PDA

View Full Version : 50 songs in True Crime

Shadow20002
09-02-2003, 01:43 PM
True Crime: Streets of L.A to Feature Over 50 Official "Songs"

The undisputed Doggfather of hip-hop, Snoop Dogg, headlines Activision's True Crime: Streets of L.A. soundtrack with an all-new original song. Additionally, the eagerly awaited mission-based driving and action video game will debut an unprecedented 50 plus original songs performed by the biggest artists in West Coast rap including Westside Connection (Ice Cube, Mac 10, WC), E40, KAM, Caviar, Easy-E Jr., Lil 1/2 Dead, Bad Azz, Damizza, Young Billionaires, Sly Boogy, KoKain and Jay-O-Felony. Many of the tracks featured in the game have been themed around the gritty crime drama's action gameplay.

True Crime: Streets of L.A. also features licensed tracks from old school West Coast rappers such as Ice T and D.O.C., as well as contemporary hip-hop acts like N.E.R.D., providing a compelling backdrop to the game's no-holds- barred car chases, shootouts, on-foot pursuits and hand-to-hand combat.

In addition, Activision has partnered with Vybe Squad, LLC to develop a True Crime: Streets of L.A. double CD soundtrack that will showcase many of the original songs from the game. The soundtrack is scheduled for release this fall and will be distributed by Universal (UMVD).

Source@ (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=12641&mode=thread&order=0)

thrAsher
09-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Huh, what's wrong w/ heavy metal? Or speed metal? Really? I guess criminals only listen to beats these days, eh? :p

I was at Gamestop last week and they were offering a TC:SoLA DVD that featured a bunch of goodies if you put $5 down to reserve a copy. Almost went for it, but think I'll wait until the game comes out to see what everyone thinks. I'd probably only watch the DVD once or twice anyway.

RudedogX
09-02-2003, 01:55 PM
True Crime was one of the hardest games to get into the booth and play at E3 this year. That didn't happen with many games, and from what I saw of it, it could definetly be a 'gta killer', so I think it will be worth it.

shapoopy
09-02-2003, 03:03 PM
good music

DocHoliday78
09-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Well i am happy that rap is in the game but not snoop. Someone please cart this no good nizzle **** fizzle off the game. His new music sucks worse than his tv show.

Variation-XBA
09-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Well I hope the gameplay makes up for the music :P