PDA

View Full Version : Fever 2004 Impressions

Chaotic
08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
First off, as most of us know the previous games weren't that great and were totaly crushed by EA and SEGA. But this year i already have a sense of satisfaction that i decided to give fever 2004 another chance and boy am i glad i did.

The graphics are by far the best in any football game and this year are greatly improved. The player AI is much,much better then before and the players seem to play more like real players. The gameplay is much faster then sega and EA IMO which is something i was looking for in a football game because it adds that fun factor to the game. The on field sounds are the best i have heard in any football game. The stadiums and fields have no competition here they look as realistic as realistic gets. The passing that everyone was concerned about with the 70 yard bombs can still be performed but they are extremely hard to complete because of the improved pass coverage. Oh and did i mention XSN, this is probably one of the sweetest features in video game history, the amount of options it has are just unreal. Once the the new xbl website is fully functional and the leagues get off the ground the true nature of this new feature will shine through. Even if you aren't a fever fan rent the game just to experience the XSN feature so you can see what your missing out on.

This years fever is definatly a much improved game and it's going to surprise a lot of people who get off the "sega" bandwagon and give it a chance. It's not the old clunky bad gameplay game of the past.

:cheers:

BORNGD
08-27-2003, 03:03 PM
thought this didnt come out till tomorrow?

Chaotic
08-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by BORNGD
thought this didnt come out till tomorrow?

nope, it came out today :cheers:

hiter101
08-27-2003, 05:41 PM
i just came home and got the game i followed peer presure from choatic and bought it i havent played it yet but i will in about 20 min i will post my impression and choatic if this game blows u owe me $ 54.43 :cheers:

Chaotic
08-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by hiter101
i just came home and got the game i followed peer presure from choatic and bought it i havent played it yet but i will in about 20 min i will post my impression and choatic if this game blows u owe me $ 54.43 :cheers:

LMAO

peer pressure from me :rofl: To bad you wanted this game like 2 months ago. :o

ash
08-27-2003, 07:17 PM
tell me about the 'lead and read' passing.

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by ash
tell me about the 'lead and read' passing.

This is one of the best features i have seen in a football game.

What you want to do is use something called "trigger" passing. So instead of the normal A button to hike,A button to bring up the recievers then the selected button for your reciever. You use the A button for Hike then you have your normal, X,Y,A,B, etc.. buttons for your recievers. So you want to Hike,hit the button for what reciever you want to throw the ball to then hit the right trigger to release your pass and the QB will launch the ball way ahead of the receiver then you want to take control of the reciver and speed burst him to catch upto the ball then just take off running. It's really cool if you can beat the defender.

mattgame
08-28-2003, 08:55 AM
I am only hearing good things about Fever. I'm convinced I'm getting this one ASAP! Thanks for the heads up. :cheers:

BORNGD
08-28-2003, 01:35 PM
yea so far so good. I am pleased with this game. And xsn sounds good too. Joined a league last night that i believe starts this weekend. Cant wait!

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BORNGD
yea so far so good. I am pleased with this game. And xsn sounds good too. Joined a league last night that i believe starts this weekend. Cant wait!

Have you checked out the xsn website yet where it shows you the status of the league? It's sweet how it actualty breaks down when you have to have your games played by, how much time you have to play them and when it starts and ends. :cheers:

BORNGD
08-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Chaotic, i have noticed that...but my question is, will they schedule each game or do you just have to play them? i see you have to be signed into your leage than you can invite people to play which is cool

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm not really sure since i haven't gotten to involved with any league yet.

NPYYZ
08-28-2003, 09:11 PM
I returned Madden 2004 and picked up Fever 2004 yesterday. I loved Fever 2002 and was very disapointed with Fever 2003. For the past year I have been playing what I feel is the best football game out NFL2k3.

NFL Fever 2004 has impressed me right off the bat. A very good job this year. It actually reminds me a little of fever 2002 with many improvements, something fever 2003 did not have. This is a great looking game and I like the way it plays. I am now 6 games into my season using the K.C. Chiefs and I am enjoying it a lot. I left one thing out, the only thing that is bugging me about this game is the announcer. The Chiefs QB is Trent Green and he keeps saying "Gresie drops back" Come on MS get it right. Next year they should get 2 new play by play guys, both these guys a terrible. Play a game using the Chiefs and see for yourself.

After saying all that ,I must say that I have also played the demo of Sega's ESPN football (NFL2k4) and this game looks and plays much much better then Madden and fever, it is truely in a league of it's own. I like fever 2004, and I will be keeping it and playing on live, but ESPN will be the game to get if you can only get one.

Apocalypso
09-02-2003, 08:44 AM
i rented fever 2004 and i didnt like it, there is a lot of options but i agree with people that the players are kinda floaty and the graphics look blurry and not detailed. All in all i am buying ESPN football this week and i think i will be happy

:argue1:

mattgame
09-02-2003, 09:44 AM
I bought Fever 2004 this weekend. I'll say this much for it. I haven't played Madden since I bought it. This game is exciting. I love the Read and Lead passing. The d-backs actually pick the ball off, the gameplay is just better. I'll play Madden for the depth. I'll play Fever when I want to play football. ;)

Robflare
09-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Fever is a really cool game. I have always gone with ESPN, but Read and Lead and XSN convinced me to buy Fever. The Graphics are crazy, they are so good at times. I made a tackle on a running back with Dwayne Rudd and the Back flipped over Rudd, and the collision detection was perfect. No clipping of any kind, and it was amazing. The grass looks incredible and the shade from different fields, like FedEX stadium and Seattle's stadium look great.

Read and Lead needs a little tweaking. It feels a little like trying to complete a pass on N64's old Quarterback Club games where it was nearly impossible. Running is good, and XSN is a lot of fun. I would give this a must buy, rating if you like XBOX Live and are not a huge Franchise person.

ThaWatcher
09-04-2003, 09:53 AM
Fever '04....it's a no-brainer purchase for the football fan....

Robflare
09-04-2003, 10:16 AM
I was concerned after I bought it that I would not like Fever as much, but they are two very different games. Particularly if you use Read and Lead on Fever. ESPN is great, but this is one year where I can say that I will honestly play both games and probably skip basketball completely.

mattgame
09-04-2003, 10:58 AM
Fever is the truth. R and L takes a minute to get used to but when you do baby, it's lights out!!! My first season I went 10 and 6 and went on to the Super Bowl. So far, after I have grown accustomed to R and L, 8 and 1! The satisfaction you get from throwing that perfect pass is the beauty of the game. It is the innovation that everyone will copy. Enjoy yourselves.