PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Turok

Dyslexic Chaos
09-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Do you guys think Turok Evolution is worth $15 Canadian (about 10 american)? It's at walmart for that price right now...

shapoopy
09-02-2003, 04:06 PM
does it suck that bad

Dyslexic Chaos
09-02-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by shapoopy
does it suck that bad

Thats what I'm trying to find out man...

C'mon guys, just tell me, i got untill like 6:30 central to find out...

thrAsher
09-02-2003, 04:37 PM
I liked it for about a day. Controls are clunky, graphics are sub-par, and it's overall not a very good game. The multiplayer is crappy, too. Still, some people liked the game, but I didn't. Turok on the N64, however, rocked. Too bad this one doesn't.

Tim
09-02-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I liked it for about a day. Controls are clunky, graphics are sub-par, and it's overall not a very good game. The multiplayer is crappy, too. Still, some people liked the game, but I didn't. Turok on the N64, however, rocked. Too bad this one doesn't.

Agreed.

But for CAN$15, why not give it a try. A friend of mine just got it for $10US.

smack_roscoe
09-02-2003, 06:34 PM
$10 bucks for a so-so FPS? Yeah, I would buy it. WTF is 10 bucks for a couple of hours of fun.

thrAsher
09-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I guess for the price it's aight. There is a lot of gore IMO and the title sequence is funny and gross at the same time. Some levels were actually REALLY tough. All the same, my copy has been lent away to the nether reaches of the world, and I haven't missed it once.

Ford Mustang
09-02-2003, 09:27 PM
I actually loved this game. I didn't think the graphics were that bad, although the character models were sub-par. The difficulty was tough, but just right. I also loved the multiplayer in this game. IT's definitely worth $10 USD. I wouldn't even have to think about it. :)

Viper87227
09-02-2003, 10:07 PM
i paid $10 for this, and I must say its worth it. While there are alot of much better FPS games, this is by no means bad. I got a few hours of fun out of this, and I am sure you can do. Like stang said, there is no reason to think twice about it, get the game!

DocHoliday78
09-03-2003, 12:57 AM
Hopefully Walmart will still have this in tomorrow. This is an awesome price and i am pretty sure i could sell this to my local gamecrazy for about 5 bucks more.

Supperdog
09-03-2003, 05:51 AM
fun game if you dont expect halo

and i think it's better than the n64 turok, i dont know why but that game bored the hell out of me

Knight
09-03-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Jerred B
Do you guys think Turok Evolution is worth $15 Canadian (about 10 american)? It's at walmart for that price right now...

I say NO, I wouldn't pay $1 for the game.

Cold_As_Ice
09-03-2003, 12:15 PM
I purchased Turok Evolution the day it was released. Five months later I sold it. Havnt missed it since.

halo_demon
09-04-2003, 01:33 AM
I think the game is so-so.I loved it for a few days.Then the case started getting dusty.Now it's hiding in my closet somewhere.The multiplayer was again so-so but the variety of power-ups did add a little spice to the game.But overall lack of development for story or charachters in the game are what killed it.Plus controls weren't too hot either.Halo sets the bounds now on how good a FPS can get.Sure part 2 will be awesome maybe even viewed by some as better than the first.But the first came out not knowing how it would be accepted and worshipped by millions,yes millions.Over 3 million copies have been sold and still counting.I guess what I'm trying to say is...FPS games will have to be awesome in the future if Creators wanna make money.The customers eyes have been opened to how good an FPS can be and now we want the best!peace out