PDA

View Full Version : Renting Games

MetalSludge
08-22-2003, 08:32 PM
I have hardly ever rented any games because of afraid of getting dirty disks and ruining my xbox. I was wandering if you guys rent alot of games or just play the ones you buy? And am I over reacting to dirty disks?

Liquid Gears
08-22-2003, 08:44 PM
Usually I rent games and test them out before I buy them.

Douchesforfun
08-22-2003, 08:57 PM
i do to

webdaemon
08-22-2003, 09:03 PM
I've never rented a game. Where do you usually get them?

---------

Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

No Fear 23
08-22-2003, 09:20 PM
i've only rented games 2 times and that was it.

i would suggest checking the disk for scratches and stuff. if its bad, request a another one bc odds are, the game will shoot up dde.

CrazyCougar
08-22-2003, 09:49 PM
I rent from Blockbuster on a weekly basis and have no problems at all. If ya get a Dirty Disc Error, take it back and exchange it for another or something else. Simple as that. Rentals CD's are not going to cause your Xbox to malfunction any quicker than a new retail CD or a used one for that matter.

DocHoliday78
08-22-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by MetalSludge
I have hardly ever rented any games because of afraid of getting dirty disks and ruining my xbox. I was wandering if you guys rent alot of games or just play the ones you buy? And am I over reacting to dirty disks? I dont think that will hurt your xbox. Try hollywood video for games.

X-Fan
08-23-2003, 03:36 AM
deepshark.com is the best damn site for renting games.its highly recommended go check it out now.

Unreal
08-23-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by MetalSludge
I have hardly ever rented any games because of afraid of getting dirty disks and ruining my xbox. I was wandering if you guys rent alot of games or just play the ones you buy? And am I over reacting to dirty disks?
I think you are over reacting for the dirty discs. I buy more games then I rent, but I do rent once in awhile. But you can never be too careful ;)

Columbo
08-23-2003, 11:59 PM
ive rented games a couple of times.its pretty safe.if theres anything wrong with the disk you can always take it back and get a new one,like everybody else said.plus its a great way to ceck the game out before you buy it.ive had a couple of occasions where i hate the game when i rent it and thank god i didnt buy it first

jabrre
08-24-2003, 10:52 AM
I usually buy the games, not rent. I usually do my research first before I buy, but only once did I bite the bullet with the game Serious Sam. All the other games I bought for the XBOX (yes, even Whacked and Enter the Matrix) I am satisfied with.

Research is important, especially with not getting stuck with a turkey like Sneakers.

Cyclone
08-24-2003, 11:40 AM
I never rent games because Blockbuster has such a small selection.

Boone
08-25-2003, 10:56 AM
I just quit working at Hollywood Video and the condition people returned games in was horrid. People would come back to exchange a game because thiers was scratched up or had sticky crap all over it. They would then check the replacement only to say "this is really scratched up". Unless you are one of the first 5 renters for that game expect for it to be screwed up. I also firmly believe that dirty discs can harm the performance of your black box. People dont always check thier rental games, when you have a disk in your box that has some sort of crud on it there is a possibility for that crap to warm up and drip onto your innerworkings. Xbox and DvD players should have a warning label on em

"If ya wanna take really good care of your property, dont rent"

kenji
08-25-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
I never rent games because Blockbuster has such a small selection. Yes, this is one downside to renting games. Blockbuster has about 1 aisle of Xbox games and about 3 for PS2. I rent all the time and I haven't got a dirty disk error yet. I do it for all games I buy except for Halo and probably Halo 2.

MatrixMaul
08-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Personally, I f*ckin hate rentin games...when I want to test a brand new game, some loser fan boy wakes up and goes right when blockbuster opens..then I have to wait for a while to rent it...then there's the fee: damn near six bucks to rent a game for 5 days?!??!(they stopped the weekly game rental) I havent rented a game in aboot two months

halo_demon
09-02-2003, 01:53 AM
Am i the only one with no respect for borrowed property?I intentionally scratch my rented games when im done with them just to **** off block buster.HAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!I clean em' with sand paper.

