PDA

View Full Version : Variety Of XBox Models

Mario
12-17-2001, 09:26 PM
Myself, I think the XBox should be created with a variety of different covers, mostly see through models like the newer brands of the Nintendo 64. Possibly make some controllers the same way.

Sachile_
12-17-2001, 09:34 PM
no way,
i dont want a bunch of *** sissey colours. Stick to the black green.

hehe...theres little back on the xbox really its just a deep deep deep green! like 2 shades off from black

Mario
12-17-2001, 09:36 PM
The see through covers, you would be able to see inside the XBox and where everything is placed, because not everyone is brave enough to take apart the box to see what lies beneath, but they are just as curious as me, and Black and Green is to popular, its always been the main "cool" colors. I'd like to see some variety, myself I would want a pure green see through XBox, or a pure blue see through XBox, that would be alot nicer then to look at a plain old black every morning.

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 09:40 PM
But then they would make see-through pink and purple and i dont like that. *** people make me feel uncomfortable. As do *** colors. And no, its not because I have a dirty conscience or im homophobic or something like that.

Mario
12-17-2001, 09:42 PM
Even if they do make a pink (eww, i doubt it) or a purple, you dont have to buy it, so why would it make you uncomportable for them to make a variety to choose from, its a step up from PS2, they just have a black box, id like to see a green PS2 or a red PS2, I like to have a freedom of choice, I don't like the idea of someone else making a choice for me saying I can only have a black XBox, I dont get a choice on colors

Mario
12-17-2001, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
But then they would make see-through pink and purple and i dont like that. *** people make me feel uncomfortable. As do *** colors.

Actually, on second though, how can you even be sure that they will make Pink and Purple, I don't think that Microsoft is that unstable in the *** category to make a Pink XBox. Just for a Note, Microsoft WILL make different models of XBox's, because they will make more money off it, people will buy a new XBox just to have that sertain color. So even if you do vote No to making new Colors, microsoft is still gonna do it.

smack119
12-18-2001, 12:24 AM
you seriously think someone that has a black xbox will buy a new one just for a color??? id be breaking out the spray paint before shelling out another $300..... or i would break my black on....and use my 2 year prp to get a new color

JeremyX
12-18-2001, 12:45 AM
I would like to see different color Xboxs but I wouldn't like to see it done in weird colors like purple or blue. They should stick to the cool trademark jewel green and black but use them in different ways. For instance, have the X be a transparent green or maybe even try to implacate silver in the color scheme by making the X a nice silver. Just my two cents.

LynxFX
12-18-2001, 12:47 AM
Yeah that's all I want, an imac in my house. :rolleyes:

Mario
12-18-2001, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by smack119
you seriously think someone that has a black xbox will buy a new one just for a color??? id be breaking out the spray paint before shelling out another $300..... or i would break my black on....and use my 2 year prp to get a new color

Smack.. By the time when microsoft makes differnet color XBox's they'll probably cost about $150.00 and by then, people that didnt have the money to buy the XBox before, it'll be so cheap, then, when its cheap, they'll have a wide variety of covers for thier XBox, and I might even sell my XBox for $150.00 just to buy a colored one, its not likely, but I might, because I like color.

Also for the guy that says keep the black and green going with the jewel just use it in different ways, I cant agree with you more, and they might do that instead of making alot of differnent colors, but all in the end, there will be colored XBox's.

Mario
12-18-2001, 12:53 AM
Jeremy, that car is pretty ugly, no offense, but Ive seen volkswagen that look neater then that, the base of it looks cool, but the front, ****, how big and round do you need it? Thats a total turn down for me, it makes the whole thing look g*yish

JeremyX
12-18-2001, 01:21 AM
I own a Black 2001 VW Jetta VR6 with Biege Leather seats, a moon roof, 8 speaker stereo system and Climate Control with Seat Heaters. I would trade it in a heart beat for the Bugatii 16-4 Veyron! It goes from 0 to 186mph in under 14 seconds!!!
Honestly, you're the first person I know that doesn't like it. But hey, if it's not your bag of tea then that's cool. But check out the inside. Oh yeah, it's made by the same company that makes VWs'.
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/09_01/bugatti/03.jpg
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/09_01/bugatti/02.jpg

