PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else upset with madden game

MetalSludge
08-23-2003, 06:47 PM
i was so excited when I got this game that I couldnt wait to play it and now I am like why did I get so hyped over this. I dont hardly ever play it. I am thinking of trading it in on ESPN or Fever just not sure witch one. Anybody else think this?

CrazyCougar
08-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Personally I like the game. I especially like the importing feature from NCAA (for those it works for). But I jump back and forth between NCAA and Madden every night.

ARONO129
08-23-2003, 10:23 PM
The graphics are not as good as Fever. I'm not crazy about the way most of the replays are on a small screen surrounded by the playcalling screen.

The A.I. is very good and I'm going to keep it. I'm in preseason as I've tried different teams and settled on the Texans. I think Owner mode will be great.

MetalSludge
08-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Yeah I like the being able to import feature and I got one of the ones that dont work but I dont find it a big deal since I dont usualy import till after the 4th year of ncaa so all the players have names.

How many mins per game are you playing on madden?
How many mins per game are you playing on NCAA?
Do you use the accelerated clock on madden?

ARONO129
08-24-2003, 01:29 AM
I just finished the preseason as the Texans. My wife set all the prices which was fun. She's usually not interested in Xbox.

I was $50 Million in the hole so I had to trade (WR) David Boston because his contract was too expensive. I had signed too many expensive players. Owner mode adds a whole new dimension to the game. It's awsome!

In Fever you can throw 65 yard bombs again this year. Exciting at first but grows old fast. ESPN will be good but not as good as Madden. I would say stick with Madden.

NPYYZ
08-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by MetalSludge
i was so excited when I got this game that I couldnt wait to play it and now I am like why did I get so hyped over this. I dont hardly ever play it. I am thinking of trading it in on ESPN or Fever just not sure witch one. Anybody else think this?

I was dissapointed with Madden 2004. I enjoyed the first few games just because of the "newness" but it got old and boring real fast. I returned it and got Fever 2004, a much more competitive and enjoyable game in my opinion. Madden is over, done. EA blew it by not supporting Live, screw em.
PS: the best football game this year will be ESPN football. I have played the Demo. It looks better and plays better then both Madden and Fever. The player models are amazing as are the player movements, very realistic. Check it out on 9/2/2003

ARONO129
09-02-2003, 01:54 AM
After the newness of the game wore off I realized that Madden 2003 was better in many ways.

Owner mode is fun but doesn't make up for the graphics which are the same as last year. To me they look worse.

The Playcalling screen combined with the on field action is lousy. One distracts from the other. You can't even see the whole replay as parts are cut off by the Playcalling screen on the bottom and Stats screen on the top.

I was wrong. ESPN sounds much better and I'm trading Madden for it. I'm even getting ESPN NHL in a week too. Looks like ESPN is the way to go this year.

Adawg
09-05-2003, 02:02 PM
I dont like madden at all...I think fever 2003 is way beeter the madden 2004..If I was you I would get fever you can play online and all that with it.Madden has lost its market share if you ask me.I have not played fever 2004 but I will bet that the graphics are way better and the game play is better too.

Madden suck:cuss:

jabrre
09-05-2003, 07:16 PM
I feel that Madden 2004 is way not worth the hype. Its being promoted heavily on MTV and G4 with half hour shows just on the Madden Challenge and the game itself. I still plan on getting the game though, only as a Christmas gift for someone who is a Madden fan. My choice for myself is NFL Fever 2004 (I will be getting it very soon). I have been a fan of the NBA Inside Drive series and cannot go wrong with Fever.

Besides....I am from Indiana and a big Payton fan, so its a must to get Fever.