PDA

View Full Version : Broken XBOX

Gellorock
09-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey I need help with my XBOX. I just got off the phone with microsoft and they said it would cost like 100 bucks to get it fixed. Everytime I put in anykind of disc it gives me an error saying to make sure its a XBOX game/DVD/CD and is clean, is there anyone with some advice before I just pop it open and play with stuff?

RudedogX
09-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Get a DVD lens cleaner first. It's basically a dvd that has brushes on the bottom. Try that, it should work. Worked for me!

Shadow20002
09-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Or maybe let it run a little before putting a game in it. Just because when it's like more than a month you don't touch it, it's will become more skipping. Just start your Xbox and listen some music then run a game. :p

Voodoo_Vince
09-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Get the Discwasher Wet/dry "Discwasher" is the brand name , the Dry ones just move durt around , and only use it twice a year , otherwise it may damage the lens ,

Wolfboy_888
09-02-2003, 02:52 PM
that happens to me sometimes...all i do is just spin the disk just as i place it in my xbox and before i press the button to close it lol may give it scratches but it gets all the dirt and stuff off it..

blackdeath
09-02-2003, 06:27 PM
just go to a best buy or whatever and exchange it. they get 100% credit for xbox's from MS. they will do it just so u buy something from them for their good customer service...

Satch
09-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey Black Death, huh?? you mean that Best Buy gives full value for USED xboxs?? Like, $180? Is this what you mean?:huh:

blackdeath
09-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Satch
Hey Black Death, huh?? you mean that Best Buy gives full value for USED xboxs?? Like, $180? Is this what you mean?:huh:

no, i mean when best buy returns an xbox, MS gives them full credit for what best buy paid for it. you may not realize this but some manufacturers don't give full credit for machines that are DOA or returned. this is why stores sell out of the box merchandise at a discount because they don't want to lose $$$ on it. its also why places like CompUSA charge a restocking fee. they usually just send it back to the manufacturer and get credit for it from them. MS is really good about giving full credit on Xbox's to stores. the only other company i know that does 100% is HP w/ their printers.