PDA

View Full Version : Wouldnt this make EA games have online support?

DocHoliday78
08-22-2003, 04:45 PM
Why doesnt EA just make their games system link compatible? Wouldnt this allow people to play online with xbconnect or that game spy tunnel?

jelgiad
08-22-2003, 04:55 PM
because the whole point is that they are money grubbers and want people to pay for their online service

DocHoliday78
08-22-2003, 06:33 PM
You have to pay to play madden on the internet for ps2?

bluefire712
08-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

No, but they can discontinue their support for older sports titles as soon as new ones come out. Therefore they get an even steadier supply of $50 per sports game per year per player. So if you want to play EA sports titles for more than a year you have to keep spending money on the latest editions of the sports title. Works for them I suppose, but Microsoft won't let them do it.

Uchiha Sasuke
08-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Just tell you this. Its more MS fault there is no Live games EA. Atleast thats what i've been hearing.

PapaSKooT
08-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Substance Snake
Just tell you this. Its more MS fault there is no Live games EA. Atleast thats what i've been hearing.

Prove it? :)

EA = Greedy. They want complete control over all servers, and, like Blue said, they (for example) havce discontinued (or will be discontinuing very soon) their support of Madded 2003 for PS2 online, as 2004 recently came out.

Shadow20002
08-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by PapaShaddix

Prove it? :)

EA = Greedy. They want complete control over all servers, and, like Blue said, they (for example) havce discontinued (or will be discontinuing very soon) their support of Madded 2003 for PS2 online, as 2004 recently came out.

I think they can't bring down the server for a game that only last for one year and less than that. They must leave it at least around 2 years for people who still want to play and own Madden 2003. By the way, they will create a new one for the next installment.

Stormlord
08-22-2003, 11:38 PM
Yeah MS is currently using a peert-to-peer system. Meaning a player can host a game they want to play anytime they feel like it. So 3 years from now if I wanted to play Whacked or Ghost Recon I can host a game or find someone who is. Recently Island thunder was released. If it was an EA game Ghost Recon servers would be down and if you wanted to play you have to get Island Thunder. Plus most Live games actually recieve download content or patches to fix exploits. EA doesn't care to do any of the above. Cause it means to actually care for the user. For PC they make add-ons for their games that contain bug fixes but you have to pay $20-30 for the add-on to get the fix. Which an add-on is not bad but if you don't want it right now you're stuck with the bugs.

DocHoliday78
08-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Yeah MS is currently using a peert-to-peer system. Meaning a player can host a game they want to play anytime they feel like it. So 3 years from now if I wanted to play Whacked or Ghost Recon I can host a game or find someone who is. Recently Island thunder was released. If it was an EA game Ghost Recon servers would be down and if you wanted to play you have to get Island Thunder. Plus most Live games actually recieve download content or patches to fix exploits. EA doesn't care to do any of the above. Cause it means to actually care for the user. For PC they make add-ons for their games that contain bug fixes but you have to pay $20-30 for the add-on to get the fix. Which an add-on is not bad but if you don't want it right now you're stuck with the bugs.
Damn i knew EA was fugged up but i never new they took it to this high of a level. Man **** EA

l Maximus l
08-23-2003, 02:58 AM
Personally, I'm stoked that MS stuck to their guns. They have a bad ass network with or without EA! :cuss:

CharlieHustle
08-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Now think about this... Its publically known that EA has a major bug in their Madden 2004 game. Which the user who has ncaa 2004, cant import their college draft class, for the draft in Madden. If EA has supported LIVE, then it would be easy to just DL the patch to fix this problem, but now i would really love to see how this problem is goin to be fixed. I see that i will be gettin ESPN football fo sho'.

Xbox Owner
08-23-2003, 07:42 PM

You will next year. They haven't confirmed it, but they said it's very possible.

bluefire712
08-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

I think they can't bring down the server for a game that only last for one year and less than that. They must leave it at least around 2 years for people who still want to play and own Madden 2003. By the way, they will create a new one for the next installment.

Who says they must? Does the government now control PS2 online? :D They don't have to leave it online. There's no law. On the back of the box there's a little disclaimer saying that they can more-a-less discontinue the service for any title whenever they'd like. Madden 2003 is gone, at least the online aspect of it.

Originally posted by CharlieHustle
Now think about this... Its publically known that EA has a major bug in their Madden 2004 game. Which the user who has ncaa 2004, cant import their college draft class, for the draft in Madden. If EA has supported LIVE, then it would be easy to just DL the patch to fix this problem, but now i would really love to see how this problem is goin to be fixed. I see that i will be gettin ESPN football fo sho'.

It makes it even more humerous this way. :D Now EA will be spending at least one million dollars reprinting thousands of discs. Hopefully they'll think twice about not having Xbox Live support, even if it's just for download content and patches I 'd be happier (but not fully statisfied until online play :)). The only game I'm even thinking about getting from EA in the next 6 months is SSX 3. They're not that great anyhow.

DocHoliday78
08-23-2003, 11:12 PM
How can SSX3 not be great? It hasnt come out yet. I think it is gonna be greath though becasue its franchise has always delivered.

bluefire712
08-23-2003, 11:58 PM
How can SSX3 not be great? It hasnt come out yet. I think it is gonna be greath though becasue its franchise has always delivered.

I meant EA wasn't that great. It's hardly a huge loss to the Xbox community, especially since we still get the games but no Live. SSX 3 will probably be good. It's been a very long time since SSX Tricky, I'd hate to see it do poorly after all this time.

DocHoliday78
08-25-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by bluefire712

I meant EA wasn't that great. It's hardly a huge loss to the Xbox community, especially since we still get the games but no Live. SSX 3 will probably be good. It's been a very long time since SSX Tricky, I'd hate to see it do poorly after all this time.
I hear you on that one. Its been way too long since a new SSX title came out. I loved Tricky to death but i could only play it for so long. Are the PS2 users going to get online play with this one?

Casper
08-25-2003, 08:39 AM

I hear you on that one. Its been way too long since a new SSX title came out. I loved Tricky to death but i could only play it for so long. Are the PS2 users going to get online play with this one?

Unfortunately yes :(

But it's not just EA that's sticking to the "No XBL" way, I'm mad now that when I get Hitz Pro, it will be online for Sony, but not MS....crock of s*** if u ask me :cuss:

DocHoliday78
08-26-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by casper

Unfortunately yes :(

F*CK THAT PIECE OF ****. MOTHER ****ER I HATE THOSE EA 'S GOAT RAPING POTATO PEELING RETARDED ASS CLOWNS:cuss: :cuss:

Sorry i had to vent. I am a little dissapointed about that one.

Cryogenic Pyro
08-26-2003, 01:53 AM

F*CK THAT PIECE OF ****. MOTHER ****ER I HATE THOSE EA 'S GOAT RAPING POTATO PEELING RETARDED ASS CLOWNS:cuss: :cuss:

My feelings about EA exactly. I don't own any of their games, but I probably would have purchased SSX3, but with PS2 getting online play, and the superior system not getting online play doesn't seem right for some reason. Maybe it's just me.

Bigwig
08-26-2003, 02:59 AM
After playing the ESPN beta demo it was like EA who?

Titty
08-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Sony has some sort of an agreement with EA and that is why EA isnt online for xbox. Why would sony say "Ok EA make your games on Xbox Live" when they know that Xbox live is already beating PS2 Online and making EA on live would just put them even farther ahead.

DocHoliday78
08-27-2003, 12:53 AM
Awesome name Titty. Anyway, whats up with Activsion. How come those games arent Live enabled?