PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Release Date Revealed

Shadow20002
08-27-2003, 06:46 AM
RUMOR !!!

TotalGames.net reports that online DVD and games store play.com is listing the game for release on March 26 2004. We haven't had this date confirmed as of yet but it would fit in with what Microsoft has said so far about when the game will arrive.

On it's website, Play is also listing some of the features Halo 2 will supposedly have. These include what sounds like a new multiplayer mode, Oddball.

Source@ (http://www.totalgames.net/)

Casper
08-27-2003, 07:26 AM
Can't be....on a Friday?

Maybe March 16th, mainly because Bungie knows it's my birthday, but I still think it's too early to speculate unless you hear it from MS or Bungie themselves.

PapaSKooT
08-27-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
RUMOR !!!

TotalGames.net reports that online DVD and games store play.com is listing the game for release on March 26 2004. We haven't had this date confirmed as of yet but it would fit in with what Microsoft has said so far about when the game will arrive.

On it's website, Play is also listing some of the features Halo 2 will supposedly have. These include what sounds like a new multiplayer mode, Oddball.

Source@ (http://www.totalgames.net/)

Well, im not gonna trust this date... Oddball isnt new, so why should i trust them otherwise?

AlBoogy
08-27-2003, 10:20 AM
I say Nov. 15 2004...

BTW, Casper, love the sig! XBLG is trash

webdaemon
08-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Acording to the new Xbox site, the release is March 2004.

LINKINPARK8591
08-27-2003, 11:28 AM
i'm not even sure which dates to believe anymore, all i know is that once it's officialy out in store i'm getting it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :yikes:

jelgiad
08-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LINKINPARK8591
i'm not even sure which dates to believe anymore, all i know is that once it's officialy out in store i'm getting it.

yeah, and walmart better have a midnight selling:D :rofl:

Dyslexic Chaos
08-27-2003, 01:11 PM
Damn you, just forget about Halo 2 already guys, you are just torturing yourselves. Start looking forward to the game coming out the SOONEST, not practically the FARTHEST. I am loking forward to getting SC 2 tommorow (not enough money today :()

Voodoo_Vince
08-27-2003, 03:18 PM
This is just as informative as all other Halo 2 release dates based on rumor , .........worthless , and if they say Oddball is a "New" Halo Multiplayer feature they must have been playing Halo for one day , I can't believe how much time I wasted reading this post and how much time it took for this reply ,,,,,

wbio
08-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by PapaShaddix

Well, im not gonna trust this date... Oddball isnt new, so why should i trust them otherwise?
I was thinking the same thing:huh:

EDIT: I went to play.com, and it said this, so it sounds like the new game mode is race, which by looking at the features, I think is a Human vs Covenant battle, which sounds pretty cool:

Multiplayer modes include Oddball, Race, Slayer, Capture the Flag, and exclusive modes only available for play over Xbox Live

Psylink
08-28-2003, 01:23 PM
none of those listed game types are new.... *shakes head*
have the people commenting on these new game types ever played Halo ?

*sighs*

mattgame
08-28-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
I say Nov. 15 2004...

BTW, Casper, love the sig! XBLG is trash

Dear God please don't say November. I can barely wait until March

halo_demon
08-28-2003, 08:54 PM
They may be coming out with one or many new aspects of the oddball title for Halo 2.I discovered a new one i never knew they had.Invisible oddball.Rather fun.But we really dont know til its out now do we?Peace out.

Psylink
08-30-2003, 12:13 AM
uhm, thats not new, you can do "invisible oddball" on Halo

plus the covenant vs marines(master chiefs) thats the basic xbox live play from what ive understood, basically a "axis vs allies"
which im sure the various multiplayer types will be included in the online play

now if they add in co-op via xbox live, ill be a happy psylink :)

DocHoliday78
08-30-2003, 01:05 AM
******, i thought halo 2 was supposed to come out Q1 2004. I havent been checking release dates since evertime i look it gets pushed back some more.

Arven
08-30-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
******, i thought halo 2 was supposed to come out Q1 2004.

Well, that's still within Q1 -- by five days. Q1 would end March 31.

l Maximus l
08-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Bungie (http://www.bungie.net) is the only reliable source for the arrival of Halo 2.

But, it's still cool to think about when it's coming...I mean, who in the hell is not excited about this game!?

Leo
08-31-2003, 01:27 AM
Don't trust these guys! The real release date is January 1ist 2004!
Go to www.ign.com or gamespot.com. I beleive these guys!

No Fear 23
08-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Leo
Don't trust these guys! The real release date is January 1ist 2004!
Go to www.ign.com or gamespot.com. I beleive these guys!

no leo, those guys are wrong. they just like to spread rumors.

i beleive everything posted at bungie.com bc they are the makers of the game and theres no rumors. when they have a estimate on the release date, then its a real date compared to all the other 'false rumor' dates.