PDA

View Full Version : out of the loop

dances with broom sticks
06-21-2001, 09:06 AM
i lost my interent for close to a month due to my peice of crap computer not working... well that means im down on my xbox knowledge... when i left there was not going to be internet play for halo. i was wondering if it is still a definete no, or is there a chance now that we might get internet play?

EIGamerzX
06-21-2001, 09:10 AM
Honestly I don't think that any more has been said about the subject, Nothing probably will until microsoft sets out the guidelines for their network

munchee
06-21-2001, 12:11 PM
i read that halo wont have online capability since its going to be a launch title, and microsoft wont be starting its online services til the first part of next year

dances with broom sticks
06-21-2001, 09:08 PM
that really blows!

Severe_Tire_Damage
06-21-2001, 11:36 PM
How is the internet going to work on the xbox? Will it be like the Sega Dreamcast? Do they have a keyboard and a mouse? Give me the 411 on this suckka.

Cyrus
06-22-2001, 07:23 AM
Halo will have multiplayer enabled at launch..I just saw the new E3 conferance at http://www.xbox.com and there the Bungie corporation reveals they are working on the multiplayer gameplay.
Both singel and multiplayer will be launched rigth after the xbox release. My opinion is that Halo will rule!

dances with broom sticks
06-24-2001, 10:10 AM
that is cool... but did they mean multiplayer like two controllers in the same xbox? or lan play? or internet play? i agree it would be cool if it were lan and internet play!

Cyrus
06-26-2001, 03:17 PM
Hey all!
Bungie are making a multiplayer game to hola as well as singleplayer..
there will be chances of playing four against each other on one xbox, LAN play and of course the large scale multiplay optin on the internet
It`s only left to see if xbox will support broadband...(or I will be pissed Microsoft! and thats a warning! )

dances with broom sticks
06-26-2001, 04:44 PM
microsoft already said they would support broadband.
correct me if im wrong though

EIGamerzX
06-26-2001, 04:51 PM
Xbox Does have broadband but the xbox network won't be ready for a couple months after launch and microsoft Hasn't told bungie any specifications so it is impossible for them to make online play as it stands at the moment.............. I have a brother a sister and many friends to play with on multiplayer or on LAN so it doesn't phase me

Aaron
06-26-2001, 05:40 PM
*laff* actually halo will have internet multiplayer, and will microsofts online gaming "zone" im sure it will be multiplayer out of the box.

EIGamerzX
06-26-2001, 07:15 PM
......And Where Did you get that Halo will Have internet play?

Aaron
06-26-2001, 09:44 PM
from bungie

Cyrus
06-27-2001, 07:10 AM
Bungie has said that Halo will have multiplayer support and they will make the multiplayer ready and will be available on the game IF microft has the broadband supported on the Xbox by then.
They also say that there could be a multiplayer patch on Halo if the broadband support is not ready when Halo launches.
I certainly di hope Halo will have multiplayer support..
IT WOULD BE AWESOME !!!

EIGamerzX
06-27-2001, 08:37 AM
I know that Halo will have multiplayer their was even a multiplayer demo at E3, But that doesn't really mean that It will be online, FuNiOnZ I need proof gimme a link to this Thing that Bungie said about their being online play, I'll believe it when I read it.