PDA

View Full Version : sc2 good/bad ?

spectre187
08-27-2003, 04:32 PM
i get paid friday and i wanted to pick up a new game... i love fighting games but as you can see by my game list i already have a lot of them...i was thinking about picking up soul calibur 2 because i played the first one a little bit and i liked it and everyone seems to love this one and it seems to be THE big fighting game on xbox like tekken 3 was to playstation...

in short...
should i get soul calibur 2 friday? or should i get something else?
and what reasons too, yes or no won't sway me...
thanks for the help in advance:)

DIGITAL
08-27-2003, 04:55 PM
i would get it,the game is off the hook

spectre187
08-27-2003, 04:59 PM
i appreciate you taking the time to help, but i'm wondering what stands out to you in the gameplay or something, not just a statement that it's good... thanks tho

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 08:59 AM
This game kicks ass. Amazing graphics, great gameplay, awesome moves and the selection of charcthers is great. If your into fighting games this is one you should not pass up. It's by far the best fighter on the market today and the xbox version is the best one :cheers:

spectre187
08-28-2003, 09:04 AM
YAY! and of course the xbox one is the best one...because its the best system:cheers: :p

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by spectre187
YAY! and of course the xbox one is the best one...because its the best system:cheers: :p

Not just that, but because we get spawn :D and the best control layout between all 3 systems ;)

studepaber
08-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Great game I agree. Question for all of you who own it, though, do any of you find it sort of difficult using a regular controller for this game? I think the S-controller makes it so muck easier (especially when hitting x+b or y+a) since the buttons are spread out. BTW yea Xbox has the best character, Spawn, IMO, although he's sorta cheap since he can shoot projectiles.

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
Great game I agree. Question for all of you who own it, though, do any of you find it sort of difficult using a regular controller for this game? I think the S-controller makes it so muck easier (especially when hitting x+b or y+a) since the buttons are spread out. BTW yea Xbox has the best character, Spawn, IMO, although he's sorta cheap since he can shoot projectiles.

Yes, it's much harder to use the larger controller because sometimes you need to be so quick with the buttons and you need to posistion your hand in such a way that it's not possable with the large controller.

JJaX
08-28-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by studepaber

I use the regular controller.

Set up like this:

L = A + K
R = B + G
White = A + B
Black = A + B +K

Oh and why is it the such a good game? Cause its the best F'n fighter ever. Thats why....

Casper
08-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I use the regular controller.

Set up like this:

L = A + K
R = B + G
White = A + B
Black = A + B +K

Oh and why is it the such a good game? Cause its the best F'n fighter ever. Thats why....

I use the L trigger for guard, but might change it like this for now. I also use my regular controller, I will never get an S controller because unlike Rude and them, I have big hands :)

The Weapon Master mode was amazing. I played it for a good 4 hours last night, drooling over how sweet Spawn was with some new moves that I didn't get to do at E3. And JJaX is right, this is the best fighter ever, hands down. I feel bad for those that have this on PS2, I tried it last night at Gamestop for a good laugh.....loading times alone were longer than some of my matches and the graphics reminded me of Bad Dudes :)

terraflux16
08-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Thizzle gizzle izzle off the hizzle fo rizzle my nizzle.
(not to be taken seriously)

I played the demo on a ps2 demo disk and wasn't particularly impressed. It could have been because I got my ass kicked and only played one round but it could still be ****.

Liquid Oxygen
08-28-2003, 01:38 PM
I'd rent it first before you shell out cash for it. Some people love fighting games and can play them for eternity. But if your like me, beating the game a few times is enough to satisfy the hunger.

RudedogX
08-28-2003, 01:40 PM
That's why fighting games are more fun with friends and a hell of a lot of trash talking. That's what they are made for, and that is where they excel. SC2, just like SC has a little extra that you usually don't find in fighting games (at least before SC).

Liquid Oxygen
08-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
That's why fighting games are more fun with friends and a hell of a lot of trash talking. That's what they are made for, and that is where they excel. SC2, just like SC has a little extra that you usually don't find in fighting games (at least before SC).

Ya but it still gets boring after a few rounds...

RudedogX
08-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Oxygen

Ya but it still gets boring after a few rounds...
To each their own. I've always found fighting games (with friends) to be a very addictive experience.:cheers:

Zen
08-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Well personally i was dissapointed with this game...i expected more of a leap in graphics and gameplay... if youve played the DC version then i have to beleive you agree with me. the graphics arnt as seemless as DOA and how old is DOA? i thought this was going to blow DOA out of the water... the fighting system i was told was superior to DOA... and knowing what the fighting system was in SC2 predacessor i was expecting some improvements.... better/ more reversals... a better mechanic altogether... but this game looks and feels almost the same as the DC version... am i the only one feeling this way? all i see are new costumes... the same system, and 2 new characters...

