PDA

View Full Version : Is Star War Galaxies ever coming to xbox?

hulkamaniac
08-25-2003, 09:44 AM
I just want to know if Star Wars Galaxies was Canceled, or if it is still scheduled to come out later in the future.

BCan
08-26-2003, 08:33 AM
I think it has been delayed indefinitely. Has been removed from the lists at Lucasarts as an XBOX title. Not totally sure of the problems that took it off the release for this platform..

Duke
08-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Rumours I've heard say that it will still be released. There were a bunch of problems initially w/ the pc version, which is why they put it off.

No idea if it's true, but if it's a subscription game I probably won't get it anyway. It's had some good reviews, but after watching the video review over at ign it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

rough_rida
08-26-2003, 12:18 PM
Even if this does come out ill save my money and ill get jedi Academy cause that looks cooler.

RudedogX
08-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Jedi Acadamy won't be a MMORPG. That's the difference. I would probably get both games if I hadn't just finished off KOTOR. I think I'll pass for now though. I can only take so much Star Wars.

Voodoo_Vince
08-26-2003, 04:28 PM
From what I have read and seen on TV about it , I hope it never comes to Xbox , you have to watch people Dance to heal yourself?? No Vehicles in the game?? ,,,,sounds real boring and on X-play they showed how long it took to walk from one city to the other , it was 15 minutes of just you walking ,,,,they are planning on adding vehicles and such in the future so if they REALLY fixed it up then maybe it MIGHT be worth it ,

wweomaniac
08-26-2003, 06:31 PM
any game you have to pay for online isn't worth it. And galaxies won't come out for xbox in my opinion. It hasn't done too well on PC, and why would sony wanna waste more money on it for console. The game is gettings dissed left-right and center from what i've heard (correct me if I'm wrong).

Kortiz
08-26-2003, 08:48 PM
For some reason, I just can't see myself playing an RPG online on a console....I dunno.....I suppose that I could do it.

Either way, I think that I would rather play this on the PC. I am just more used to playing MMORPG on a PC...

BCan
08-27-2003, 08:57 AM
Galaxies, to me is more about an experience, rather than a game. That's where there are so many people buying the game and playing it, to experience it.

For those that don't want to pay to play, you are paying for contiunal upgrades, challenges, etc that somehow must be paid for. An online persistent world doesn't run on cheap machinery, these server farms would be worth a truck load to keep and maintain.

Get over this "everything is free online" thing, that is what got MP3 file swapping the way it is.....