PDA

View Full Version : Release all football games at once??!!!

BORNGD
08-25-2003, 05:00 PM
i dont know, maybe its just me, but its killing me not having a football game right now with madden out in stores. I am waiting for ESPN this year and its the last to be released. Anyone feelin like this??? I think they should all come out at once and see a real buying frenzy. I am just venting at work while i'm bored as hell....

Dr_J
08-25-2003, 05:43 PM
I would rather wait a couple extra weeks to get a quality product than to get a rushed, glitchy piece of crap like Madden.

BORNGD
08-25-2003, 06:54 PM
oh i agree! but is it that they are still working on it? or building a word of mouth, more marketing, etc.?

CrazyCougar
08-26-2003, 12:28 PM
I would most definitely go with the marketing strategy. Think about when it releases..Same week the NFL kicks off. Yup, definitely marketing.

Madden will always sell big numbers in sales due to the name recognition. But the other titles establish themsleves as great football titles they'll be right up there too. No matter what release date.

Robflare
08-26-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm right there with you. I'm bored to death. I definitely don't feel like working. I rented Madden last week, played the ESPN demo disk, and am so close to caving in and buying Fever and ESPN. ESPN is finished. The guys at football-gaming.com, have been playing the finished disk for about a week now, so we know that it's done. I can't figure out why it hasn't "gone gold" and isn't coming out to stores except for the marketing piece.

BORNGD
08-26-2003, 04:17 PM
yea i guess you said it...i'm "bored" with the waiting...i need my football now!!!

Buccaneer21
08-27-2003, 02:02 AM
I agree with you guys, I'm going nuts waiting for ESPN Football. I played Madden and along with all the gliches didn't care for it. Hurry up Sega lol.:cheers:

Holt88
08-27-2003, 03:54 AM
There's a reason why it's in the HOF. ESPN show cases robots running on the field. Madden is realistic football.

CrazyCougar
08-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Holt88, Madden and ESPN are practically the same game this year graphically. The playcalling is basically the same for both and so forth. The only major difference is the fact that ESPN has online play with Live. So saying ESPN uses robots is a little bit off the mark of the truth.

ESPN and Madden are on the same level field this year. Both games are great and have their own perks.

Robflare
08-27-2003, 01:14 PM
I would say ESPN has a little bit more "player control" than Madden actually. Madden, the guys feel like they are gliding a little bit vs. actually running to me. I really think having to push the butten repeatedly to sprint helps ESPN in that area.

ash
08-27-2003, 07:20 PM
think about it guys.

are you going to release your movie the same day as spiderman 2 or the matrix?

hell no.
you are going to wait a couple weeks for everyone to see how crappy the same old thing is before you hit them with your product.

then a couple weeks after madden and before espn, you tease them with a demo.

espn will do much better this year than last.

Robflare
08-28-2003, 07:44 AM
I agree with you. I do really wish ESPN would have come up with that read and lead passing feature vs. first person. Read and lead looks like the real deal to me.

mattgame
08-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Holt88
There's a reason why it's in the HOF. ESPN show cases robots running on the field. Madden is realistic football.

I played the ESPN demo. I don't like it. The players movements are stiff. However, there is still a lot of ice skating in Madden if you know what I mean. I think I'm going with Fever. The reason they don't come out at the same time is ...... who knows really? What difference does it really make? Just get the best game for your buck and trust me it is not Madden and it is not ESPN.