PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur II first impression

Militant-Gypsy
08-27-2003, 11:07 AM
And on the seventh day he created Soul Calibur II, and it was good....

I just picked up this game, and after watching the intro i said to myself "Self, this game is A BEAST" WOW what an incredible intro.
I played one round and that is enough to know that this game is INSANELY good. When i saw the screenshots I was skeptical because they were pretty poor quality, but let me tell you this, those shots dont do these sweet graphics any justice at all.

My crystal ball says I will live long and play much SCII. :D

Chaotic
08-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Militant-Gypsy
And on the seventh day he created Soul Calibur II, and it was good....

I just picked up this game, and after watching the intro i said to myself "Self, this game is A BEAST" WOW what an incredible intro.
I played one round and that is enough to know that this game is INSANELY good. When i saw the screenshots I was skeptical because they were pretty poor quality, but let me tell you this, those shots dont do these sweet graphics any justice at all.

My crystal ball says I will live long and play much SCII. :D

good to hear this game is living up to expectations :cheers:

to bad it's not on live :cuss:

Militant-Gypsy
08-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage

good to hear this game is living up to expectations :cheers:

to bad it's not on live :cuss:

Yeah that is big disappointment, but the game still has enough upside to let that slide... for now.

The Jackal
08-27-2003, 08:24 PM
this game is awesome... its the exact as the arcade.... but yeah itd be crazy if it was live.. too bad... still an unbelievable game :cheers:

JJaX
08-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Its actually quite better than the ardace version.

The Jackal
08-28-2003, 03:57 PM
true... with all the new options added to the game it is better... but just comparing the gameplay to the arcade version its amazing

Hugopolo
08-28-2003, 08:33 PM
yeah would be cool if it was for live but then i would just lose all the time some people are just really good at fighting games

kenji
08-28-2003, 08:39 PM
What kind of different types of modes are in the game, such as arcade and weapons master. What else is there?

defcon420
09-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Worth buying huh??

RudedogX
09-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by defcon420
Worth buying huh??
Yes, definetly worth buying!

kfw
09-24-2003, 07:38 PM
You earn modes throughout the game so far i earned Practice Mode, Survival Mode, Time Attack Mode,and i think theres Team Battle, Arcade Mode thats all i can think of off my head.

Shadow20002
09-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Even without LIVE, it's still own on Xbox !!!!! :p

GrimLin/Oddy
10-02-2003, 02:58 PM
its a great game if you have friends to play it with!
its even so great, it got me (and my friends DOH!) running home in between classes and kicking eachothers ass haha

SCREW NGC AND PS2! MUAHAHAHA link sux, spawn rawkz:cheers:

The Jackal
10-20-2003, 01:47 AM
i actually think link looks sweet in scII.... id still rather have spawn but i wish link was in this game

GrimLin/Oddy
10-20-2003, 02:23 AM
Yeah, ive played with Link and Heihachi now, i think Link is pretty cool, boomerang, bombs, bow n arrow, sword, shield, hes got it all :D!
But Spawn is still cool and xbox ver is way superior to any other version,
ive actually timed the loading screen on ps2 (how nerdish is that?!?) and it took about 2.5 times longer than on xbox lol.
And for sum reason i just cant play right with NGC controllers, ow well...

Anyway, sc2 is a must-have game for any console freak!
:cheers:

Torlough
10-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Yeah this game rocks I tried it on all three at E3 last year and by far xbox has the superior version. Althought i prefer the Ps2 controller for fighting games so I ebayed an adapter and now play it on Xbox with the PS2 controller. I hear that DOA will have a new version out soon with live support anyone know any more abotu this?

JJaX
10-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Torlough
I hear that DOA will have a new version out soon with live support anyone know any more abotu this?

In the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, Tecmo has revealed Dead or Alive Online for the Microsoft Xbox. Dead or Alive Online will be a compilation of the original Dead or Alive and Dead or Alive 2, with online play possible through Xbox Live. The original Dead or Alive will have the graphics quality of the Saturn version of the game, while Dead or Alive 2 will have enhanced graphics aimed for the Xbox. The compilation will reportedly be playable at E3.

source (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/doaonline/news_6026422.html)

Ive seen a few movies over at IGN. Same DOA action, but online. SHould be pretty cool.

Torlough
10-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

The compilation will reportedly be playable at E3.

source (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/doaonline/news_6026422.html)

Ive seen a few movies over at IGN. Same DOA action, but online. SHould be pretty cool.

Well the source was wrong about it playable a E3 :watchout: .

I wouldn't mind playing online I guess the only problem is wading through the haters to find someone col to play with.

GrimLin/Oddy
10-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Ooooh i just cant wait to buy it :D,
I think itd be so sweet to fight ppl online, ive never done it couse ive never played SNK vs EO (or whatever thats called).
Ow well, hope itl be out soon :D.

JJaX
10-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Torlough

Well the source was wrong about it playable a E3 :watchout: .

I wouldn't mind playing online I guess the only problem is wading through the haters to find someone col to play with.

Well yeah, i just wanted to get the concept of the game out. We know it wasnt at E3. We had people there

lax_defense
10-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Yeah, this game rules. Its my new fav fighting game except for maybe the first one, which it is probably better than, and DOA3, which I still play regularly.

Gators2001
11-16-2003, 08:01 PM
The best game I ever played!

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Nice characters. Reminded me of tekken. Combos were BS. I'll wait for the next killer instinct title to come out. BTW i thought SC 2 was cool

gerbil
12-14-2003, 02:38 AM
looks cool .. kinda cartoony .. but i'm comparing it to DOA .. but i dont mind having TEKKEN here