PDA

View Full Version : airflo controller

seddy
08-24-2003, 09:40 AM
does anybody no if the airflo controller is coming out in the UK????

l Maximus l
08-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Hmm...I never thought about it...I figured that it was already there... :confused:

Xbox Owner
08-24-2003, 01:10 PM
you can probably order one from the US (although it would cost a lot for oversea's shipping)

webdaemon
08-24-2003, 09:20 PM
I was thinking of getting one of those. Anyone here ever play with one? Are they any good? Is the fan quiet?

Xbox Owner
08-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by webdaemon
I was thinking of getting one of those. Anyone here ever play with one? Are they any good? Is the fan quiet?

The fan is very quite, and works well, it's just the button's/analog sticks arne't very responsive.

l Maximus l
08-24-2003, 10:12 PM
If you ask me, if your hands sweat too much while playing, it's time to open a window! :D

Personally, I only buy 1st party controllers...no 3rd party yayhoos

Reclaimer
08-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
If you ask me, if your hands sweat too much while playing, it's time to open a window! :D

Personally, I only buy 1st party controllers...no 3rd party yayhoos

Hmm.. I was eyeballing this one particular MadCatz S controller. It seems a tad bit smaller than the normal S types. My wife likes the S type, but she said if they made it any smaller, it would be better for her.

Personally I love the S types. Except every now and then I loose my ass trying to get the back button or the white/black button!

Nosferatu187
08-25-2003, 01:54 AM
heard those Nyko AirFlo controllers suck a big fat one.. but Ive never played with one .. Might hafta check one out sometime:)

canadianboi3
08-25-2003, 01:56 AM
I have an Air-Flo (thanks to XBA:cheers:), and I like it, except it is bad for racing games, as the buttons aren't very responsive likex Owner said. Other than that, the fan is a cool feature.

halo_demon
08-28-2003, 09:43 PM
At one time i didnt own an Xbox and I had to use someone else's controller.Now when you're the "guest" you get stuck with the ol' 3rd party controller over here.I have to say that I am very good at games like halo etc, but those damn dirty things either had over sensitive analogs or under sensitive buttons or analogs that are challenging to press fully when it counts(Halo zoom or crouch features).Never waste your money on 3rd party crap piles.It's always worth it to pay the extra 10$ to be satisfied with your product and gameplay.******!! Death to 3rd party controllers!!!

TheStall
08-29-2003, 12:14 AM
I won one of those Nykos from XBA (thanks guys) and I must say it was good for playing RPGs. Anything that you are going to be playing for like 8 hours straight (KOTOR comes to mind) when you dont have to be overly concerned with super button response. Also, the thing does not work with the communicator for LIVE. Although, I have heard that no 3rd parties will, but I have not tested that as I have no other ones. So, if you see it cheap, and are a fan of RPGs, I think that Airflo is good.:yikes: <- I love that

wbio
08-30-2003, 11:06 AM
I like it, but like other people said, the buttons are not very responsive but the fan's nice. And yea, they won't work with the communicator (me and my friend spent a couple days thinking one of our communicators was messed up when we were playing GR, but then realized it was the controller.
And Stall, some 3rd party controllers do work with the communicator. My Mad Catz wireless does (but it defeats the purpose since the memory card slots aren't on the controller, but on the receiver :()

Xbox Owner
08-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by TheStall
I won one of those Nykos from XBA (thanks guys) and I must say it was good for playing RPGs. Anything that you are going to be playing for like 8 hours straight (KOTOR comes to mind) when you dont have to be overly concerned with super button response. Also, the thing does not work with the communicator for LIVE. Although, I have heard that no 3rd parties will, but I have not tested that as I have no other ones. So, if you see it cheap, and are a fan of RPGs, I think that Airflo is good.:yikes: &lt;- I love that

It works for live with me..:watchout:

TheStall
08-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Well, interestingly enough, mine will allow me to hear what people are saying on Live, but my words are garbled when I try to respond. They can hear me trying to talk, but they usually reply "Are you speaking English?" Perhaps, there is interference created by the fan's little motor. Who knows, maybe you just have to be lucky.