Mario
12-18-2001, 03:35 AM
eww an automatic, its not that bad of a car, 0-186 in -14 seconds isnt bad for acceleration, i have a mazda rx7 that does top 220mph, it can go 0-200 in about 10 seconds if i put the pedal to the metal

xboxpebbles
12-18-2001, 04:57 AM
i thought a good idea would be to keep the jewel green and the "vents" green too...then there would be a black box in the center,,,ya know what i mean??
im not sure... having all the same xboxs make u feel more uninified in a way... plus if they change the color it might be made different than the 1st ones...
hmmm.. im not sure.. i guess we will have to wait and see:p

Mario
12-18-2001, 07:45 AM
i doubt that they will change what the xbox has already, in the later years, the newer xbox, its suppose to have a bigger HDD and a more powerful CPU, Graphics card, etc.

---

even though it wont matter, i'm selling my xbox and replacing it with da nintendo gamecube, the black one =).. purple is too poofy

Hugh_Jass
12-18-2001, 12:19 PM
My XBOX would have to break before I consider replacing it with a color case version.

Even translucent gray/black could be cool.

A special edition Azurik blue ... oh yeah!

l Maximus l
12-18-2001, 12:26 PM
Personally, I like the black XBox console and wouldn't buy any other color even if it was available. I have it sitting on my entertainment stand and it looks like a traditiona electronic appliance. Besides, my wife has no quoms about it, either...she always made me put away my N64 because she thought it looked tacky...lol

Speaking of colors, though...didn't Microsoft initially have planned to make the 9 foot controller wires make a green glow? lol...that would have been sweet especially since I like playing in the dark and, therefore, no one would potentially trip over them or something... :D

baggachipz
12-18-2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Mario
eww an automatic, its not that bad of a car, 0-186 in -14 seconds isnt bad for acceleration, i have a mazda rx7 that does top 220mph, it can go 0-200 in about 10 seconds if i put the pedal to the metal

Bull****. No possible way. Just because the spedometer goes to 220, doesn't mean the car can.:rolleyes:

terrapin
12-18-2001, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Sachile_
the xbox really its just a deep deep deep green! like 2 shades off from black

I noticed it was that dark green color also. Though it took a really sunny day for me to notice it.

JeremyX
12-18-2001, 02:55 PM
It's not an Automatic, 16 valve 7 speed!!!

Belive me, your car can not go from 0 to 200 in about 10 seconds even if you, "put the pedal to the metal."

Sorry guys, I got a little side tracked. I'll stick to my other forums when I want to talk cars. I forget who I'm talking to. From now on nothing but Xbox goodness.

Mario
12-18-2001, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by JeremyX
It's not an Automatic, 16 valve 7 speed!!!

Belive me, your car can not go from 0 to 200 in about 10 seconds even if you, "put the pedal to the metal."

Sorry guys, I got a little side tracked. I'll stick to my other forums when I want to talk cars. I forget who I'm talking to. From now on nothing but Xbox goodness.

believe whatever you guys want, its a mazda rx7 series 3, slick tires, nitrogen boost, and yes, i can get up to 200mph when i get on the race track, how do u think i win so much money, the nitrogen boost is what makes all cars go fast. ive seen mini trucks that would normally fight to do 120 on the race track, they install a nitrogen boost system and they burn rubber.

Originally posted by baggachipz
Bull****. No possible way. Just because the spedometer goes to 220, doesn't mean the car can.

I said 200 for one, not 220, and the speedometer says 220, and yes, if I use the nitrogen boost that i installed just for that purpose of getting going faster to win money in racing, unlike some people that think thier car is already bad ass and doesnt need that to win, most cars in street racing put a nitrogen boost otherwise you just eat dust, i guarentee jeremy, if you had that car, with no nitrogen boost, i would smoke you

baggachipz
12-18-2001, 06:46 PM

believe whatever you guys want, its a mazda rx7 series 3, slick tires, nitrogen boost, and yes, i can get up to 200mph when i get on the race track, how do u think i win so much money, the nitrogen boost is what makes all cars go fast. ive seen mini trucks that would normally fight to do 120 on the race track, they install a nitrogen boost system and they burn rubber.

Yawn. Perhaps you've been sucking on too much nitrus oxide...

