PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 4 vs DOA3 vs DOA3

Devil May Cry
12-17-2001, 05:51 PM
Tekken 4: Good solid gameplay system, main elements difficult enough to make the game "masterable", and a great competitive pool. If you like fighters, you do need to pick up this game when it comes out.

Virtua Fighter 4: This is my pick, just because it's so deep and so difficult to master. You absolutely cannot fluke a win with this game unless neither player knows what they're doing. Too bad the competitive pool sucks - everyone's off playing Tekken.

Dead or Alive 3: This game is a joke. They say "diverse fighting styles" when it's really paper/rock/scissors. There isn't even a competitive pool to warrant playing this game casually. There are only two reasons this game sells and it doesn't have to do with gameplay.

ChessPieceFace
12-17-2001, 07:15 PM
pos2 fanboy, nice orginal name to i like that :)

Dave
12-17-2001, 07:22 PM
I bought DOA3 and was very dissapointed because I hoped it would be Xbox's version of Tekken. Sure DOA3 is a good fighting game, but there is not much to it other than that. I loved playing each fighter in Tekken to see who I would unlock when I beat the game. Tekken is still my favorite fighting game, and Soul Caliber is second. Hopefully Xbox will make a fighting game with many extra's hidden in the game with more un-lockable players in the future.