PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who thinks legendary on halo is viscious?

halo_demon
09-02-2003, 02:01 AM
The change from Normal to Heroic isnt really all that bad.I still killed enemy scum and looted like a low-life bum.But when i went to legendary my hands quivered with fear.I was forced to devise a new but hard and time-consuming strategy.Stealth.Bashing the back of enemies' heads is very fun and rewarding but when an all-out fight is enevitable i feel a bit outnumbered and cheated.I always cussed at the screen for them to take me on one at a time but they just quadruple team me without mercy.And unlike heroic you dont get much help from teammates.It is a good challenge though and i loved beating it.Normal left me wanting more and so did heroic but maybe Legendary is just too much.

mitchrules1
09-02-2003, 02:06 AM
Nope Legandary is hard but not "that" hard. It is easier with 2-4 people though. Try that and report back to us.

halo_demon
09-02-2003, 02:11 AM
Yeah i am a bit rusty now that i think about it.Work is a b1tch.If i didnt work i fear i would be consumed by video games.That and poverty.I still think it is really hard, buy you're right it isnt too hard considering heroic wasnt that bad.Well in wait i sit for Halo 2.

Voodoo_Vince
09-02-2003, 02:13 AM
Legendary is the best setting , I play it by myself and use strategy it might take me 20 minutes to fight 6 elites in a hallway but Legendary on library by yourself is so Hard but so fun at the same time,

I fell into the Myth that if you beat it on all three Level stettings that you could use three weapons , all I got was the alternative ending , legendary is the best I hope Halo 2 has one higher than legendary ,

l Maximus l
09-02-2003, 06:32 PM
At first, I found Legendary to be pretty tough...but, once I got really good on the multi-player levels, I was able to skate right through Legendary without a problem.

It's kinda wierd, but, when I didn't think I could improve my skills anymore on multi-player, I thought I would beat Halo on Legendary again...then I went back to multi-player and noticed an even sharper and more accurate shot.

Damn, I love this game... :D

thrAsher
09-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Legendary is rough. I quit playing Halo's single player after getting ****ed at Legendary. To be honest, I didn't try that hard, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to play it anymore. Someday, someday...

Played online via XBconnect last weekend and MAN! What a blast. Even when I was getting my butt-cheeks handed to me (about 50% of the time) on a silver platter, I was loving it. Maybe I need to take on Legendary wholeheartedly and polish my skills so those damn fourteen year old twitch-a-holics won't be able to spank me so easily.

xboxman_1
09-02-2003, 08:01 PM
It is easier with 2-4 people though.

Thats interesting. Considering the whole, "You can only have 2 people play co-op" thing.

Ford Mustang
09-02-2003, 08:40 PM
Legendary is cake. I beat the whole game on Legendary by myself and have played the game so much that I can just plow through every level, and leave no enemies alive. I'm not joking. I don't know but I find Legendary easy now.

Dre
09-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Its hard, but once you get used to the way the different weapons work together its not bad at all. Take down an elite with a charged up plasma pistol blast, followed by a human pistol shot to the head. Once you got that going for you, its a piece of cake. Knowing the levels and enemy placements by heart sure helps too :)

Reclaimer
09-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

Thats interesting. Considering the whole, "You can only have 2 people play co-op" thing.

I was thinking that too....

Anyway, I found that on Legendary, I was more prone to throw out my CQB tactics and go with a straight crazy no holds barred battle. On Legendary, sometimes you just don't get the opportunity to lay in wait, or do tactical entries. There's so much chaos, you just gotta get in there and start wasting fools before you get overrun. But, on Legendary, it has helped my game significantly taking on mulitple dangerous contacts, and my "up close and personal" game is much improved.

halo_demon
09-04-2003, 12:50 AM
it seems we have some good comments here.You know i felt so incredibly stupid this morning.I was trying to beat elites on legendary without charging the alien pistol or anything and couldnt figure out why it suddenly got harder.Then i realized how much of a dumbass i was.Yeah i kill the elites first then the grunts just cower as i bash them over the head.The ones with the shield still give me a hard time when i dont have the alien pistol.I usually have to waste a hand grenade on them cuz im fed up with them.Pistol shots on the orange spot on the monster's back works rather well.I think that they were experiments by the aliens.Fusing armor with flesh.Just my opinion.Well maybe ill get more posts maybe not.I still havent gotten good enough to call Legendary easy though.But with time my power shall grow til no alien child feels safe sleeping at night!!!hahahahaa......wait its just a game....well peace out

lethaldosex
09-16-2003, 10:07 PM
The Warthog part at the end ****es me off. After flying though all of on Legendary and came to that. I had to get anger managment classes. Had no problem on any other mod though.

Adawg
09-19-2003, 01:27 AM
ya it hard but to tell you the truth ..at least for me Legendary is getting easy to..considering that I know a bunch of short cuts...but that is the best way to get hella better for multi player is to play levels like the lib...but after a bit you will think that legedary is to easy too.

Happy killing

lethaldosex
09-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Is there any short cuts on the last level?

I LOVE Halo...
09-23-2003, 09:35 PM
I am having major trouble on HEROIC
i cant even beat the first level of legendary

Reclaimer
09-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Hi there and welcome to the XBA. I figured this was what you where talking about when you PM'ed me with "how do you do it?".

There's no real set way to to do it. Just takes practice. A lot of it. Becoming familiar with how the various enemies take you on. Knowing what weapon is better on what enemy and so on.
It's a slow painstaking process. I'll be the first to admit that it's an ugly process, and I'll die many, many times.

I fight intelligently. I utilize cover, and only move to the next availible object of cover, staying away from the open areas. I engage only the closest enemy to me, unless I have a tool that can can provide wide spread coverage.. like a grenade. The higher the difficulty level, the further away I initiate my attacks.
I conserve my ammo, and only fire in bursts at my target.

Just have fun playing, and know what it's no cakewalk on Legendary. Just concentrate on having fun and understand the fact that you are going to freaking die many times.

Doom3_
09-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Although Halo is hard on Legendary it could be harder