PDA

View Full Version : SC2: Favorite characters (Not a poll)

Slayer02
08-31-2003, 01:21 AM
I don't think there is enough room to fit all the characters, so just post the characters you use/like.

Fave Chars

1st Raphael (This guy kicks soooooo much ass it's not even funny.)

2nd Spawn (I think it's his Angel of Darkness throw + Necroblast... makes one awesome, damaging, combination.)

3rd Ivy (I don't play her much, but if played properly, she kicks ass.)

Hated Chars

Necrid (The cheap, button mashing character. I despise him. Though now I can take him out pretty easily with Raphael.)

The Jackal
08-31-2003, 02:26 AM
even though this game doesnt have a lot of characters, the ones it has are awesome... so many good designs... Spawn is kick ass in this game for sure though... FINALLY a game wheres he looks good... other good designs are Raphael, Nightmare, Yunsung, and Ivy (but shes tough to use)

Liquid Gears
08-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Raphael for is for sure my elite character in Soul Calibur II.

Secondly would have to be Spawn. Ya gotta love the airborne special attacks.

And thirdly goes to Cervantes. This guy can do some serious damage with his stab attacks and his air combos.

studepaber
08-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Gotta go with Ivy - some kick a$$ throws and sadist attitude :D
and Voldo - unorthodox fighting style that makes your newb friends go, "huh?"

Dyslexic Chaos
08-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Mine are...

#1) Nightmare/Siegfried. He is AWESOME in the hands of a skilled player.

#2) Ivy. Hella cool and awesome ling range attacks, although she is vulnerable up close.

#3) Spawn: Deadly from anywhere, but a little cheap.

Variation-XBA
09-01-2003, 02:17 AM
I solely use Talim :)

And I wont play anyone thats Kilik cause he's cheap as hell :P

Cryogenic Pyro
09-01-2003, 05:38 PM
I like Nightmare and Talim. Two awesome characters right there.

Dre
09-01-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Variation
And I wont play anyone thats Kilik cause he's cheap as hell :P

Why is he cheap?

The Jackal: If you ask me, this game has quite alot of characters. 23 playable characters is a very big number of characters in a fighting game. What 3d fighter do you know of with more?

The Jackal
09-01-2003, 10:41 PM
im not comparing it to 3d games cause most of them are sh*t... i mean compared to things like marvel vs capcom 2 that has 56 characters... this game just did a good job with developing all the characters

RudedogX
09-02-2003, 09:01 AM
I've gotta go with Talim. I'm not sure about the other characters yet though, I've pretty much devoted my time to her so far.

Yannie Boy
09-02-2003, 10:34 AM
1)Talim and Ivy - equally
2)Nightmare
3)Kilik
4)Yung

Shadow20002
09-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by The Jackal
im not comparing it to 3d games cause most of them are sh*t... i mean compared to things like marvel vs capcom 2 that has 56 characters... this game just did a good job with developing all the characters

Hehe.... Jackal you must update, not return back to time with Marvel VS Capcom series. Yea, i know that this one is like having the most characters in a fighting game but you should look a little bit on the poor side a little. Check the fighting styles, they are all the same with everyone in the game. What is different is each one have some special attacks but keep throwing, kicking or punching the same way. Hey by the way, you can win the game just using Ryu by throwing a blue ball repetitively. Soul Calibur 2 or Dead or Alive 3 is always a pleasure to play cause there are lot moves you can perform in these ones. :p

Oops... just forget what are my favorite ones !! :D

Mitsurugi Heishiro - Samurai-style
Nightmare - with his big sword, you can win easily but be warned that this one is very slow

TheCovenant
09-07-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

Hehe.... Jackal you must update, not return back to time with Marvel VS Capcom series. Yea, i know that this one is like having the most characters in a fighting game but you should look a little bit on the poor side a little. Check the fighting styles, they are all the same with everyone in the game. What is different is each one have some special attacks but keep throwing, kicking or punching the same way. Hey by the way, you can win the game just using Ryu by throwing a blue ball repetitively. Soul Calibur 2 or Dead or Alive 3 is always a pleasure to play cause there are lot moves you can perform in these ones. :p

Oops... just forget what are my favorite ones !! :D

Mitsurugi Heishiro - Samurai-style
Nightmare - with his big sword, you can win easily but be warned that this one is very slow

yea he's right, jackal. Mvc2 had a lot of characters, but how many tournaments you been too where poeple use teams other than magneto, psylock, storm?

lol.

Soul CAlibur 2 and Dead or ALive 3 are awsome games, and with so much variety and balance, anyone can use anyone and it will always be fair.

anyways.

I have two poeple that i mastered.

Ivy (Isabella Valentine)
Cervantez
SPawn (hes good, but i havent mastered him yet.

Cervantez turned out to be a very likable character, but i have way more air combos with ivy.

Zonza
09-08-2003, 10:03 AM
1 Talim

2 Nightmare

3 Cervantes

The Jackal
09-08-2003, 03:38 PM
thats what i was sayin by comparing this to mvc2... it had lots of characters but some were just pathetic (ie. Amingo)... and pepole tend to stick to the same ol top tier fighters.... but with SC 2 every character is used and are all unique

kenji
09-10-2003, 05:37 PM
1. Spawn 'cause he is a badass.
2. Raphael 'cause he is quick and easy to use.
And that is all.

JJaX
09-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Nightmare is probabley my hardest fighter.

I play a mean mitsurugi and spawn as well.

DIGITAL
09-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Cervantes an spawn
:cheers:

Spaztic
09-19-2003, 10:17 AM
I cannot be beat when playing nightmare. He is definatly my favorite.
2. maxi
3. kilik
4. ivy

kfw
09-24-2003, 07:28 PM
1. Raphael
2. Spawn
3. Ivy

Raphael is my favorite now, i just started i am very bad with other characters, I only had time to play a couple characters.

GrimLin/Oddy
09-27-2003, 07:42 AM
1.Raphael, hes ez to use :D
2. Xinghua, shes cool and looks nice :p
3. Nightmare, prolly my fave but i need more practice with em :o

btw i got the game yesterday, how can i do wall combos? i suck lol