PDA

View Full Version : few questions

munchee
06-21-2001, 11:25 AM
will the xbox be able to play mp3 cd's?
will the xbox dvd have a zoom in function like on some dvd players?
will the dvd remote be able to turn the xbox on/off? if not microsoft should really think into that... you cant really see what all the buttons are for on the remote, so i cant really tell..
lets say you rip a music cd to the hard drive, will it be like a playlist stored on the hard drive?, and can you just play the list like it was a cd? and when you rip a cd to the hard drive, will it be mp3 or wma format?
since microsoft said they're not gonna be making a web browser for xbox, would it be possible for a third party company to make a web browser, or an email program?

Recon-X
06-21-2001, 11:38 AM
The XBox might be able to play mp3 cd's... I dont have a clue. I dont know much about the DVD or music options but what I am sure about is that there is not going to be any 3rd party companies making web browsers or email programs for the Box for the simple reason that Microsoft wouldn't alow it. Despite that fact that all consoles systems are miniture computers, XBox has gotton critisism that it is just a low end PC, so I practically guarntee that you will not be able to use the XBox's internet capabilities for anything but gameing.

EIGamerzX
06-21-2001, 11:49 AM
Not totally sure if it will play mp3's straight off of a disk but if you just put in regular cd's it'll rip them onto the harddrive presumably in MP3 format. I am almost sure that after you do that if you turn on xbox without anything in it the dashbaord will come up and you will be able to access your playlist and hear them like if they were straight off of a cd. As for the zoom etc. on the DVD I don't really know but the xbox has a high end DVD so it's a real possibility also no idea about being able to turn it off via remote, but that would be a good feature................................... (me so lazy)

munchee
06-21-2001, 12:31 PM
well i dont think the remote will be able to turn the xbox on/off.. but i dont know if it'll be able to zoom in..

i went here:
http://xbox.com/Hardware/expansion+devices/dvdmovieplaybackkit.htm

and right clicked on the flash movie and kept zooming in til i could read the words on the controller, and there were only a couple i couldnt make out. and none of the ones i could read were power or zoom or anything

KevinM
06-22-2001, 02:05 AM
As far as ripping audio, my guess would be that the Xbox would rip the music into .wma format (that is Microsoft's patent for audio).<P>
Burned cd's? Probably so... but limited on file formats. <P>The Remote. Doubtful again. A main feature that I would like to see is a freaking reset button on the controller!!! I mean come on. Why should I have to leave the perch of my comfy couch to reset the machine. There should be some form of way to actually reboot the machine from the touch of a button. Lazy...yes. Smart ideas come from lazy people. :)

munchee
06-22-2001, 07:53 AM
maybe we should email microsoft our ideas and see what they think

ozenplayer
06-24-2001, 02:21 AM
you can prob reset it buy holding all the buttons and press start like on dreamcast

Severe_Tire_Damage
06-24-2001, 02:30 AM
Mmmm...Dreamcast....Um....Please excuse me for a while...

CodeScribe
06-24-2001, 06:23 PM
Go here for a better look at the DVD Remote: http://xbox.ign.com/news/34668.html

Doesen't look like there will be an on/off button. Guess us lazy folks will have to get off our butts and walk a few feet. :D I hope they at least add a reset function to the game controller.

seth78
07-05-2001, 01:02 AM
I've seen pictures of the XBOX dvd remote and at the top of it is that big green button. If it is true that you won't be able to turn the xbox on and off with the remote then what's the purpose of that green button? design? dvd tray opener? special link to top secret Microsoft satellites that, when activated by millions of green buttons on earth, on November 8th will trigger "special effects" in the hearts of gamecubes and PS2's? Yes I love my dreamcast to death but everyone knows that unfortunately it is slowly dying and "special effects" won't be necessary for its demise.

CodeScribe
07-05-2001, 01:50 AM
The caption over "the big green button" says: DISPLAY

Does that mean on/off? Possibly. I would think they'd put "Power" or something like that on there though. Guess we'll have to wait and see.