PDA

View Full Version : OMG, OTOGI Kick's ArSe!

DOOM
08-28-2003, 06:55 AM
I Am Playing Otogi Now N I Must Say It's Quite AwesomE!
Dude's N Dudet's, Ladies N Gentlemen,
BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
I Sold Out 50+ Copies Yesterday Just From Showing The Demo Alone.....
I Got A Copy Rite Here And Have Been Playing Half The Night...
This Game Is Freaking Gorgeous N Fun!!!
Later... :cheers:

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 07:48 AM
It's an awesome game but extremely short, only 15hrs of gameplay :(

studepaber
08-28-2003, 08:23 AM
15 hours is short huh? I don't think that's bad for this type of game, sure it has RPG elements but it's more action IMO. I bought this and Soul Calibur 2 yesterday. Both are great games, most stores around me only received 3-5 copies of the game though :huh:, so I was lucky to get one.

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
15 hours is short huh? I don't think that's bad for this type of game, sure it has RPG elements but it's more action IMO. I bought this and Soul Calibur 2 yesterday. Both are great games, most stores around me only received 3-5 copies of the game though :huh:, so I was lucky to get one.

For a game of this caliber 15hrs is extremely short. If this game had 80+ hours of gameplay this would be flying off store shelves. The game is great don't get me wrong but way too short. You can honestly beat this game in 3 days. :o

studepaber
08-28-2003, 09:26 AM
You could probably beat this game in 15 hours, sure, but to unlock everything in the game will add to its longevity. There are more than 25 levels, over 30 weapons and several items to collect and you need to complete 100% of a level's objectives to unlock it (me thinks). Okay so the game isn't 80 hours long, how many action games are?

Chaotic
08-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
You could probably beat this game in 15 hours, sure, but to unlock everything in the game will add to its longevity. There are more than 25 levels, over 30 weapons and several items to collect and you need to complete 100% of a level's objectives to unlock it (me thinks). Okay so the game isn't 80 hours long, how many action games are?

not many, but i think this game would be a great rpg/action game with 80+ hrs :)

Dark Enemy
08-28-2003, 10:00 AM
For me it isnt short. I take my time with games. For an example i finished golden eye for N64 after a year. I beat halo in six months. I still havent beaten splinter cell. Im on the second level or first if you count the training as a level:o.

JJaX
08-28-2003, 10:30 AM
I would imagine 15 hours is long for an action game.

crimson tide
08-28-2003, 10:50 AM
otogi passed my gamespot test scoring above a 7.5 so i will get it. most of the japanses x box games ived played i liked.

Shadow20002
08-28-2003, 02:01 PM
15 hours should be not enough to keep you putting it on the xbox after you finish it but one thing you should know, there are lot secrets in each stage so maybe, the replay value is very high rating. And one more thing, they are writing 15 hours, that's mean if you know all the paths, where to go, any stage, etc. but first time, i think you must looking around a little bit more to find your way.

borka105
08-28-2003, 02:30 PM
the game is considered an RPG, but it's an action game at heart. 15 hours of solid none-stop action is more than worthwile.

can't wait to get this game soon.....

-borka105

Ugunnalose
08-28-2003, 11:36 PM
i might get otogi. is it worth $50?

Nosferatu187
08-29-2003, 12:52 AM
I might rent it.. If its only 15 hours of gameplay.. I aint gonna spend $50.00 want a little more for my money If ya know what I mean:D

Chaotic
08-29-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by duschbag
i might get otogi. is it worth $50?

It only cost $39.99 and it's worth that price :)

DOOM
08-29-2003, 09:44 AM
Dude, I Would Have Paid 60. For It...
The Game Rocks!;)

Chaotic
08-29-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by DOOM
Dude, I Would Have Paid 60. For It...
The Game Rocks!;)

Yes the game is good.

The 15hrs gameplay they stated i think is BS IMO :o

Shadow20002
08-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage

Yes the game is good.

The 15hrs gameplay they stated i think is BS IMO :o

Stop going with 15 hours of gameplay, just get it and play. ;)

l Maximus l
08-29-2003, 03:12 PM
How does the full version compare with the OXM demo? I thought the game was like an upscale Azurik with better fighting effects. That's what I was left with after the demo. I'm sure the full version has to be better, but, how?

