PDA

View Full Version : XIII Soundtrack Announced

Shadow20002
08-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Ubi Soft Entertainment announced today that it has partnered with Future Primitive Sound to release exclusive original music inspired by the upcoming video game XIII.

"We wanted to create something which ties together everything that makes XIII unique," said John Coghlan, Ubi Soft brand manager for XIII. What better way to illustrate XIII's unique style and leave a lasting impression than with music. Using a visionary group of artists like Future Primitive Sound was a natural selection, and the soundtrack captures the mood and style of the game to perfection."

"We wanted to capture the essence of XIII in this soundtrack by showcasing its nostalgic style while giving the beats a modern twist. Our intention was to tell its story through the music and create a seamless headnodding mix that would complement the energy of XIII and get gamers hyped," said Mark Herlihy, founder of Future Primitive Sound. "The game is solid and we feel privileged to be able to add our artistic touch to the project"

The soundtrack will be available through Ubi Soft's XIII pre-order program in September. Check out the official site to preview the soundtrack.

Gamespydaily.com

Arrakis44
08-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Ar they gonna sell the soundtrack individually as an optional extra then, or include it in a special edition ala Blizzards titles like Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3.

webdaemon
08-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Are you kidding? Who's going to buy a seperate sound track?

----------

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely
coincidental.

BCan
08-23-2003, 02:41 AM
Its only the start of this kind of stuff. Considering games are the highest entertainment medium in the world for dollars made, why not?

They can't avoid keeping PC games in the "geek" world too much longer...

Unreal
08-23-2003, 05:31 PM
If they release the soundtrack as bonus for buying the game, I will buy it. Sega gave the soundtrack to Jet Grind Radio (U.S.) when you preordered the game.

Hugopolo
08-25-2003, 12:31 PM
I like to listen to real music not the crap they put in games

Delphar7
08-26-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Unreal
If they release the soundtrack as bonus for buying the game, I will buy it. Sega gave the soundtrack to Jet Grind Radio (U.S.) when you preordered the game.

Yeap. It's a Pre-order bonus. EBgames had it. One of the few retailers I found to offer the bonus. (I can't wait for the game too!)

And Hugopolo SNot trying to start a (F)Lame war, but the music they put into Video games _is_ real music composed by _real_ musicions using _real_ musical instruments. This Soundtrack is music _inspired_ by XIII. Check out the Puture Primitive Sound Artist list, and tell me they are not _real_ music... http://www.futureprimitivesound.com/v1/artists.html

:cheers:

delphar