PDA

View Full Version : kotor help i dont care about spoilers

crimson tide
08-24-2003, 12:51 PM
i have just become a jedi and i need to know what fighting style is the best. a solo lightsaber, a double bladed lightsaber, or a lightsaber for each hand. and a guy on the jedi planet told me about a monster that kills jedi on the sith planet do you ever get to fight it .

Newaza
08-24-2003, 01:33 PM
IMO the 2 lightsabers are the best option. You can upgrade each lightsaber w/ 2 crystals (total of 4 crystals).

Max out the 2 handed weapon and Flurry skills

JJaX
08-24-2003, 03:34 PM
If you're going to use a dual lightsaber or 2 light sabers, make sure you upgrade your "two handed" skills. (I think thats what its called) So you dont suffer to much of an attack penalty. Or whatever that thing is.

But if you want, you can upgrade your "dual" skills and you get attack and defense bonuses when using 1 saber.

I prefer 2 sabers like Newaza said, you can have 4 crystals and really do some damage.

Oh, and reading the manual helps as well. :cheers:

Dyslexic Chaos
08-24-2003, 05:00 PM
I found the game very easy with a double bladded sabre. It had great offense and defense. Another thing i hear people doing is using different sabres for different situations, like one sabre set for droids, one for dark jedi etc.

pepitonet
08-24-2003, 11:16 PM
well this is my third time throught the game now with the double light saber(i already tried single and one on each hand) and i have to say one on each hand is the best way to go

crimson tide
08-25-2003, 12:28 AM
thanks guys i have plyed the game through on the dark side but i got stuck on the star forge fighting the droids. i was a soldier and a jedi gaurdean so my force powers were weak plus i did not have destroy droid so i started over custom made my soldier into a brute with wisdom but the only thing i dint know about was the weapon i would use. the first time around it was two lightsabers but i have been thinking about double sabers and are the two monsters on the sith planet the one the guy on dantooine warn you about

selowitch
08-25-2003, 01:47 AM
An interesting question is whether it is worth it to wield a “short” lightsaber in concert with a regular one so as to reduce the penalties. You don’t get as much base damage, but you do avoid the penalty usually incurred when you wield two regular lightsabers.

I personally think it’s fun to try lots of different combinations. Having previously won the game playing a two-regular-lightsabers male character with a very mixed moral character (but who ultimately embraces the light side), I’m now experimenting with playing a female ultra-evil guardian, just for the fun of it.

Some folks don’t realize that the Two-Weapon Fighting skill applies to double-bladed weapons and to dual blasters as well as to dual lightsabers. That allows for some nifty variations and increases replay value, too.

I’m trying to be just as cruel and murderous as possible, even when it is against my own interests, just to see how far down the dark path I can send her.

kenji
08-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by selowitch
An interesting question is whether it is worth it to wield a short lightsaber in concert with a regular one so as to reduce the penalties. You don't get as much base damage, but you do avoid the penalty usually incurred when you wield two regular lightsabers. I think it is worth it because you get a plus 2 to your attack, which basically adds 2 to your damage. It only works in the left hand though.

MatrixMaul
08-26-2003, 12:09 AM
Personally I use: two lightsabers; one with sigil(with light side advantage) and krayt dragon pearl, and on with krayt dragon pearl and the crystal that has a possibility of stun, max out on two weapon skills, dueling, and critical strike or flurry.