PDA

View Full Version : First Global Xbox Live Tournament Revealed

Shadow20002
08-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Microsoft today announced that X03 Europe, the European press event in Southern France, will be the location of the world's first Xbox Live global gaming tournament. On September 17, the emerging champion will walk away with a trophy, a year's worth of Microsoft Game Studios titles, including Halo 2, Fable and Project Gotham Racing 2; a copy of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 from Ubi Soft and the bragging rights associated with being the best Xbox Live gamer in the Western world.

But it's more than player reputation on the line. Gamers from the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Belgium and the Netherlands will be representing their countries and competing for national pride. Cultural and language barriers will fall by the wayside as cross-Atlantic rivalries are settled with some friendly, online tactical warfare.

To enter the tournament, gamers simply need to pick up a copy of "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder" for Xbox and start fragging enemies on Xbox Live immediately. Players can check their progress worldwide by viewing the leaderboards on Xbox Live.

Source (http://teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4752)

Liquid Gears
08-22-2003, 08:46 PM
I've already started. Great find Shadow :cheers:

Douchesforfun
08-22-2003, 09:35 PM
i hate my life... i so need live
:cry:

Liquid Gears
08-22-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by stripwire
i hate my life... i so need live
:cry:

So go out and buy it :wink:

LTM360
08-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

So go out and buy it :wink:

I just realized your DiabolicJester on my buddy list for XBL. shows how much attention I pay.

Though I didn't like Ghost Recon too much, I think Ill try to pick this up and see how well I can do, im sure if I play it enough Ill get hooked.