PDA

View Full Version : I love downloading my own CD's.

Dave
12-17-2001, 08:01 PM
When I bought my X-box I had no idea I could download songs from my own CD's and play them during some of the games. That was just a bonus feature I found out about after I got it home and got my Gotham Racing game. I just figured out how to hook my X-box to my stereo, and am enjoying the hell out of racing to my favorite jams. I cannot wait until more games come out that I can use my own jams as backround music come out in the future. Kinda nice picking my own tunes. People come over and play my Gotham racing, and are like man this game has a really kick ass soundtrack!

Mario
12-17-2001, 08:04 PM
Yea, the music option is a nice little add-on that microsoft made. Currently there are other games (i.e. Amped) that are capable of playing your own custom soundtrack in gameplay. I wish that they had that thing built into the Halo game, I would like to listen to my songs while shooting up a bunch of aliens, while yelling "Fire in the Hole!" all the time.

batman46st
12-17-2001, 08:45 PM
**** u know wat i really wanted though the burning your own soundtracts feature is cool. however why do they limit it to some games. i wishi i could play halo with my own background music that wouldbe so cool or playing nfl fever and at every touchdown i make putting my own music alteast for like 2 secs hearing a lil jay z going h to the izzo while i dance in the endzone... i understand its very costly to be made but im just wishing.....

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 09:00 PM
Hey guys! You know what you can do to solve that problem??? Play the CD on you stereo while playing xbox??? Did that ever occur to you?

Mario
12-17-2001, 09:06 PM
Batman, i mentioned the same thing about Halo, and no, it never accured to me to use a stereo, but it just wouldnt be the same, because you cant make your own soundtrack on ur stereo, and most people might not have one setup right by thier xbox.

Dave
12-17-2001, 09:43 PM
Halo would have been sweet. I thought the same thing myself. I am sure in time there will be a shootem up with the ability to play your own songs eventually, and when it does comes out, it will rock!

sleepydreams21
12-17-2001, 09:59 PM
When you put up your own tracks on the games do they come on randomly or do you have the option of saying lets say i want this song to come on at this time etc. Or even i want this song to come on instead of the song that supposed to come on from the game.

I hope my babbles makes sense to someone.

Dave
12-17-2001, 10:08 PM
You can do whatever you want. Set them in any order you want, delete one and put in another, or change tracks during the game. It's pretty sweet. You can download a lot of tracks as well on different soundtracks. If you want like 10 different CD's, you can do it and put them in any order or band you want.

Only bad thing is the burnt CD's do not work. Only the store bought CD's do.

sleepydreams21
12-17-2001, 10:11 PM
that kinda sucks. I havent bought a cd in years :S.