosferatu187
08-21-2003, 11:03 PM
yes Titty is correct.. Go into your memory section on your dashboard and cruise down to the bottom and you'll see a Xbox Live Accounts or something to that matter.. delete that.. restart your box and make sure that everything in fact is gone and there ya go.. all clean;)

BigJosh359
08-22-2003, 05:59 AM
To my understanding, in the memory is only your account, not Xbox Live code.

The question was can I remove the Live thingy meaning the Xbox Live button on your dashboard. I'm pretty sure the only way to get rid of that is to edit your Xbox Dashboard and the only way to do that is to do the nasty with your Xbox and thats all i can say about that.

I would be a very bad thing to have access to edit yoru dashboard since it only take one wrong move to screw everything up.

BCan
08-22-2003, 06:16 AM
I am sure that somewhere in the code for the XBOX OS, is a key combo for a "hard" reset, that returns the system to it's original state, removing XBL and save games.

Whether it is documented and given to us users, or is with the developers, who knows. BUT it makes sense that there is one there.

CrazyCougar
08-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Thing is though, with a lot of the new games coming out with the Live feature on it, it'll just reinstall itself back into the dash wont it. I believe it was the first batch of Live games that actually put Live into your Dashboard if it wasnt already there. My brother didnt have Live but played a Live game offline and bingo there was the Live option. I had a beta kit so not sure how it works, but I did hear that it does.

JR Alberda
08-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Yeah that Xbox live button is on all new xboxs regarless if an xbox live cd has been in it or not. It may have been an xbox live game but I dont think my buddy has played any xbox live capable games. I think it is just a newer version of the DashB