PDA

View Full Version : Walmart REplacing xboxs>?

El Latino Mafioso
08-31-2003, 07:42 AM
I read about it in a different topic, They said that walmart would exchange the xbox you have(broken) for a good working one, is that true and what would you need to do that?...l8ter

Ford Mustang
08-31-2003, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything about this.

Yankeez
08-31-2003, 02:30 PM
well if you have a broken xbox you could just buy a new one and open it up and throw ur old one in the box and say i dont want it anymore im returning it

Genocide
08-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it works, I've done it about three or four times (don't ask why, it's a long story)

It doesn't matter if it's a launch Xbox, as long as you have the original packaging (and even sometimes if you don't, but you'll probably need a reciept for that)

If you trade in an Xbox, reg controller, power cord and AV cable.
They'll give you a new Xbox, controller S, power cord and AV cable. Wal-mart keeps the extra's that they package with the Xbox now, because you don't have those to exchange. You leave with a ''what you came with" in a sense.

FuNkY mOnK
09-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Yes this is true; also while they figure you're down at the store they'll replace your ratty ass TV with a HD one. Wow Wal-Mart’s the sh-it!

Floodman
09-01-2003, 02:00 PM
So, I just called the XBOX Support Line, and they said I'd have to send it in, and pay 110 bucks because its off warranty. But I can just go to walmart with the original packaging and trade it in? Please tell me its true.

mitchrules1
09-02-2003, 02:56 AM
Lies all LIES

SnoochyBoochy
09-02-2003, 06:02 PM
i got my box from wal mart, but i didnt know my own strength so i smashed the styrofoam into little bits.

what games did you guys get with ur box?

blackdeath
09-02-2003, 07:53 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if walmart was doing it. officially they have like a 90 day return policy i believe on stuff but MS is good about giving credit for bad xbox's so as a customer service issue, they usually will always exchange your box for you. i doubt they would do a return on it though...exchanges are always easy to do unless your an ass to them, then they will just read u their return policy and tell u to go screw yourself....

CarGuy
09-03-2003, 07:29 AM
OK guys here's the honest truth........

They WILL take back and exchange anything.. However, as with 99% of stores they will NOT refund $$$ for electronics. They will exchange your item for a new one or give you store credit. (ie a gift card with $179.99) I took back my gameboy advance with NO reciept and they gave me store credit for it. They WILL exchange your Xbox if the conditions are right. A big factor is the actual person doing the exchange. If he/she thinks you're full of sh** they can tell you to go to h*ll. I suggest having a girlfriend/mom/female friend do it because women have a better chance. My GF took back my GBA and told them she bought it for her little brother and it doesnt work. Remeber it all depends on the store, some are more lenient with returns than others. And if you go in talking like "Yo homie can i return dis Xbox, this sh*t aint workin' yo'" with your Eminem t-shirt on don't be suprised when they say "No".

VeNoMiZA
09-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by CarGuy
OK guys here's the honest truth........

They WILL take back and exchange anything.. However, as with 99% of stores they will NOT refund $$$ for electronics. They will exchange your item for a new one or give you store credit. (ie a gift card with $179.99) I took back my gameboy advance with NO reciept and they gave me store credit for it. They WILL exchange your Xbox if the conditions are right. A big factor is the actual person doing the exchange. If he/she thinks you're full of sh** they can tell you to go to h*ll. I suggest having a girlfriend/mom/female friend do it because women have a better chance. My GF took back my GBA and told them she bought it for her little brother and it doesnt work. Remeber it all depends on the store, some are more lenient with returns than others. And if you go in talking like "Yo homie can i return dis Xbox, this sh*t aint workin' yo'" with your Eminem t-shirt on don't be suprised when they say "No". biggest bullshii i had read in awhile.

Professor Kaos
09-03-2003, 04:05 PM
NO, they WILL NOT exchange one for another. I have tried and faild apon this task. They tell you to call 18004myxbox and then they tell u to play like 100 bucks and send it to them. Or atleast this is what happened to me.

CarGuy
09-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
biggest bullshii i had read in awhile.

I'm not lying. I admit im not sure about Xbox's but they DID take back my my gameboy advance last christmas. They gave me a store gift card and i used it to buy a PS2.

VeNoMiZA
09-03-2003, 07:53 PM

I'm not lying. I admit im not sure about Xbox's but they DID take back my my gameboy advance last christmas. They gave me a store gift card and i used it to buy a PS2. so your telling me that in order for me to returned my damaged xbox to wal mart. i have to dress like a preety boy? or esle they wont give me a new one huh? thats the biggest ***** i have ever heard. and if its like that, then those ****** in your area racists rednecks. simple as that.

* don't avoid the censors*

CarGuy
09-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
so your telling me that in order for me to returned my damaged xbox to wal mart. i have to dress like a preety boy? or esle they wont give me a new one huh? thats the biggest bullshat i have ever heard. and if its like that, then those cok sukas in your area racists rednecks. simple as that.

Racist Rednecks? in Florida?!? Go figure...

VeNoMiZA
09-04-2003, 12:01 PM

Racist Rednecks? in Florida?!? Go figure... hmmmmmmmmmmm...... didnt see what state your in. oh well.

mattgame
09-04-2003, 01:09 PM
This thread went from xbox lies to Florida racism? Cut it out ladies or I'll have you reported to CC.:mad:

jdierksen45
04-13-2005, 01:13 AM
yeah i planned on doing the same, however i opened my xbox in the attempt to try and fix it.. im pretty sure that it may be a problem. i know the barcode is damaged and i think it shows thru the box and its probably supposed to be scanned. anyone tried taking back one that might have been opened after replacing it in another box? or just any other ideas to get it back... oh yeah, i plan on taking it to walmart. cuz walmart is god!

Variation-XBA
04-13-2005, 02:22 AM
If they were smart they would have scanned the barcode of the one you bought, so you cant return a different one, and once they are opened, warranties are void and they shouldnt return them, they even got signs up now of it.

Spaztic
04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Wal-Mart exchanges everything. It all depends on how well you can social engineer within the company. I have returned opened games there before and traded them for new ones.

jdierksen45
04-13-2005, 09:31 AM
so say i bought a new xbox and replaced my old, broken xbox with the new one and took it back. They notice that the seal on the warranty and barcode is broken (cuz i did open up my xbox console) would it work to say that they had sold me it this way and thats why it doesnt work? so basically what im asking is do they resale the returned xbox's?

Kmart6
04-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Well the Wal-Mart here took mine back with no receipt and I even got the 2 games that it was packaged with at the time.
This was over a year aftyer I had purchased the original

Kmart6
04-13-2005, 09:34 AM
You opened the xbox? Well that may be a different story then.

jdierksen45
04-13-2005, 09:38 AM
yeah.. so am i basically screwed then cuz actually i was kinda careful about opening it as far as the barcode and serial number stickers are concerned. i cut just a hole where the screws were so the hole is only about 1/4" in diameter. so maybe they wont notice and if they did im wondering if they resale returned xbox's so i could use the excuse that they sold me a returned broken one?? im just paranoid about being caught.. probably isnt as big of a deal as im making it be, but just in case.