Chaotic
08-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

Stop going with 15 hours of gameplay, just get it and play. ;)

Don't worry, I have it already ;)

Chaotic
08-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
How does the full version compare with the OXM demo? I thought the game was like an upscale Azurik with better fighting effects. That's what I was left with after the demo. I'm sure the full version has to be better, but, how?

It's like a gunvalkrie type game with way better controls,graphics,gameplay,story line. The final build is much cleaner then the OXM demo. The game is actuatly pretty awesome:D

Kraft
08-29-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I seroiusly don't understand how people have developed this conception of Otogi being a simple run around and hit stuff type game from playing the demo. A lot of the fun comes from the complex fighting system that is best described as aerial gymnastics. Laying together a 15 hit combo in the air and killing 3 evil demons without touching the ground is crazy fun. This game as looked like a winner since E3 (as I voted it the best platformer there) and it has not disappointed now that it is released.

Madonion
08-29-2003, 05:35 PM
This website rates Otogi a 5 out of 10. OUCH!

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/MainContent/Xbox/Otogi/Otogi.htm

lxc
08-30-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Madonion
This website rates Otogi a 5 out of 10. OUCH!

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/MainContent/Xbox/Otogi/Otogi.htm
Yeah and guess what they're rating? The Japanese version. It's said that the game was improved upon for the American release.

Oh and did you not notice all the other sites that have been loving this game? Got a 8.3 in EGM, 8.3 IGN, 8.4 GS and a 9 in the Official Xbox Magazine.

I have seriously not heard one person who bought this saying they regretted buying it.

thrAsher
08-30-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by lxc

Yeah and guess what they're rating? The Japanese version. It's said that the game was improved upon for the American release.

Oh and did you not notice all the other sites that have been loving this game? Got a 8.3 in EGM, 8.3 IGN, 8.4 GS and a 9 in the Official Xbox Magazine.

I have seriously not heard one person who bought this saying they regretted buying it.

Yeah, but low 8's mean something's clunky. Usually. What's the gripe w/ Otogi? I've heard 'short', but other than that, I've heard good things.

And that's if you look at ratings. ;p

lxc
08-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher

Yeah, but low 8's mean something's clunky. Usually. What's the gripe w/ Otogi? I've heard 'short', but other than that, I've heard good things.

And that's if you look at ratings. ;p
Well I don't see it that way. Low 7's to me means something is "clunky". Low 8's to me are games that are good and only have a few problems (people seem to think Otogi is short and that the camera is a little crazy).

But yeah, who the hell cares about ratings anyway. They don't mean anything. It's not like you should enjoy the game any less if it doesn't get a 9 or above. I say, listen to word of mouth and the word of mouth on Otogi is that it's great.

Diddy
08-30-2003, 08:26 PM
i played the OXM demo, its was pretty good looking and for some reason fun. I thought it was dumb at first, then i got bored and tried it. A few minutes later I had played the demo like 6 times.

thrAsher
08-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Alright, I picked up Otogi. And what a hunk of crap.

That was a joke. I've been playing 3 hours or so and have to say it is exactly what I hoped it would be. It has gorgeous graphics, fluid gameplay, and a dreamy, pseudo-psychotic ambience. I'll have more to say when I've beaten it, but as it stands, I love everything except the camera. I've found clicking the left thumbstick to center the view easier than toying w/ the camera.

And again, wow. This game is why I always try to buy Xbox Only titles.

*edit* lxc: a low to mid 8 doesn't spell disaster, but I'm wary of anything rated lower. And as far as checking scores and reading reviews, ultimately it comes down to gut instinct for me, regardless of what I read or see.

darintenb
08-30-2003, 10:48 PM
deleted

darintenb
08-30-2003, 11:24 PM
deleted

Chaotic
08-31-2003, 01:29 AM
I love this game.

Damn Priest gave me problems for awhile :cuss: but now i kicked his ass. Those fireballs are non stop. :mad:

darintenb
08-31-2003, 03:18 AM
deleted

DOOM
08-31-2003, 05:25 AM
I Am Really Enjoying This Game But HOW THE HELL Do You Beat That Blue Guy With The RED Hair... He Is Freaking Kicking My But!!!:watchout:

RudedogX
09-02-2003, 10:35 AM
Looks like I'm definetly going to have to pick up this game sometime soon.

thrAsher
09-02-2003, 10:44 AM
I Am Really Enjoying This Game But HOW THE HELL Do You Beat That Blue Guy With The RED Hair... He Is Freaking Kicking My But!!!:watchout: I got to him last night. He is a tough bastage. I found I could really womp up on him if I got in close and dashed around him swinging. The dash attack also seemed to work pretty well. I didn't get him, but I got close a couple of times.