Mario
12-18-2001, 10:53 PM
I would be a hardcore gamefan (and by gamefan I mean idiot) and keep posting replys to you, a brainless "gamefan" that thinks he knows everything, and by your reply, I suggest you know all about Nitrogen Boost? Maybe you should goto a street race sometime on friday night and ask them if they got a Nitrogen Boost installed in thier car, or should I just explain to you so you dont have to get your butt out of the computer chair and see for urself..

Theres a switch you hit on your dashboard, which releases a sertain amount of nitrogen inside your gas, then which ignites, giving your car a nitrogen boost which makes you go fast.

To technical? Ok heres an easier one..

Button/Dashboard/Nitrogen/Gas/Ignite/Boost

..Loser

sinizuh
12-18-2001, 11:57 PM
different xbox models? who do you think made xbox? Sony?! lol

/me waits for PS2 mini.

Mario
12-19-2001, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
different xbox models? who do you think made xbox? Sony?! lol

Now.. why would I think that?

baggachipz
12-19-2001, 08:46 AM
Psst... It's nitrus oxide, genius. N20.

I'd prefer not to go to a *street race* on a friday night; I don't live a fantasy pretending I'm Vin Diesel and that my --giggle-- RX7 can go 0-200 in 10 seconds. If you can indeed accelerate your car at that rate, I suggest you do the world a favor and seek a job at NASA's Jet Propulsion Labratory.

I'm aware that a nitrus oxide boost can accelerate a car at higher rates, but come on. :rolleyes:

When do you get your driver's liscense, anyway?

I would be a hardcore gamefan (and by gamefan I mean idiot) and keep posting replys to you, a brainless "gamefan" that thinks he knows everything, and by your reply, I suggest you know all about Nitrogen Boost? Maybe you should goto a street race sometime on friday night and ask them if they got a Nitrogen Boost installed in thier car, or should I just explain to you so you dont have to get your butt out of the computer chair and see for urself..

Theres a switch you hit on your dashboard, which releases a sertain amount of nitrogen inside your gas, then which ignites, giving your car a nitrogen boost which makes you go fast.

To technical? Ok heres an easier one..

Button/Dashboard/Nitrogen/Gas/Ignite/Boost

..Loser

JeremyX
12-19-2001, 11:48 PM
Well everyone knows that!! Big DUH there!

You could put NOS in a VW Bug and it would compete with the best. You would just have to modify the engine so you don't plow a whole in it. I know all about that stuff. My friend has a Chevy truck with NOS. Of-coarse it's not street legal but he's friends with our local Sherrif and yes he takes it to the track. He owns the record for the fastest run without hitting a single cone.

So once again, a big DUH when it comes to NOS. You see I love that car for it's stlye and beauty. Anyone could get speed. That's no big deal. I've modifed my car so that I now get 270hp and I didn't even spend more than $200. But once agian, who cares? Anyone, from us young punks with our new cars to our grandma with her Chevy Nova could get speed but not everyone can have a car with show stoping beauty.

So don't waist your breath on how fast you're car can go on the track with your NOS. Your car is just a dime a dozen. Nothing new there.

XBOX Dude
12-20-2001, 09:09 AM
i got one word for ya chrome

Chr0nik
12-20-2001, 09:29 AM
I get confused between my Xbox and my Old VCR...:confused:

Hugh_Jass
12-20-2001, 11:44 AM
Okay, Click and Clack, this is XBOXADDICT, not Car Talk. :)

MadDawg276
12-24-2001, 10:48 AM
Heres a diffrent color Xbox on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1313572010

MadDawg276
12-24-2001, 11:30 AM
check out clear green xbox.

Frostberg
12-24-2001, 10:51 PM
lets just not see any purple poka dotted xboxes...might as well throw in a handle why you are making it colorful. I likes my black xbox. It blends in with my black/silver tv stand, silver tv, black speakers, black receiver, black sub and so on...lets not change it! Its nice in the dark to see the little green circle...but it would be really cool if it was an X instead of an O...big ol green X in the dark...ahhh

smack119
12-24-2001, 11:48 PM
that green one looks just like the debug kits.... it probably is a debug kit that the guy got someone to buy

smack119
12-24-2001, 11:56 PM
hey mario rx7s cant do 220mph..... they wont get to 200.....probably more like 150. i got a eagle talon turbo that ive hooked up and it cant get 200.