PDA

View Full Version : MP3s on the Xbox

mda01sjk
08-31-2003, 01:47 PM
Hey i'm not 2 keyed in on how the xbox stores music but i've seen some sites that say if you burn mp3s onto a blank cdrw and make sure you close the session then the xbox can stick them on its hard disk. I've had no luck this way. was just wondering if anyone knows any way of me getting mp3s from my pc onto my xbox as it dosnt seem to like cdrs.
any help much appreciated ta

Yankeez
08-31-2003, 02:26 PM
well if you burned teh mp3s on a cdrw it should have worked cdrs are not supposed to work on the xbox you can send mp3 from pc to xbox but u would need a modchip. I like sending pc to xbox since the speed is 6mb which is like 1 and a half songs a second

:D

hope that helps

:cheers:

trabucles
08-31-2003, 07:03 PM
I've used a CD/RW from LG wich comes free with my burner , these cd/rw works on the xbox, i mean i can burn mp3 on this cdrw and the xbox plays it.

WynnFire
09-01-2003, 02:22 AM
Just wait till October when the Xbox Music Mixer comes out, you will be able to transfer your MP3's and WMA's to the Xbox HDD. That's what I'm going to do, I will probably just toss the microphone though, I won't have any use for it.

Nosferatu187
09-01-2003, 03:10 AM
I took one of my CDs that I burned onto a CD-R and popped it into my xbox and copied it just fine to my hd.. I even set 2-3 of the tracks to play on Madden 04 so... You dont necessarily need a CD-RW:)

mda01sjk
09-01-2003, 01:28 PM
i did a load of research about this last night and found that the xbox is a funny little thing. some CD-Rs work but it depends on the make and it helps if you record it at the slowest speed. Most makes of CD RW work if written at low speeds but a few makes dont. There are quite a few modchips which you can install that let you network pc to xbox and thats probably the easyest way as you dont need to fill your xbox with mp3s you can just play them off the network.
thanks for the help neway

Shadow20002
09-01-2003, 02:14 PM
With the help of Music Mixer, there are lot of fun for your Xbox this Christmas. :cool:

xthugking
09-01-2003, 04:04 PM
aint discussions about modchips not allowed here?

DocHoliday78
09-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by xthugking
aint discussions about modchips not allowed here?
Nobody has talked about mod chips, music mixer is gonna be a game/application for xbox