DOA's mechanic is more involving and has better style... plus the ame is superior graphically. that really miffed me cause i was expecting something from all the hype... my own including rememebring how good the original was... but i see no leaps in innovation, just a mark-up

going back to tag battle with buddies on the Old reliable

Liquid Oxygen
08-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

To each their own. I've always found fighting games (with friends) to be a very addictive experience.:cheers:

True dat. Whatever floats ur boat.

studepaber
08-28-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Zen
Well personally i was dissapointed with this game...i expected more of a leap in graphics and gameplay... if youve played the DC version then i have to beleive you agree with me. the graphics arnt as seemless as DOA and how old is DOA? i thought this was going to blow DOA out of the water... the fighting system i was told was superior to DOA... and knowing what the fighting system was in SC2 predacessor i was expecting some improvements.... better/ more reversals... a better mechanic altogether... but this game looks and feels almost the same as the DC version... am i the only one feeling this way? all i see are new costumes... the same system, and 2 new characters...

DOA's mechanic is more involving and has better style... plus the ame is superior graphically. that really miffed me cause i was expecting something from all the hype... my own including rememebring how good the original was... but i see no leaps in innovation, just a mark-up

going back to tag battle with buddies on the Old reliable

I used to 'sort of' think this way as well, but then I got to thinking that SC2 is a graphical step-up (albeit a small one) from an already great looking game. Sure more reversals would be great, but really why change a good thing? (go play DOA if you want reversals) Most fighting games carry the same look/feel throughout their series, with slight improvement/additions each sequal (think SF or MK). I'm always up for new innovative ideas, maybe the devs didn't want to stray from a proven formula. I just don't see many things they could've done to make this a better game.

Oh yea *kicks self* they could've made it online :o

The Jackal
08-28-2003, 03:18 PM
GET THIS GAME

spectre187
08-28-2003, 03:28 PM
so soul calibur is THE superior xbox fighting game? what makes it better than doa 3?

Cryogenic Pyro
08-28-2003, 04:06 PM
I'll tell you why you should get it, because I like fighting games, but I'd never buy one, but SC2 changed that. I played the demo of SC2 for 8 hours or so already, and I'm not sick of it, and that's just the demo! I'd seriously consider purchasing this game if I wasn't buying a computer.

Go Nightmare! w00t!

If this game was on Live, I would scrap buying the computer, buy Live, and SC2 for sure, it's just that good.

spectre187
08-28-2003, 04:51 PM
awesome i love a good fighting game, i have mkda already (i got it free) its a good game, but i know sc is so much better...still tho, ufc is my all time fav fighter for the realism...i actually do that **** since i'm taking tai boxing, jiu jitsu, and some israeli special forces **** called haganah... in any case i think sc2 would be a worthy purchase and if i can find it tomorrow i'll pick it up :)

Cryogenic Pyro
08-28-2003, 11:51 PM
I changed my mind. I finally made my brain believe myself that I could never afford a computer without a job, so I just went and bought SC2. Best decision I've ever made. The game is 100x better than the demo. If you haven't played it, there's no way to describe how good it is.

I'd check out EBGames or Electronics Boutique. My local Electronics Boutique had what looked like 50+ copies of just the Xbox version. In the whole back case pretty much the only thing you could see was Soul Calibur II, and 75% of what you could see was the Xbox version.

spectre187
08-29-2003, 07:37 AM
i've got a best buy, gamestop, eb, and circuit city all in this one area... so if none of them have it i shall get the pipe bombs ready... juss playin lol

spectre187
08-29-2003, 03:13 PM
i just bought sc2... well worth the money, great, great game, best arcade style fighter yet...

nik2deep
08-29-2003, 06:18 PM
I'll tell you why its better than DOA3...because doa3 is for simple minded button mashers...that game lacks depth..

soul calibur is the bst fighter to master...because if you are good....you can just $hit on a button masher, unlike in other games a button masher can just walk on and whoop ass without nowing whats goin on...

and about the game getting old...I still play the DC version to this day...and I got it when It first came out...over 1000hrs between three systems have been logged on it...

Snoopy7548
08-31-2003, 10:33 AM
i hope i get it soon. i ordered it from amazon.com almost a week ago. it says that its gonna ship on the 5th, but they always ship it before the usual ship date or whatever. but i really hope it comes soon, i wanna play it. i played the demo and it was pretty cool.:D

JJaX
09-01-2003, 11:47 PM
JJaX Poops on DOA fans:p

I've defended my views on SC far too many times to be bothered with DOA fans.

Im sorrry about your gaming preferences.

http://www.ileet.net/images/noobpaddle.gif

Cryogenic Pyro
09-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by nik2deep
I'll tell you why its better than DOA3...because doa3 is for simple minded button mashers...that game lacks depth..

soul calibur is the bst fighter to master...because if you are good....you can just $hit on a button masher, unlike in other games a button masher can just walk on and whoop ass without nowing whats goin on...

and about the game getting old...I still play the DC version to this day...and I got it when It first came out...over 1000hrs between three systems have been logged on it...
Yep, if you know what you're doing, you can make the other player go through hell. I played with my bro for about half an hour, and I beat him every single time because he doesn't really play it, so all he could do is button mash. I don't hate it when people button mash, but I hate it when people button mash on characters that are easy to do it with(Necrid for example) and they already own the game.

kfw
09-24-2003, 07:33 PM
DOA3 was a good game, except it got boring in a day, Soul Caliber 2 has been so much fun, theres so many possiblitys :), Only 1 thing about Soul Caliber II i do not like theres no movie scenes for each character. Soul Caliber II is definetly the better game:cheers: