PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Football - ONLINE LEAGUE MODE??

robnyack
08-27-2003, 07:55 PM
I had to make this into it's own thread.

I was reading the TechTV review of ESPN Football

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=278044 (http://)

and the reviewer casually tossed out the following:

For online gamers, the excellent news is Sega has addressed the issue with cheaters (who would pause a game to force you out and avoid a loss). A new countdown timer on the pause screen fixes it nicely. There is also now the option to set up an online league, as well.

ONLINE LEAGUE???? What the hell is this guy talking about? ESPN Football is going to have an online league mode??? Has anyone heard of this? I don't believe it's true.

CrazyCougar
08-27-2003, 08:00 PM
I believe it was a mistake because I heard this a few weeks ago and havent found any info. I think he was getting confused with MS's XSN for Fever. Maybe he thought ESPN was to be included in XSN, dunno though.

robnyack
08-27-2003, 08:02 PM
if it was a mistake, the guy should be fired from his job! But before that ridiculed and laughed at until made to cry.

AlBoogy
08-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Sorry to say but thats PS2 only.

robnyack
08-27-2003, 08:03 PM

w..ww.....w......wh.......whh........whhaat?????

CrazyCougar
08-27-2003, 08:23 PM
Thats kinda what I was thinking......PS2 users only. Isnt that quite interesting.

Ugunnalose
08-27-2003, 08:50 PM
bah ps2 online is so weak i was playing at my friends house. all lag

prakeem
08-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

If that is true, then Sega has some problems. It's weak enough that EA only supports sony's online infrastructure, now Sega will implement leagues only into sony's half azz online service? WEAK!

DocHoliday78
08-27-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
No.....NoNoNoNoNoNoNo We did not just lose Sega. Man i swear if they start pulling some F*CKING EA BULL**** I HOPE THEY DIE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PS2 GETTING ALL OF THE MOTHER****ING EXCLUSIVES.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

prakeem
08-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

No.....NoNoNoNoNoNoNo We did not just lose Sega. Man i swear if they start pulling some F*CKING EA BULL**** I HOPE THEY DIE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PS2 GETTING ALL OF THE MOTHER****ING EXCLUSIVES.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Relax panty-knot dude, they're only getting the "league" option...

squid413
08-28-2003, 12:51 AM
the reason that the leagues are ps2 only is because sony doesn't run the online service so the developers can do whatever they want, wheras with xbox live its run by microsoft so they would have implemented it if they could have. i read this in an interview that was posted here and i'm lazy to search

Liquid Oxygen
08-28-2003, 01:40 AM
We will only know for sure when the game is released. Then there will be no second guessing.

robnyack
08-30-2003, 03:57 PM
we already know for sure......ESPN Football will have an online league mode for the ps2 and nothing of the kind for XBL

:cuss:

DocHoliday78
08-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by prakeem

Relax panty-knot dude, they're only getting the "league" option...
Yeah well having the league option woiuld be awesome since 2k4 is the only good football game online that we have. Fever sucks ass but it has the awesome XSN option. If only madden was online for us.:cry:

dances with broom sticks
08-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by squid413
the reason that the leagues are ps2 only is because sony doesn't run the online service so the developers can do whatever they want, wheras with xbox live its run by microsoft so they would have implemented it if they could have. i read this in an interview that was posted here and i'm lazy to search

But microsoft said that any other developers could implement something as similar to XSN as they wanted. MS isnt stopping sega from making online leagues. Unless sega wants to make people pay?

robnyack
08-31-2003, 10:05 AM
I don't know why ESPN Football will not have an online league mode for XBL, all I know is we don't have it and ps2 does. THAT STINKS.

I thought this was Sega we were talking about, not EA! Our biggest friend and for some reason, we have been left out of a MAJOR online enhancement.

I sure would like a statement from MS and Sega as to why this is. One thing does seem clear though, both sides appear to be trying to keep this under the radar.