PDA

View Full Version : Raw 2

DocHoliday78
08-29-2003, 03:29 PM
I just watched the new Raw Trailer at gametrailers. Its looking pretty nice so far but i am still wondering about the gameplay. People have said that its playing much more like the n64 wrestling games which were always the best. There was one thing that bothered me though and that was how outdated the story line was. It showed the NWO which isnt together, Kane still had his mask on, and had the Hardy boys still as a tag team. I have been a pretty hardcore wrestling fan for about 10 years now and i was hoping they woulda updated some of that stuff. Atleast they got goldberg.

Xbox Owner
08-29-2003, 03:52 PM
There's been a lot of rumors about Anchor suprising us, because they had a roster a few weeks ago, and now released a screen shot of the wrestler menue, and it had someone not include in teh roster, a-train. (meh) but team angle is HIGHLY rumored to be in, and a month ago, THQ said Kane might be unmasked as a alterniate attire.

BTW, that trailer is from 2002.:D Try getting the new ones at IGN.

Hugopolo
08-29-2003, 04:06 PM
My brother has all of the smack down games and i think we will go with smackdown 5 it shows more promise than Raw 2

BORNGD
08-29-2003, 04:32 PM
yea its too bad, but smackdown 5 looks good with a nice story line also....who knows though? the first raw was awful in my opinion

DocHoliday78
08-29-2003, 05:02 PM
I hate smackdown's gameplay. I havent played any of the recent ones but wrestling games suck when you have to hit up, down and x to do a ddt or another move. Also i noticed that angle still had hair in raws preview. If this game plays at all close to wrestlemania 2000 (Best wrestling game ever) it will destroy Smackdown 5.

jelgiad
08-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by BORNGD
yea its too bad, but smackdown 5 looks good with a nice story line also....who knows though? the first raw was awful in my opinion

wrestling games have a storyline? i never knew that

DocHoliday78
08-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad

wrestling games have a storyline? i never knew that
You gotta be kidding. Thats what makes the replay value so good. You can choose diffrent paths, make friends or enemies and get diffrent endings. Also unlockables are nice.

mitchrules1
08-30-2003, 04:23 PM
Ya Raw 2 does look sweet. i hated the first raw as well. I hope the 2nd one will uphold my dream of a good wrestling game on the Xbox. Smackdown is a good game.

lllSmokelll
08-30-2003, 06:44 PM
ahhhhhh!!!

Smackdown 5's gfx are nowhere as nice as Raw 2 :)

DocHoliday78
08-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by lllSmokelll
ahhhhhh!!!

Smackdown 5's gfx are nowhere as nice as Raw 2 :)
Damn straight, Smackdown's gameplay was much better just becasue it felt like a wrestling game. Raw felt like the Arcade version of Wrestlemania.

Variation-XBA
08-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Im gunna be poor after buying SM5, Raw2, WMXIX, and BYW :( sigh...

X-Fan
08-30-2003, 11:53 PM
i think the first raw was a solid attempt with a great game engine and the second raw will blow us all away.

DocHoliday78
08-31-2003, 02:53 AM
X i hope you are right. I am glad to also find out that they got rid of those stupid crate unlockable things. That was just lame. Does anyone know if Fred Durst is gonna be coming back in the game becasue that was the worst unlockable character ever.

Hugopolo
08-31-2003, 04:39 PM
Yeah i hear hes coming back in a tag team with eminem this year

Marc
08-31-2003, 10:26 PM
I hope you guys are right that Raw 2 wil be great. The first Raw SUCKED.

Variation-XBA
09-01-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by X-Fan
i think the first raw was a solid attempt with a great game engine and the second raw will blow us all away.

Your kidding right? That was the worst engine ever...I so hope its a new overhaul of everything... =/

DocHoliday78
09-01-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Hugopolo
Yeah i hear hes coming back in a tag team with eminem this year
Oh geez, i wouldnt be suprised. WWE lately has been trying to push a new artist every ppv. Metallica's St. Anger was Summerslam's theme. I dont like the song that much but Metallica has got me respect.

Variation-XBA
09-01-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
I dont like the song that much but Metallica has got me respect.

Ever since napster days, I go out of my way to bash them and generally bad things to their name :)

X-Fan
09-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Variation

Your kidding right? That was the worst engine ever...I so hope its a new overhaul of everything... =/
dude listen i liked the engine and u did'nt so whats wrong wid it.i was just stating my opinion and if u dont agree wid it fine but dont criticize me for what i like and dislike.:watchout:

DocHoliday78
09-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Variation

Ever since napster days, I go out of my way to bash them and generally bad things to their name :)
It was Lars i thought, but you gotta realize that people are stealing their money. I download music to sample most of the time but i also use it to get the one hit wonders.

Variation-XBA
09-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by X-Fan

dude listen i liked the engine and u did'nt so whats wrong wid it.i was just stating my opinion and if u dont agree wid it fine but dont criticize me for what i like and dislike.:watchout:

And I was of mine too...way to get all defensive :P