Koopa
09-02-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by halo_demon
Am i the only one with no respect for borrowed property?I intentionally scratch my rented games when im done with them just to **** off block buster.HAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!I clean em' with sand paper.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive4.jpg

rhinowarrior
09-02-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by halo_demon

What an *******. You don't respect other peoples property, It will come back to you. Wait & see!

runninutes
09-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Sandpaper? What are you thinking!? To get a disk really clean, you're going to have to go with something like steel wool! Well, I guess if you're using a belt sander, you'll probably be ok. Just make sure to do a good job. And always remember, be kind - rewind...

WynnFire
09-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Boone
I just quit working at Hollywood Video and the condition people returned games in was horrid. People would come back to exchange a game because thiers was scratched up or had sticky crap all over it.

Hey, try working at Blockbuster and see the way PS2 disks come back. Almost everyday I have to put another PS2 game into the defective pile because of foot prints, massive amounts of scratches, screwdriver stabbings, etc... No I am not kidding either, our Xbox games however are in pretty good condition. I should know, I buy most of them when they become previously played and put out for sale.

FuNkY mOnK
09-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Check this place out for your game rental needs.Click it. (http://www.gamefly.com)

halo_demon
09-04-2003, 12:58 AM
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

hhhaaha a belt sander!? Im laughing my neuking @ss off!I would never harm an Xbox game disc or any property thereof.But now the PoS2 is another story.If the game sucks i "clean" it.I'm trying to discourage playing such sh1tty games in my own perverted means of a justice system.Sometimes even the low price of renting a crappy game is enough to p1ss me off.But that's just me.I respect other people's property im just having fun with Block Buster.They can handle the heat.Peace out

ThaWatcher
09-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Blockbuster charged me 6.81 to rent KOTOR for 5 days.....

what a waste of 6 dollars and eighty one cents.....

Aeroflux
09-06-2003, 12:45 AM
I rent games at Hollywood video without much trouble and I play with a launch-dated xbox. I just rented and beat Run Like Hell; it's such a good game I decided to go buy the game just to support the developers. I've seen too many suck games to put down a fifty for. All the research in the world doesn't do as much as playing a rental. :eek:

ramprider0
09-06-2003, 03:49 PM
when you have a disk in your box that has some sort of crud on it there is a possibility for that crap to warm up and drip onto your innerworkings. Xbox and DvD players should have a warning label on em
If you were really afraid of getting stuff in your xbox you could just clean it with warm water and something like a paper towel I think that would remove any sticky crap from the disk?

TuffEagle88
09-06-2003, 04:00 PM
:eek: I never even knew that running damaged disks could hurt your xbox. I need to go apologize to it, maybe take it out for ice cream and hope it forgives me. But seriously, how can it hurt it? Does it damage the reader or something? :huh:

Seawolf1
09-06-2003, 06:15 PM
ok, for those worried if Scratched Disks will harm your Xbox I want you to think about something for a sec. At what point while the disk is in the tray is any part of the Xbox touching the Disk (other than the spindle that spins the disk)? There isnt. Its a laser!
Now if you put a disk in with fresh goo on it and it spins and slings goo all over the inside on the lenses then yeah it will screw up your Xbox or at least the DVD/CDROM, but since its a laser disk you dont need to worry about screwing up your box, you game just wont work.

As far as Rentals go, Blockbuster is a bit pricy, but thats because they are the main source for rentals (at least in my area). They do have a gamer deal where you rent one game at a time and keep it as long as you want (until you finish it or get bored with it) then take it in and swap it for another game. This is a good deal if you only rent like one game a month or one game every couple of weeks and dont want to worry about return dates,etc. You can only rent one game at a time though and I think new releases are excluded.

Aeroflux
09-07-2003, 10:38 AM
That sounded really cool up until the new releases excluded clause. :D

I have actually seen rented DVDs with goo on them, chocolate or some other substance. I made a habit of checking the DVDs I rent for scratches on account of some digitizing halfway through the movie.