PDA

View Full Version : What improvements would you like to see in NFL Fever 2005?

Madonion
08-30-2003, 04:46 PM
What improvements would you like to see in NFL Fever 2005?

I have NFL Fever 2004 and it's a big improvement over the past versions. They still have a way to go.

1. Fix the damn animations. NFL 2k3/ ESPN 2004 is the standard when it comes to fluid animation. The players look like they are taking speed & downers. WTF?

2. Use texturing that represents the real world not Mario world. Earth tones please.

3. Improve the player models & if your going to use coaches then do it right.

4. Loose some of the light sources. When on the field at night, the stadium lights are giving my player and others 4 shadows each. It's realistic but it also effects the frame rate. I hate games with poor frame rates with a passion!!!!!

5. Add more and better commentary.

6. More animations, Im mean thousands. Do not do key framing where there are skips in the animation. It's retarded looking.

7. Patent the new read & lead passing system that you have because others will take what is by far the most impressive additon to this series or any football game for that matter.

8. Fix the bugs. When I throw a ball to a reciever and it hit's him in the face mask then falls to the ground, dont call that a fumble. Im sure there are plenty more I havent ran into yet.

9. Add more things to unlock in the practice mode. See Madden on how this is done.

10. If you want a real simulation then I suggest adding ragdoll physics to the tackles. Use mathmatics here not animation sequences. With ragdoll physics anything can & will happen...just like the real world. Check out Havoks demo on ragdoll physics. You dont even have to change the game engine.

I made this thread in hopes that a Microsoft developer would stop by...Fat chance but who knows. Looks like Ill be getting ESPN 2004 by Sega this year also. I never bought 2 football games before. Im keeping Fever 2004 because it's not a bad game and I love the read & lead passing. I give Fever 2004 an 8.0 after playing for 3 days(15 hours of gameplay). Not the best but not bad either.

CrazyCougar
08-30-2003, 05:15 PM
Dont even bother making another Fever game. That would be the biggest improvement in my opinion.

But, the gameplay needs to feel like its on the ground and not running on air. Gamespeed needs to be elevated a bit its like molasses. The long ball threat on every play just needs to go away period. The commentray needs revamped, new voices instead of the monotone play by play they have. Pitts aint to bad. Some game glitches, like punting the ball out of bounds and having it bounce back into the field of play only to be a live ball.

Thats just to name a few, but I could go on.

UG!

NPYYZ
08-31-2003, 12:02 PM
NFL fever hasn't even been out for one week yet and your already starting thread about what improvements should be made next year??? WTF dude, play the game and have some damn fun. If you want a more realistic football game then get ESPN this coming week. Fever has improved a lot since last years stale effort.

Personally I don't want Fever to be like ESPN or Madden, I like playing a gme with a different feel to it. Fever is not the best football game on the market, but is a solid, fun, and exciting game to play. Better then madden in my book.
:cheers:

PS: The only problem I have with fever after playing 12 games or so is, The moron announcer keeps calling Trent Green Gresie. "Gresie drops back" What an idiot. These two are the worst announcers in sports gaming, lose them.

axe
09-04-2003, 08:48 PM
ya true that, i find fever a lot more fun than Madden for instance. Madden allways tends to be kind of slow and boring. I think fever tends to be more fast paced and fun. bigger tackles, bigger laughs, just like that NFL Blitz series! Pro.

CarGuy
09-04-2003, 09:00 PM
There's no point, they should focus on something else becuse Fever is way behind EA and Sega.

DocHoliday78
09-12-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by NPYYZ
NFL fever hasn't even been out for one week yet and your already starting thread about what improvements should be made next year??? WTF dude, play the game and have some damn fun. If you want a more realistic football game then get ESPN this coming week. Fever has improved a lot since last years stale effort.

Personally I don't want Fever to be like ESPN or Madden, I like playing a gme with a different feel to it. Fever is not the best football game on the market, but is a solid, fun, and exciting game to play. Better then madden in my book.
:cheers:

PS: The only problem I have with fever after playing 12 games or so is, The moron announcer keeps calling Trent Green Gresie. "Gresie drops back" What an idiot. These two are the worst announcers in sports gaming, lose them.

I think you mean that this years version was stale. This game letdown alot of ppl including me. Thank god for ESPN and NCAA football

Robflare
09-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Last year's effort, or lack there of, was a big let down, but this year it's a really enjoyable game. I have Fever and ESPN and I keep going back to Fever. I personally feel Fever's running game is much more realistic than ESPN. Broken tackles are just ridiculous on ESPN this year. Read and Lead passing is clearly the most realistic passing function in football and a much better and useful idea than FPF and ownership mode. Changes I would like to see include the following:

1) Add banners and wall details to the stadiums.
2) Increase animations for players
3) Dump the 4 foot jump and spike by the db's when batting down passes
4) Look at how Madden does replays....The players don't have that weird looking white outline around the helmets.
5) Increase the length of the player's legs and make them more detailed. Upper body/torso looks fine.
6) Add more team specific formations in the play calling screens
7)Dump Callabro--stick with Pitts, maybe get a guy like "Scott Farrell" from 560QAM in South Florida to do the color and let Pitts do the play by play
8)Use Street and Smith or something to get more accurate player ratings.

Things I wouldn't change:
1) Read and Lead passing--maybe tweak it some, but it's awesome
2) The grass--it's the best in the business
3) The running game. I think Fever's running game is the best of the three. It's realistic, and if you call the right play, you can make some good gains.
4)Don't make completing the long pass impossible. It's kind of cool to be able to occasionally complete the 50 yarder!

CC-CRC
09-20-2003, 08:52 PM
i agree with all other suggestions but one other thing no one ever mentions.... CREATE A TEAM!... i dont wanna edit an existing team... by far madden has the best create-a-team but i havent gotten espn football yet... anyway... i wish you could make a team not edit, also it sounds like the commintators are taking through a bad microphone.