And rude, dude, buy the game. Best $40 I've spent in a long time.

Chaotic
09-03-2003, 03:47 PM
I got to him last night. He is a tough bastage. I found I could really womp up on him if I got in close and dashed around him swinging. The dash attack also seemed to work pretty well. I didn't get him, but I got close a couple of times.

And rude, dude, buy the game. Best $40 I've spent in a long time.

I agree ;)

Trento52
09-07-2003, 01:41 AM
I just got Otogi today with soul calibur and dead or alive 3 was platinum and i got that too. I didn't have much time to play but it is pretty hard to me and i am on the dead preist guy. Dead or alive 3 is so cool how you kick them off the cliff and jump into the next arena below. Soul calibur is awsome too but spawn has corny sayings.

Brnthngs
09-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Ok Doom, heres the theory behind big mean blue guy w/ red hair. He's got his strong attacks, but he leaves himself vulnerable when he attacks and jumps. You have about 2-3 seconds to get him w/ a combo after each attack. Read his moves and be sure to get in close, use your agility to your advantage. Just using a strong attack will waste the opportunity he gives you after he attacks, and you'll wanna maximize the hits you get in, just dodge his energy blasts cause I couldn't figure out how to hit those back at him. I used the sword you got from killing the big @$$ raven cause it will decrease his defence and thats always a good thing.

Shadow20002
09-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Ahh.. You guys get me burning from the shadows.....I gonna get it today i think !! :cool:

DOOM
09-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Man, This Game Is Still Freaking Selling!!!
OTOGI is The Best Game I Have played In A Long While...
The Gameplay & Graphics Are Sick!
If You Havent Gotten This Game Yet, GET IT NOW!:cheers:

Shadow20002
09-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Op, just got it last night...playing around 3 to 5 AM. :cool:

Today just doing my review of it... :p

This game will be your choice if you are asking something similar like DMC......... :D

thrAsher
09-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Anybody happen to know how to get past the shielded door on the level where you first meet the red-headed demon (the one where you have to free the Essence of Gold)?

I happened across it playing through the level for a better score. It's along a long, winding hallway. Every time I try to attack the door or walk up to it, a shield blasts me back across the hall.

Shadow20002
09-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Umm..in the stage where in the first time you meet the demon with red hair ? If it is, can you show me where to get there ? I try to best every stage...hey maybe there are weapon hiding in there. Just try to slash it several times, maybe the force shield will disappear after a while.

DOOM
09-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Dude, Just Wate For The Red Haired Demon Guy To Come Out... That's The Room He Comes Out From... Just Go In After He Opens The Door To Leave...
I Beat The Game This Morning & Am Now Playing Through It Again All powerd Up!!!
GOD This Game Kicks Butt!!!:cheers:

Shadow20002
09-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Geesh....you are fast huh ? :p

I try to unlock everything in the game. :watchout:

thrAsher
09-16-2003, 11:03 AM
Dude, Just Wate For The Red Haired Demon Guy To Come Out... That's The Room He Comes Out From... Just Go In After He Opens The Door To Leave...
I Beat The Game This Morning & Am Now Playing Through It Again All powerd Up!!!
GOD This Game Kicks Butt!!!:cheers: Nice job, DOOM. I wish I had more time to put into Otogi. :(

I did play last night, and figured out how to get in the Big Red Door. I was hoping for something to be hidden there, like a Mercy Orb or a weapon, maybe. :(

Shadow20002
09-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Nice job, DOOM. I wish I had more time to put into Otogi. :(

I did play last night, and figured out how to get in the Big Red Door. I was hoping for something to be hidden there, like a Mercy Orb or a weapon, maybe. :(

*Spoilers*

There are one Mercy Orb in the room where you see the cut-scenes you fight with the red hair demon ! Try to use strong attack on the walls, you must unlock a path to the room where you must fight the big diamond (don't know how to call it) to get the Mercy Orb.

Also, if someone aren't notice in the first stage there are also a Mercy Orb. In the beginning, try to go far straight ahead then you will meet it.