PDA

View Full Version : New here, got some game questions..

KboT
09-02-2003, 07:27 PM
I just recintly got an Xbox (From my Cuisn, he bought it one week, I got it off him the next :P ) and he had two games, Halo (Of corse) and DoA: Xtrream Beach Vollyball :P
and I have some questions about Xbox.

1: Can you switch harddrives and get a bigger harddrive to rip games to? (Like I heard this)

2: Do I need any special equiptment to play DVDs on the Box?

3: Right now I'm looking at, Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic, Halo 2 (When it comes out, no brainer), Morrowing Gold (Really liked it on PC, but does not run the best), Soul Cailber 2.
Could somone tell me if these games are worth it? and what other games are coming that might be really nice.

P.S. I like RPGs, FPS, Adventure, and maybe fighting (Depending on the replay value). I DON'T like Sports, Platforms and stuff like that.

But yeah, thanks a lot for the help!
- KboT

PapaSKooT
09-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by KboT
1: Can you switch harddrives and get a bigger harddrive to rip games to? (Like I heard this)

2: Do I need any special equiptment to play DVDs on the Box?

3: Right now I'm looking at, Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic, Halo 2 (When it comes out, no brainer), Morrowing Gold (Really liked it on PC, but does not run the best), Soul Cailber 2.
Could somone tell me if these games are worth it? and what other games are coming that might be really nice.
- KboT

1 - piracy cannot be discussed here. Sorry.

2 - $30 - dvd adapter kit - remote and reciever

3 - From what ive heard at least, Yes, Yes, Yes, and yes. Also, Fable, Doom iii, and Amped.

Welcome to XBA :cheers:

KboT
09-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Oops sorry didn't know that was "Frowned upon" =)

Ok those games are kool kool. Doom III for Xbox? News to me :)

I gotta pay for that??? Argh! Ps2 Where art thou!

thrAsher
09-02-2003, 07:47 PM
Yes, a welcome is in order. So, welcome to XBA, and congratulations on owning the best platform out there. :p

PapaShaddix pretty much summed it up, but if you're an RPG fan (you did state that first) then you'll love KOTOR. Buy it first. Star Wars fan or no, you should enjoy it immensely. I did. The other RPG's to look forward to are Fable, Sudeki, and True Fantasy Live Online. Morrowind? I have it on the Xbox and quit playing 'cuz of the infamous Dirty Disc Error.

Any which way, you got on the Xbox train at a good time. There are some quality titles that are now Platinum Hits ($20 US).

KboT
09-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Yeah I wasn't sure about buying a console at this time (The new one will be out in a year or two) but I got a great price on it.

But yeah, I love RPGs, Exspecitly Open ones (Neverwinter Nights, Morrowing, most MOMRPGS). I really want to play KOTOR as some people are calling is the "Offline alternative to SW: Galxies", wether that is true or not is to yet be seen by myself.

I have also been hearing A LOT about fable, why is this game so anticipated?

Variation-XBA
09-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Fable is my holy grail waiting to be found :)

Read up on it, what you can do, etc etc and you'll see:)

Dre
09-02-2003, 11:31 PM
I would wait on buying morrowinD. There is a Morrowind GOTY edition that will be released in a couple of months that includes both PC expansions and the patches from the PC.

Shadow20002
09-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey, don't miss Nija Gaiden this year maybe this one is what you want the most in this fall. about Fable and B.C., don't know when these ones will be out...must wait wait and wait with hopes.

Arven
09-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Don't mod your Xbox or you'll have trouble getting on Xbox Live, which is a primary reason for owning an Xbox. I wouldn't worry about the size of the hard drive anyway; I've been playing for two years, and it still tells me my hard drive is almost empty, 500K blocks open.

BORNGD
09-03-2003, 11:07 AM
Do you have xbox live? if so you should try RTCW...very addicting!

DocHoliday78
09-03-2003, 02:17 PM
^^^ Try that or Island Thunder for Live. Both awesome games and welcome aboard. :cheers: